SiouxSports.com Forum

RM Predictions

UND Fan

The NEC is terrible.

When RMU was the conference champion the ac rolled them 43-17, and the ac had 4 conference wins that year.

If you can't slap around the patsies on your schedule things are worse than I even thought.

What's the thought today, Matt? I expected a close game because I think some fans under-estimate how much catching up UND has to do. I simply can't believe the amount of people here who picked UND to put up 30-40 points on Saturday against RMU.

What's the thought today, Matt? I expected a close game because I think some fans under-estimate how much catching up UND has to do. I simply can't believe the amount of people here who picked UND to put up 30-40 points on Saturday against RMU.

If UND didn't shoot themselves with penalties they probably could have put up 30 points. They had a 2nd and goal from the 1 but settled for a FG because of the delay of game penalty on Mollberg (Bubba was absolutely livid and chewed out both Mollberg and a coach).  Mistakes like that almost cost UND the game.

Pretty sure we established it is going to be a long and difficult season.  Nothing changed in the past two weeks except that 2 players quit (Carr and Rogers) and 3-4 more are hurt and probably not playing.  The team sure as hell didn't get better this week.

Like I said above.  People are severly overestimating the talent on this team.  The coaches are doing the best they can, obviously, but if the lineman cannot block there isn't much they can do.  That is just one position group that needs work.

Youth and average talent brings inconsistent play.  

If UND didn't shoot themselves with penalties they probably could have put up 30 points. They had a 2nd and goal from the 1 but settled for a FG because of the delay of game penalty on Mollberg (Bubba was absolutely livid and chewed out both Mollberg and a coach).  Mistakes like that almost cost UND the game.

We must have been at differnent games...................

We must have been at differnent games...................

There were definitely chances for UND to put up more points though. Having the ball on the 1 yard line with 2 shots to get it in is great...then the delay of game happened. Also, the other two field goals UND settled for in the first half were also partly because of penalties and poor snaps. Those need to be corrected. Like Bubba has said, those kind of things have nothing to do with your opponent, and everything to do with yourself.

• Upvote 2

There were definitely chances for UND to put up more points though. Having the ball on the 1 yard line with 2 shots to get it in is great...then the delay of game happened. Also, the other two field goals UND settled for in the first half were also partly because of penalties and poor snaps. Those need to be corrected. Like Bubba has said, those kind of things have nothing to do with your opponent, and everything to do with yourself.

Again, I must have been at a different game.  The scoreboard said UND had 16 points.  Molberg was not very good.  UND has almost no running game. But if UND "could have put up 30 points" make some feel better about the game...go for it!

• Upvote 1

Disappointing.

Seeing they are comparable to RMU doesn't make me feel good about conference play.

Again, I must have been at a different game.  The scoreboard said UND had 16 points.  Molberg was not very good.  UND has almost no running game. But if UND "could have put up 30 points" make some feel better about the game...go for it!

UND scored 16 points, yes, but they had legitimate opportunities to score. This correlates with the "day by day" teaching approach that Bubba has preached. The team needs to learn from its mistakes and get better each and every day. Simply looking at the scoreboard and seeing how many points have been scored is foolish; one needs to be able to assess situational football and various circumstances to improve. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Agree 100%. Especially considering that conference opponent EWU put 52 on the board on what's supposed to be a Pac-12 defense in the Washington Huskies.

We knew they wouldn't be great in conference, but there's a world of difference between being a 5 or 6 win BSC team and being a 7 or 8 win NEC team.

UND scored 16 points, yes, but they had legitimate opportunities to score. Simply looking at the scoreboard and seeing how many points have been scored is foolish.

Foolish?  We will agree to disagree but to say they "could have put up 30 points" because of "legitimate opportunities" when they didn't is in no way a "foolish" comment?? 16 points scored against a bad FB team...fact.  "Could have put up 30 points"...hypothetical.

I tend to go with what I saw actually happen and that is unfortunately according to you "simply looking at the scoreboard".  My bad.....................

Foolish?  We will agree to disagree but to say they "could have put up 30 points" because of "legitimate opportunities" when they didn't is in no way a "foolish" comment?? 16 points scored against a bad FB team...fact.  "Could have put up 30 points"...hypothetical.

I tend to go with what I saw actually happen and that is unfortunately according to you "simply looking at the scoreboard".  My bad.....................

Robert Morris could have scored a bunch more if only they didn't fumble or miss field goals - just little corrections! I love und football, but I agree with oxbow.

Foolish? We will agree to disagree but to say they "could have put up 30 points" because of "legitimate opportunities" when they didn't is in no way a "foolish" comment?? 16 points scored against a bad FB team...fact. "Could have put up 30 points"...hypothetical.

I tend to go with what I saw actually happen and that is unfortunately according to you "simply looking at the scoreboard". My bad.....................

The offense was bad, no question. But there are many ways they could improve rather quickly, such as limiting turnovers and penalties. Nevertheless, UND needs improvement across the board at many offensive positions.

This was a brutal game.  16-13 over RM?  That's painful and should worry everyone.  Stony Brook should be win #2 then maybe they pull off a 3rd win against somebody but i'll be shocked if they hit 4 wins.

OK we got it.  You are trying as hard as you can in mulitple threads to stir it up. Nobody bit.

This happens way too much on here.  Bison fans love acting like fans of other teams, very lame.  

• Upvote 2