SiouxSports.com Forum

Western Regional

SOL

So how many tickets diid they sell to UND Champions Club members?  If their is only 1500 seats left for the other 3 schools, where did all the tickets go? 

Somewhere between 3000 and 3500 would be my guess.

Champions Club got roughly half of tickets (2,500 or so). 

Very curious to how full those SRO sections are going to be.

Called Bryce Lawrence (701-356-7640) Director of operations and tickets, and this guy was a real treat! I asked him why they wouldn't tell the general public that tix are gon so don't waste your time rather than piss everyone off? his response THERE WERE A COUPLE OF TICKETS LEFT. next question, why did you guys bid for this regional when you cant even handle the crowd of the fargo force? his response:I THINK THIS WILL BE A GREAT OPPERTUNITY FOR THE OTHER REGIONS TO BE ABLE TO TO VISIT FARGO. Oh so all the tickets went to the other regions instead of giving N.D. fans an opportunity? NO OTHER REGIONS WERE ONLY GIVIN 1000 TIX AND N.D. WAS GIVIN 5000. oh ok well you just kinda pissed down your own leg but what did I expect? I think they should play all BISON playoff games in Grand Forks.

I kept refreshing and trying again and again, and finally got 1 SRO.  1 does me no good, so I cancelled the transaction.  I was on at 11:00:01 getting the none available message until that single popped just before the "not on sale" message started going up. 

Exact same thing happened to me.  I was in at 10:55 and kept refreshing about every 30 seconds.  FINALLY got in at a few seconds after 11 and it said they were all gone already.  I don't know why, but I kept hitting refresh anyway - about 3 minutes later I got in again.  I asked for 4 sets, then 3 then 2 and finally one and it gave me one!  Standing room only tho - but I took it as we needed one more anyway.  We were successful with 2 on the Champion's Club call thing as well.  We will just have to draw straws to see who stands now!  Go Sioux!!

Called Bryce Lawrence (701-356-7640) Director of operations and tickets, and this guy was a real treat! I asked him why they wouldn't tell the general public that tix are gon so don't waste your time rather than piss everyone off? his response THERE WERE A COUPLE OF TICKETS LEFT. next question, why did you guys bid for this regional when you cant even handle the crowd of the fargo force? his response:I THINK THIS WILL BE A GREAT OPPERTUNITY FOR THE OTHER REGIONS TO BE ABLE TO TO VISIT FARGO. Oh so all the tickets went to the other regions instead of giving N.D. fans an opportunity? NO OTHER REGIONS WERE ONLY GIVIN 1000 TIX AND N.D. WAS GIVIN 5000. oh ok well you just kinda pissed down your own leg but what did I expect? I think they should play all BISON playoff games in Grand Forks.

So students and champions club members got 4,900.

So students and champions club members got 4,900.

From what I understand: UND got approximately 2,500 that went to the Champions Club.  Each of the schools that make it there will get something like a 500 ticket allotment.  Using those numbers, there should have been around 500 left though I'm not sure if the student tickets came out of UND's allotment or there were additional tickets that went to them.

My understanding is there was SRO tickets at club level and ice level…I believe the club level ones were gone with the champion club allotment and the ones purchased today were for ice level..under the current set up I do not believe there are risers set up for force games, however I have not been there this year yet…I know they have had risers in the past...really there isn't a bad seat in the house. Anyone know how the suites work? Do current suite holders get tickets for this event too?

SeatingChartFargoForce2014.gif

The Ice Bar and Cold Stone are the SRO at ice level.  The ice bar has an elevated area to the back of it that is a pretty good view.  The cold stone end has the Zamboni door and is actually split in 2 sections.  There used to be risers/bleachers in these areas (at least one of them?), but they were taken out a couple years ago.  I don't know if they'll return for the regional.  As for the size, it would more than hold the crowds that showed up in Grand Rapids or Cincinnati, just not the Sioux contingent when travel is easy...

Called Bryce Lawrence (deleted) Director of operations and tickets, and this guy was a real treat! I asked him why they wouldn't tell the general public that tix are gon so don't waste your time rather than piss everyone off? his response THERE WERE A COUPLE OF TICKETS LEFT. next question, why did you guys bid for this regional when you cant even handle the crowd of the fargo force? his response:I THINK THIS WILL BE A GREAT OPPERTUNITY FOR THE OTHER REGIONS TO BE ABLE TO TO VISIT FARGO. Oh so all the tickets went to the other regions instead of giving N.D. fans an opportunity? NO OTHER REGIONS WERE ONLY GIVIN 1000 TIX AND N.D. WAS GIVIN 5000. oh ok well you just kinda pissed down your own leg but what did I expect? I think they should play all BISON playoff games in Grand Forks.

I hope that rant let you blow off some steem.  Bryce is actually a personal friend of mine, and a good guy, who's hands were tied in this.  The school dictated some numbers for students and champion's club and the ncaa some numbers for other schools.  The arena bid it to get something near UND when the ncaa supposedly wasn't allowing on campus sites.  And, no, I didn't get tickets either.