SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp

UND Fan

There are rumors flying around that Aaron Carr is leaving the program. I was wrong when I predicted he wasn't coming back but it looks like he really never wanted to come back anyway. Curious why he left since he was projected to be a starter.

Judging by his twitter there is a girl that he really misses from back home. Never really felt comfortable about him staying here since he got on campus last year but I would love it if he does. Seems like a good kid and a good player.

There are rumors flying around that Aaron Carr is leaving the program. I was wrong when I predicted he wasn't coming back but it looks like he really never wanted to come back anyway. Curious why he left since he was projected to be a starter.

Seems like Aeron Carr has been leaving the program since the day he got here last year.    It's the point that he may as well go as this constant babbling is a distraction.   To paraphrase Yodi, go or don't go, but make up your mind.    Carr leaving will hurt, the question is how much and how steps in?

Seems like Aeron Carr has been leaving the program since the day he got here last year. It's the point that he may as well go as this constant babbling is a distraction. To paraphrase Yodi, go or don't go, but make up your mind. Carr leaving will hurt, the question is how much and how steps in?

While we lost a ton of talent on WR, I hope this group has better hands. We had play makers last year but there were a ton of dropped balls as well

Seems like Aeron Carr has been leaving the program since the day he got here last year. It's the point that he may as well go as this constant babbling is a distraction. To paraphrase Yodi, go or don't go, but make up your mind. Carr leaving will hurt, the question is how much and how steps in?

Carr didn't make the two-deep, and of those that did, 2 are true freshman and the other true freshman (Luke Stanley) almost had his shirt pulled too. The position should be okay to good moving forward. Remember, Casey Young and RJ McGill are capable too.

Carr didn't make the two-deep, and of those that did, 2 are true freshman and the other true freshman (Luke Stanley) almost had his shirt pulled too. The position should be okay to good moving forward. Remember, Casey Young and RJ McGill are capable too.

I still say don't sleep on Ivery.
  • Upvote 1

When Young got here as a freshman, I really thought he would be an impact player.  Sadly, it seems like he is now caught in the middle of the coaching change.  They really seem to like their recruiting class and want to see them play (obviously).  I watched a lot of practices between Spring and Fall ball and thought Young looked pretty solid.  Watching Fall ball, it is very evident that they want their recruits to make an impact.  I also agree with geaux-sioux on Ivery.  He too has paid his dues and has been pretty solid but under the radar in Fall camp.  My fear is that with an very questionable offensive line, this team could find itself forced away from their "pound the ball" strategy.  If they are trailing in games, they  are going to forced to throw the ball and these freshmen receivers may be a bit exposed.  

When Young got here as a freshman, I really thought he would be an impact player. Sadly, it seems like he is now caught in the middle of the coaching change. They really seem to like their recruiting class and want to see them play (obviously). I watched a lot of practices between Spring and Fall ball and thought Young looked pretty solid. Watching Fall ball, it is very evident that they want their recruits to make an impact. I also agree with geaux-sioux on Ivery. He too has paid his dues and has been pretty solid but under the radar in Fall camp. My fear is that with an very questionable offensive line, this team could find itself forced away from their "pound the ball" strategy. If they are trailing in games, they are going to forced to throw the ball and these freshmen receivers may be a bit exposed.

Can look at it two ways:

1)Offensive line is poor so they have to throw it.

2) Look at big picture and hope defense keeps game close so the offense can still run the ball.

Last year's staff gave up on the run, but Bubba won't do that. They understand they need to run to ensure solid defense due to TOP. Plus the o-line should be more physical than last year cause they understand the run game emphasis.

UND Colorado, you seem to be high on Young....any word on why he can't crack the lineup?

RJ McGill and Brandon Walker are talented players. McGill was always "better" than Young due to his playing time even when Hardin and Jameer Jackson were around. Young will play a lot this year; he's technically 3rd on the depth chart.

UND Colorado, you seem to be high on Young....any word on why he can't crack the lineup?

This was in regard to Ivery. 

Haven't seen enough of Young yet, although I do believe he is a hard worker and good team guy so hopefully he gets a shot in the rotation.

Carr tweeted "No time to waste. #MovingForward". I would say he is gone judging by everything. Disappointing but I wish him luck in the future. Clearly his heart was not here.

He should go run track somewhere.  He does not have the mentality of a football player.  

Carr's heart was never here.   If he has true freshman already beating him out and he is ready to leave  before the season starts, then it is best for everyone involved for him to move on.   Those are exactly the type of attitudes we don't need here.  We don't need quitters.   His attitude should be to prove it on the field and hopefully a month from now he  will be on the first or second squad.  Kids expect everything to be handed to them.  

• Upvote 3

@tommillergf: UND WR Aeron Carr has opted to leave team for personal reasons and P Mitch Meindel suspended 4 games for violation of athletic dept policy

If he left for personal reasons that is fine with me. We don't need to criticize him on hear and assume when we have no idea. Best of luck to him.

• Upvote 1