SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs Western Mich - NCHC consolation game

AZSIOUX

Main scenario that gets UND in the tourney

SIOUX WIN 3:37

UMASS LOWELL WIN 6:00 vs UNH for hockey east title

WISCONSIN WIN 7:00 vs Ohio state for big 10 title

Hope they can light the lamp today! Go sioux!!

Sioux have everything to play for and Western Michigan really has nothing to play for. I think a quick start and an early goal is important today for the Sioux. Need to take advantage of the chances and finish on them today. Here is hoping there's a reason for me to be cheering for Lowell and Wisconsin later tonight.

At least Western Michigan was trying to build momentum for the playoffs in that game, this time they are done no matter what after today.

Agreed, UND has much more to play for, that being said WM will not just lie down for us either. They'll want to put the nail in our coffin and end the season. Hope they come more prepared than yesterday. I'm really not ready to be done watching Sioux hockey for the year.

Sioux have everything to play for and Western Michigan really has nothing to play for. I think a quick start and an early goal is important today for the Sioux. Need to take advantage of the chances and finish on them today. Here is hoping there's a reason for me to be cheering for Lowell and Wisconsin later tonight.

So the EFFORT you see out of the Sioux this afternoon should tell you what you need to know about this team...it may or may not translate to the scoreboard but there should be 20 guys giving their all today. If you are the backup goalie and your only job is to open and close the door on the bench, you better open and close the hell out of that door. This is the last chance to do anything this year so may as well go out with guns blazing.

You know Western will come to play, they aren't going to lay down and let North Dakota win. Go Sioux!

one wmu layer has something to play for -cichy. to end his former teams season. whether or not that translates to others we'll see. murray is a good coach and will have them ready to play spoiler today. will hak and co have their boys ready. we'll see.

So the EFFORT you see out of the Sioux this afternoon should tell you what you need to know about this team...it may or may not translate to the scoreboard but there should be 20 guys giving their all today. If you are the backup goalie and your only job is to open and close the door on the bench, you better open and close the hell out of that door. This is the last chance to do anything this year so may as well go out with guns blazing.

You know Western will come to play, they aren't going to lay down and let North Dakota win. Go Sioux!

Agree this game more than any other this year should tell us everything about this team. There should be nothing left in the guys tank by the end of this one and there has to be a sense of urgency and desperation from the Sioux today.

Wish I could be really optimistic about all three things falling into place today, but at least UND can go out with a win, if that is what it comes down to. I was admittedly "venting" quite a bit last night, but ultimately my unwavering support is for the health and direction of the program. Start today by racking up at least one more "W".

It will be an interesting game. The way UND is playing they don't deserve to make the NCAA's. However, their great second half-run for the most part, deserves reward in making the NCAA tournament. I can't imagine being a player and saving your season and now your season is on the line with all that effort you put in this year.

Go Sioux!

Even if the other requirements don't fall into place (I'm not very confident about Wisconsin beating Ohio State), I want the Sioux to win so they can still go out on a win (though I'm sure that's little to no consolation for the boys) and because it means we kept Michigan from making it.

I'm hoping that with the season on the line, the Sioux pull it out. Wouldn't mind a little payback for the Penrose, too. Hopefully, Western Michigan is too deflated to offer much of an effort, though I'm sure they'd love to end our season.