SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FACEOFF - Sioux vs Miami Friday

AZSIOUX

:lol: :lol: No way you really believe that. UW has a shot at a #1 seed and they would've struggled to get home ice in the NCHC?

Split with Alaska-Anchorage - winning by one goal...beat Northern Michigan by a goal and tied Lake Superior State...split with Miami...beat Alabama-Huntsville by one goal...beat CC in OT...got rolled by BC and BU...

Yea...those Badgers would have steamrolled the NCHC...

Go Sioux! Beat Miami!

:lol: :lol: No way you really believe that. UW has a shot at a #1 seed and they would've struggled to get home ice in the NCHC? Wow you and everyone else here has an inflated opinion about the NCHC. This year it was a bad conference.

Losing to Miami, Anchorage, and Ohio St? They're the same team they've been the past 3 years, but this year the majority of their schedule was a cakewalk.

Picked that comment to reply to but missed my post about Michigan's performance over the past four months? Nice.

So I can cherry pick UND's first half and call them a bad team and ignore the second half? Nice logic. Michigan is ahead of your squad in the pwr so if they're mediocre what is UND?

So I can cherry pick UND's first half and call them a bad team and ignore the second half? Nice logic. Michigan is ahead of your squad in the pwr so if they're mediocre what is UND?

First HALF? That's the last four months of the season! Throw out that 5-0 start and the 5 November wins that included Michigan Tech (2), Nebraska Omaha, Niagara, and Ohio State and what do you have? MEDIOCRE!

The flaw of the pairwise is that no consideration is given for being hot recently. I'm glad you give Michigan so much credit for how well they were playing 5-6 months ago. The Wolverines are who I think they are!'

17-5-1 since December 1st

9-11-3 since December 1st

Pairwise notwithstanding, who would YOU rather be, assuming both teams were going to make the NCAA's?

The only reason Michigan is ahead of UND in the PWR is because your almighty Gophers played their backup goalie and made no intention of trying to win the game.

The only reason Michigan is ahead of UND in the PWR is because your almighty Gophers played their backup goalie and made no intention of trying to win the game.

and if UND wouldn't have pissed away saturday's game they would be ahead of michigan right now. the old saying is you don't win championships in october or november. but the other side of that is you sure can lose them. if UND fails to make the tourney this season, their putrid start will be to blame.

and if UND wouldn't have pissed away saturday's game they would be ahead of michigan right now. the old saying is you don't win championships in october or november. but the other side of that is you sure can lose them. if UND fails to make the tourney this season, their putrid start will be to blame.

That is true also, UND sweeps CC they stay ahead in Michigan.

I'm guessing this line will put out there against Miami's top line as much as possible being UND will have last change. Miami hasn't seen this line yet either as Hak moved Pattyn of this line right about the time they played last month.

I had the same thought, but NCHC coaches have really pushed the rules on last changes and line changes after icings this year. In particular UNO, CC, and WMU really pushed it to the limit, causing confusion for the officials until it reached a point where no one really knew what was going on. Even if the coaches didn't get the line on the ice that they wanted, they succeeded in getting more rest for their line that was stuck on the ice. I think that was part of the issue that got Dean Blais tossed at the game at UND. I am hoping the officials really clamp down on these shenanigans this week.

I had the same thought, but NCHC coaches have really pushed the rules on last changes and line changes after icings this year. In particular UNO, CC, and WMU really pushed it to the limit, causing confusion for the officials until it reached a point where no one really knew what was going on. Even if the coaches didn't get the line on the ice that they wanted, they succeeded in getting more rest for their line that was stuck on the ice. I think that was part of the issue that got Dean Blais tossed at the game at UND. I am hoping the officials really clamp down on these shenanigans this week.

I've noticed this too. In particular, in OT vs. CC, they had iced the puck and Owens sent about 8 guys out to the faceoff dot. Confusion ensued, and it took about 30 seconds to get the puck dropped. I was screaming for a delay of game...I wish they would just drop the puck and assess a too many men penalty. I remember a time where they threatened to drop the puck within 15 seconds regardless...boy has that gone by the wayside.

I've noticed this too. In particular, in OT vs. CC, they had iced the puck and Owens sent about 8 guys out to the faceoff dot. Confusion ensued, and it took about 30 seconds to get the puck dropped. I was screaming for a delay of game...I wish they would just drop the puck and assess a too many men penalty. I remember a time where they threatened to drop the puck within 15 seconds regardless...boy has that gone by the wayside.

Gwoz used to do this all the time to give his players extra rest. Maybe they'd end up on the ice in the end anyway, but they'd get a ton of extra rest.

In my opinion, the rule should be that if you don't have the right players on the ice because of an attempted change (when everybody knows full well when changes are and aren't allowed), the team should be charged an immediate delay of game minor.

Give it 3-5 years the NCHC will be the premier conference in College Hockey, all programs have a solid foundation and will only get better. I really can’t see that happening with Ohio State, Penn State and even Michigan State. Even Hockey East has its perennial bottom feeders, I can’t see that going forward in the NCHC

I hope so though, I would love to see ohio st, and penn st improve. Improved play across the board is only better for college hockey. Even a few years ago, I was glad to see the Goofers retain Bjugstad. Its good for the game to keep the talent in the league and see improvement on all teams.

HA - CC even had the refs arguing with each other over who should be on the ice. One ref told a couple players to get off the ice, then the 2nd ref had them come back and told 2 other players to get off. Whoever is in charge of the music at the Ralph should have immediately queued up the circus music.

:lol: :lol: No way you really believe that. UW has a shot at a #1 seed and they would've struggled to get home ice in the NCHC? Wow you and everyone else here has an inflated opinion about the NCHC. This year it was a bad conference.

How can you be so high on Wisco? Didn't they win like 4 road games total all year? And, I'm pretty sure 3 of those were against Penn State and Ohio State. If they had that same level of road success in the NCHC they would have been middle of the pack based on road losses alone. I'm pretty confident that you already acknowledged that every team (excluding CC) in the NCHC was a better team than Penn State. So again what is so special about a Wisco team that can't win anywhere but the Kohl center?

Right it all comes down to that one game. :silly:

If you are going to base you comments on pairwise rankings - yes 1 game can have a hugh difference. My recollection from watching the last MN/Mich game and listening to the annoucers was that a Michigan win kept them in the 9-11 range and a loss dropped them to like 14-17. So if pairwise is your only argument it literally can all come down to one game. Don't believe me - ask Yale. They were 1 game (needing a positive result) from not even getting in the NCAA's last year.

• Upvote 2

How can you be so high on Wisco? Didn't they win like 4 road games total all year? And, I'm pretty sure 3 of those were against Penn State and Ohio State. If they had that same level of road success in the NCHC they would have been middle of the pack based on road losses alone. I'm pretty confident that you already acknowledged that every team (excluding CC) in the NCHC was a better team than Penn State. So again what is so special about a Wisco team that can't win anywhere but the Kohl center?

They won 5 of 14 road games, which is not exceptional, certainly. But they handed the gophers two of their 5 losses and have a lot of talent, including arguably the most talented player in the country in Kerdiles, along with Zengerle, who is another elite level player. UW has not put together a long run of victories but that they have all the elements of a team that can go all the way. In fact, I'd say the main difference between UW and UND is our lack of elite level forwards who can change a game.

But hey, UND is more than capable of putting together a run--they just have to get there.

He was tossed for refusing to put a man in the penalty box when they got called for too many men.