SiouxSports.com Forum

Phillips Leaves NDSU for Ohio U.

MoSiouxFan

Bubba has the potential to a better head coach then Klieman.

for a while much of sioux sports seemed to think that kleiman was the best choice and woudl be next coach and were pretty trilled. Then he suddenly went off the market and the coaching search went adrift.

for a while much of sioux sports seemed to think that kleiman was the best choice and woudl be next coach and were pretty trilled. Then he suddenly went off the market and the coaching search went adrift.

IMO both new FB coaches will do well...will just take Bubba some time to clean up the disaster Muss left.

Early candidate for B.S. statement of the year right here.

Bubba has the potential to a better head coach then Klieman. He's already made a splash in recruiting so I don't know what you're talking about. Good luck handling the loses this season.

The last few years would say he isn't a better D Coordinator than Klieman, I guess we will see about a HC.

I don't know Richman, seems like a good guy, but I have to question how quickly they hired him. He has no real coaching experience other than NDSU and his staff is all former NDSU players that have zero experience as well. This hire is very Mussman-like on paper and his staff is very Mussman-like as well. As a UND fan I am all for it. Just seems odd that he was such a "slam dunk" with such an average resume. They would have gotten 10-15 resumes with better credentials than his.

The last few years would say he isn't a better D Coordinator than Klieman, I guess we will see about a HC.

No clue on how Klieman will end up as a head coach, but he did step into a national championship defense full of experienced underclassman that was put together by Hazelton. He was obviously able to maintain it quite well, but the ground work was well into to place before he stepped on campus.

I don't know Richman, seems like a good guy, but I have to question how quickly they hired him. He has no real coaching experience other than NDSU and his staff is all former NDSU players that have zero experience as well. This hire is very Mussman-like on paper and his staff is very Mussman-like as well. As a UND fan I am all for it. Just seems odd that he was such a "slam dunk" with such an average resume. They would have gotten 10-15 resumes with better credentials than his.

Sounds like people like Saul and Woodside, and Jacobson told GT that he would be dumb not to hire Richman. So if Richman fails it makes them all look like idiots.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/25197019/bison-name-dave-richman-as-head-basketball-coach

• 3 weeks later...

I see you Richman really capitalized on that Oklahoma win during spring recruiting. His recruits are obviously highly regarded in D2 world.

I found it interesting that they released a player from his NLI who, from what I understand, Richman was key in recruiting originally. Also found it entertaining that the experts they have talked him up for over a year on how he was such a steal and NDSU was lucky to get him to commit early and then promptly dismissed him being released as a positive for both parties like it was no big deal, especially after recently stating that all 4 players were still committed despite the coaching change.

I found it interesting that they released a player from his NLI who, from what I understand, Richman was key in recruiting originally. Also found it entertaining that the experts they have talked him up for over a year on how he was such a steal and NDSU was lucky to get him to commit early and then promptly dismissed him being released as a positive for both parties like it was no big deal, especially after recently stating that all 4 players were still committed despite the coaching change.

Mr. Sunshine. Gotta love the endless spin. LOL when I read that gem.

He looked promising early but he didn't progress as hoped. Better chance for him to play at Concordia St Paul, especially early.

Paul Miller looks to be the big steal.

He looked promising early but he didn't progress as hoped. Better chance for him to play at Concordia St Paul, especially early.

That is some interesting spin. Why would NDSU offer and then sign a kid that early if they had concerns about him still developing? And the kid had a very good senior year, curious what he didn't progress on. I guess its a win/win for NDSU. If the kid ends up blowing up his senior season, he's already locked in at NDSU. If not, tell him he won't play and release him from his NLI.

I understand the offer aspect of it, those get pulled all the time for various reasons. What I don't get is the part where they were confident enough that they had him sign his NLI early in his senior year and it prevented him from being recruited by other schools. It would make a little more sense if the coaching staff was completely new, but from what I was understand, Richman was the one the recruited him.

Paul Miller looks to be the big steal.

So your staff offered him a full ride. Led him on for a year that he was a welcome addition and then dumped him when they felt he wasn't a good fit.

Classy program

So your staff offered him a full ride. Led him on for a year that he was a welcome addition and then dumped him when they felt he wasn't a good fit.

Classy program

I don't think he was dumped, I think he just found a better situation to see playing time sooner and play in his home metro area. He should play right away at CSP, he wasn't going to get that opportunity at NDSU,

This is the only player I can remember in a long time that didn't end up coming after signing his NLI. So it isn't like we dump players, from my understanding it was mutual.

I don't think he was dumped, I think he just found a better situation to see playing time sooner and play in his home metro area. He should play right away at CSP, he wasn't going to get that opportunity at NDSU,

This is the only player I can remember in a long time that didn't end up coming after signing his NLI. So it isn't like we dump players, from my understanding it was mutual.

Why would he have been looking for a better situation? And doubtful he thought he was going to come in and play as a true freshman and if he had that illusion, its on the staff. Guessing if he wanted to play right away he could have held out for an offer that would have provided him that instead of signing with NDSU so early.

Wonder how that "mutual" decision was reached since as of two weeks ago, he was still a solid commit.

Why would he have been looking for a better situation? And doubtful he thought he was going to come in and play as a true freshman and if he had that illusion, its on the staff. Guessing if he wanted to play right away he could have held out for an offer that would have provided him that instead of signing with NDSU so early.

Wonder how that "mutual" decision was reached since as of two weeks ago, he was still a solid commit.

Why don't you worry about all the FB players jumping ship over in Bubba Land? I thought they were solid commits? Did you see the 6-9 kid Richman signed the other day?

Why don't you worry about all the FB players jumping ship over in Bubba Land? I thought they were solid commits? Did you see the 6-9 kid Richman signed the other day?

The one he absolutely, criminally, STOLE from Chadron State?

• Upvote 3

What does football have to do with any of this? If NDSU wouldn't have got beaten out on Shanks by UND, they wouldn't have to poach kids from D2 schools at the last minute.

Your new staff didn't even give him a chance to step on campus before removing his scholarship.

When he gave his verbal I think there was a good chance he could have seen early playing time. Nobody knew how Dupree was going to progress and then Paul Miller has a huge year. Coaches can't predict the future.

When he gave his verbal I think there was a good chance he could have seen early playing time. Nobody knew how Dupree was going to progress and then Paul Miller has a huge year. Coaches can't predict the future.

Dupree hit one shot and a couple free throws, only because Braun fouled out. He didn't play the entire year for a reason.

Dupree hit one shot and a couple free throws, only because Braun fouled out. He didn't play the entire year for a reason.

Well it is hard to play him over LA, Brown or Braun. But when he played he constantly showed flashes of being capable of doing some good things, I think he will flourish with minutes.

The one he absolutely, criminally, STOLE from Chadron State?

If I was a fan of a team that will be counting heavily on a VERY overated Hooker and a UMKC castoff in Tyler as their starting backcourt, I would be worried about my own team. Neither of them has any ability to create offense for themselves, and I would be surprised if they get any better with that coaching staff.

As far as players with only D2 offers, I think NDSU has done fairly well with Woodside, Winkleman, Braun, etc. Some coaching staff develop talent, while others let their players regress.