SiouxSports.com Forum

RM Predictions

UND Fan

Ok...since we have this thread, I will put my post from the other thread here:

This should be a winnable game.  Don't know a whole lot about either team at this point, but am excited to finally see this new "Bubba" led team.  Hopefully we will witness an improvement in the fundamentals (ie tackling, filling gaps, making blocks, etc), playing with fire and passion, and showing discipline.

I'll go with UND 24-20. 

UND 31

RM-17

Ced Simmons has a nice day on the ground.

Very nervous that we may be playing two walk ons at the safety spots.

Yeah, that's very surprising about the safeties. Losing Reyes, Carr, and Montague, as reported by SFI, seems a little excessive.

Plus Dom Blackmon should be in the mix also, I do believe. Nevertheless, Bubba never alluded to any injuries during his Monday press conference, so I sure hope the same lineup that played vs SJSU can see the field again tomorrow vs RMU. It's the only way the team can continually improve.

Not me.

RMU is a weak team in a weak league.  Forget where we are in the BSC for a moment, just on an athlete to athlete basis, if UND can't roll this team at home on potato day I can't imagine what the conference season will be like.

42-13 UND

Not me.

RMU is a weak team in a weak league. Forget where we are in the BSC for a moment, just on an athlete to athlete basis, if UND can't roll this team at home on potato day I can't imagine what the conference season will be like.

42-13 UND

Your going to write off that around 15 of our 22 starters are making their 2nd college start and our depth is very limited behind those starters.

Not me.

RMU is a weak team in a weak league.  Forget where we are in the BSC for a moment, just on an athlete to athlete basis, if UND can't roll this team at home on potato day I can't imagine what the conference season will be like.

42-13 UND

The coach was fired after a miserable season and the new coach starts his career by getting blown out.

The program hasn't been so low in decades.

If you are seeing arrogance at this website, you are coming here with an agenda.

Nothing wrong with the quote below, I don't completely disagree but what changed in 3 days?  We are as low as we have been in decades but just since we are a Big Sky conference team we should suddenly blow RMU out.  By nearly 30?

He does have a point though...

If we can't handily defeat Robert Morris of the NEC, then it will be a long, difficult conference season.

I'm optimistic of the ability of the UND student-athletes, even the freshmen, when compared to RMU. San Jose State had the better talent vs UND, but UND should have the better talent vs RMU. I expect a win by at least a couple scores.

He does have a point though...

If we can't handily defeat Robert Morris of the NEC, then it will be a long, difficult conference season.

I'm optimistic of the ability of the UND student-athletes, even the freshmen, when compared to RMU. San Jose State had the better talent vs UND, but UND should have the better talent vs RMU. I expect a win by at least a couple scores.

Pretty sure we established it is going to be a long and difficult season.  Nothing changed in the past two weeks except that 2 players quit (Carr and Rogers) and 3-4 more are hurt and probably not playing.  The team sure as hell didn't get better this week.

Sidenote:  if walk-on juco Aaron Rogers had not quit right before the first game, he would be starting tomorrow.  Sometimes its best not to overreact to an initial depth chart.    :silly:

Pretty sure we established it is going to be a long and difficult season. Nothing changed in the past two weeks except that 2 players quit (Carr and Rogers) and 3-4 more are hurt and probably not playing. The team sure as hell didn't get better this week.

Sidenote: if walk-on juco Aaron Rogers had not quit right before the first game, he would be starting tomorrow. Sometimes its best not to overreact to an initial depth chart. :silly:

Difficult season, yes.

0-12 season, no.

Nothing wrong with the quote below, I don't completely disagree but what changed in 3 days?  We are as low as we have been in decades but just since we are a Big Sky conference team we should suddenly blow RMU out.  By nearly 30?

The NEC is terrible.

When RMU was the conference champion the ac rolled them 43-17, and the ac had 4 conference wins that year.

If you can't slap around the patsies on your schedule things are worse than I even thought.

The NEC is terrible.

When RMU was the conference champion the ac rolled them 43-17, and the ac had 4 conference wins that year.

If you can't slap around the patsies on your schedule things are worse than I even thought.

That is true, but the ac also rolled Montana State the following week 42-17 in Bozeman.

However, I will say that I think UND gets a 10+ point win tomorrow.