SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 College Hockey (non UND hockey)

MafiaMan

I don't have the luxury of watching replay, but it looked to me like his elbow made head contact. I could be wrong but that is what it looked like when they showed the replay.

Nope, it was actually his hip that contacted his head. The MC dude is like 6'5" and he lost his edge and fell down just as Rau came in to engage him. Bad luck.

Union at Boston U tonight is being televised by NBCSN. Looking forward to seeing that one.

As predicted, Mariucci Classic game-times today are as follows:

Championship: Merrimack vs UMass-Lowell 4:00pm

3rd Place game: RIT vs Minnesota 7:00pm

Union at Boston U tonight is being televised by NBCSN. Looking forward to seeing that one.

As predicted, Mariucci Classic game-times today are as follows:

Championship: Merrimack vs UMass-Lowell 4:00pm

3rd Place game: RIT vs Minnesota 7:00pm

As predicted by the schedule that was released at the beginning of the season?  Gophers were always going to play at 7 PM tonight, regardless of the outcome Friday.

As predicted by the schedule that was released at the beginning of the season?  Gophers were always going to play at 7 PM tonight, regardless of the outcome Friday.

Doesn't bother me. I had issues with the night game at the Final Five, but this is their tournament and deserve to call the shots on when they think most fans will show up.

Correct. That final five scheduling was complete BS. While I miss the rivalry I don't miss those shenanigans

Back in 1997, at the Thursday night WCHA Final Five game, the announcement was made at the St Paul Civic Center that the #1 seed's (North Dakota's) game time had been changed to 2:00pm Friday and that Minnesota would be playing at 7:00pm. My roommate at the time had friends who drove to St Paul from Bemidji for the Friday night game not realizing that the Sioux had already played earlier that day. I kid you not. While I realize that the "Gopher rule" also came into play in Milwaukee at the 1999 WCHA Final Five, I still can't help but recall my the look on my roommate's friends' faces when Minnesota came out for pre-game warm-ups. They literally had no clue about the change.

As predicted by the schedule that was released at the beginning of the season? Gophers were always going to play at 7 PM tonight, regardless of the outcome Friday.

What I predicted was Merrimack beating Minnesota. Was it the 2007 tournament where the games were swapped around, because I'm quite certain it wasn't always the case that Minnesota automatically played at 7:00pm on Saturday night.

Don't you mean irregardless? MafiaMan, am I write?

Nope, shortbusguy was correct with using the word. "Irregardless" is commonly used in error - the recommended word is "regardless." Let me use the word in a sentence example:

Regardless of what happens tonight, I predict the Gophers dropping in the next poll.

Not only are you not "write," you're wrong.

Nope, shortbusguy was correct with using the word. "Irregardless" is commonly used in error - the recommended word is "regardless." Let me use the word in a sentence example:

Regardless of what happens tonight, I predict the Gophers dropping in the next poll.

Not only are you not "write," you're wrong.

Hahaha