SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Anyone else notice that the only time CAS shows up here is when NDSU looks bad and he thinks he has to protect the "Bison image"?  Then he shows up here to insult people and UND so that he can distract from the actual discussion.

How does NDSU look bad?!

If you are suggesting we look bad because we scheduled UND, I agree.

Otherwise, and again, how does NDSU look bad?!

CAS...

How did UND "leak" the info about the game? Jamaal Spencer broke the story last night with his tweet at 901pm. Spencer....the ndsu rube who runs the sports dept of the station that carries Ndsu athletics.

Use your head.

He wasn't the only one to get the leak, he was just "Jamel one the Spot" and got it out first. The rest poured in shortly thereafter, they were just a bit late to the game.

I call information given to the press without being asked and not in the context of a press release or presser a leak, a that is what it was, and it did not come from NDSU.

How does NDSU look bad?!

Ndsu has made every attempt to avoid these games. The only way they are taking place is because faison agreed to two consecutive away games. Then ndsu holds a press release stating the only reason these games were scheduled was to fill their schedule since they couldn't find fbs teams. Apparently ndsu isn't excited about the rivalry. The ndsu athletic department appears arrogant. I hope it comes back to bite em.

He wasn't the only one to get the leak, he was just "Jamel one the Spot" and got it out first. The rest poured in shortly thereafter, they were just a bit late to the game.

I call information given to the press without being asked and not in the context of a press release or presser a leak, a that is what it was, and it did not come from NDSU.

So someone in the press got the story and gave it to one of their competitors to run with.  Makes complete sense. 

I think its as likely that your source at FU is feeding you full of !@#$ cause you were upset they signed the contract.  If UND was going to leak this story, they would have leaked it to a local media outlet who would have had no problem running with it.

Ndsu has made every attempt to avoid these games. The only way they are taking place is because faison agreed to two consecutive away games. Then ndsu holds a press release stating the only reason these games were scheduled was to fill their schedule since they couldn't find fbs teams. Apparently ndsu isn't excited about the rivalry. The ndsu athletic department appears arrogant. I hope it comes back to bite em.

Avoid the games?! Maybe we just didn't want to play UND--or is that automatically "avoiding". 

The presser was called to nip this "news event" in the bud and move on to what is important--this season.

The statement you reference was the answer to a question posed, not something typed up in advance ... and it is also true. NDSU is not looking to start an annual game with UND--Period.

And as far as the "come back to bite" reference, do you happen remember Roger Thomas and what he did?!

YaOuch!!

So someone in the press got the story and gave it to one of their competitors to run with.  Makes complete sense. 

I think its as likely that your source at FU is feeding you full of !@#$ cause you were upset they signed the contract.  If UND was going to leak this story, they would have leaked it to a local media outlet who would have had no problem running with it.

What?! Oh, so a leak only goes to one media member . . . I see.

Avoid the games?! Maybe we just didn't want to play UND--or is that automatically "avoiding".

The presser was called to nip this "news event" in the bud and move on to what is important--this season.

The statement you reference was the answer to a question posed, not something typed up in advance ... and it is also true. NDSU is not looking to start an annual game with UND--Period.

And as far as the "come back to bite" reference, do you happen remember Roger Thomas and what he did?!

YaOuch!!

Those ndsu fans that didn't want to play und I can understand. When these games are played und football will be catching up with ndsu. I can understand ndsu not wanting this as und already has the lead with the top sports team in the state. Now ndsu is risking their football team being number 3.

And according to bisonville, ndsu fans are more excited about this news than they are with the Iowa state game. If this was going to be such a distraction for ndsu why did they wait until right before the season to get the deal done? I guess they are used to distractions down there in Fargo anyway.

Since NDSU fans aren't interested in this game, there should be a lot of seats for UND fans to buy... That's what I am gathering from reading some of the BIsonville fan's comments. 

Not to worried. You guys barely get a couple thousand to your own tinshed of an arena!!

Those ndsu fans that didn't want to play und I can understand. When these games are played und football will be catching up with ndsu. I can understand ndsu not wanting this as und already has the lead with the top sports team in the state. Now ndsu is risking their football team being number 3.

And according to bisonville, ndsu fans are more excited about this news than they are with the Iowa state game. If this was going to be such a distraction for ndsu why did they wait until right before the season to get the deal done? I guess they are used to distractions down there in Fargo anyway.

@Bold: Um, Taylor sent this contract to your "AD" before he left. 

Otherwise, Peace Out--my weekend is about to start!!

How does NDSU look bad?!

You're the one that showed up here and started protesting.  You only do that when you think you need to protect NDSU's image.  So, you must think NDSU's image is at risk, otherwise you wouldn't bother showing up here.

• Upvote 2

YaOuch!!

Yeah, that's not working too well by the looks of things. Next. :silly:

• Upvote 1

What?! Oh, so a leak only goes to one media member . . . I see.

Usually a "leak" comes from sources inside a dept. Who does KVLY have stronger ties too?

If you want to control the media and what they report, sometimes you give that nugget to keep them happy.

• Upvote 1

What a joke!

The burger flippers from the College of Home Economics haven't produced anywhere near the number and quality of professional athletes compared to the flagship University of North Dakota.

Even in football, UND equals if not surpasses them.  

However, I know they have us beat in the number of third class felons that have committed credit card fraud.  They have that going for them.  :p

This one made me chuckle. Hate to spoil your joke here....but nobody outside of small town schools even knows the FCS exists.  Second tier football is tough to watch unless it's the only thing to watch I guess.  When does hockey start up? 

Sorry to all the UND football fans...but this is an accurate statement.  I just hate hearing Bison fans think they are some sort of top tier football team. Top tier football teams play in top tier leagues.

FCS football is just as popular as NCAA hockey, perhaps even more so. Football is the king sport in the USA; hockey is fourth at best. Add all that up and you have FCS football being a lot more meaningful than hockey-only fans want it to be. 

• Upvote 1

From what I gather, UND hockey has been pretty second tier (in a 54 team league) of late save for that lucky run at the end of last year. 

Amirite?!

Second tier in a "54 team" league?

UND hockey is not even close to second tier. 

UND was not lucky last year, or basically any year for that matter. They regularly advance to the NCAA tournament. For you to understand, that's like a Duke or Michigan State in NCAA basketball. 

UND competes against major schools like Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Miami (OH), etc. when they compete in the NCAA tournament. That makes that "54 team" NCAA hockey landscape every bit as powerful as the FCS football classification, being most FCS schools are tiny and good at maybe one sport (Towson, Sam Houston State, Eastern Washington, etc. etc. etc.).

• Upvote 1

I'm not going to lose sleep over it.  From what I have read here the arrogance is coming from the Bison fans.  Like I said earlier, I cheered for the Bison to win those natty's. More out of pride for the state.  I am more of a D-1A football fan.  I simply think it's a good idea for these two teams to play.  I just find it odd there could be such arrogance from a fanbase at this level of play.  This decision seems obvious to me, however by no means am I an FCS expert.  Done trolling :)

I dislike bison trolls and, well, most NDSU fans in general, but this is a problem.

UND hockey fans say they support North Dakota by cheering for NDSU in football, and yet they say they are more of a FBS fan. If you want to support North Dakota, support UND's football team along with UND hockey. UND hockey and UND football are run by the same athletic department; that's not the case with UND hockey and NDSU football. You're doing UND a disservice by supporting NDSU football - if you really want to support UND and UND hockey, you'll support all of UND's athletics. 

• Upvote 1

Not quite.  It's a long story....too long for this thread :)

How many NFL players (that actually play)...suited up for the bison in the past 10 years?  Obviously, we don't need to go into UND hockey players playing in the NHL or what their total salaries are.  I am just more curious.

You're comparing Fargo to New York City here.

There's no comparison.

Yeah the NHL is a top professional league, but its no where near the juggernaut that the NFL and football is. Having 10 alumni play in the NHL is equal to having 3 alumni play in the NFL...