SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FACEOFF - Sioux vs Miami Friday

AZSIOUX

They may need to consider hosting the tournament at the top seed's venue. I mean how close were they this year to CC, Western, Miami, and Denver? Just a thought. UMD, Duluth, SCSU, UND make it and attendance isn't an issue.

I'm not sure St Cloud would have had enough hotel rooms for all the Sioux fans coming to town, though...

This could have been a disaster weekend...with attendance at the WCHA tournament probably beating the NCHC. Ferris State will put a thousand or more fans in the seats in Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids is only about a 45 minute drive from Big Rapids.

And anyone want to weigh in on Keaton Thompson vs. Gage Ausmus playing on the blue line with Troy Stecher? My money's on Thompson, but I'm fine either way.

Dave

I like the physical edge that Ausmus brings, but Thompson wins my vote because he adds offense to a team that struggles to score at times. If they could clone Stecher I'd be okay with that option too.

I really liked Pattyn-Gaarder-Rodwell and O'Donnell-Grimaldi-Johnson tonight. Of course Mark Mac, Parks, and Caggiula need to stay together.

I also thought that Panzerella brought something that was missing with Mitch MacMillan in the lineup, so I guess he can stay with Chyzyk and St. Clair.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'll be happy if we see tonight's lines again on Friday night.

Any thoughts?

Dave

I think these lines work well. Panzarella brought hustle and physical play on a level above Mitch. But can somebody have a couple of words with Luke?? And LaDue? What is it with Luke taking a stupid penalty every game? And LaDue - most of the time plays great but nearly cost the team the season - freshman mistakes I guess.

I really liked Pattyn-Gaarder-Rodwell and O'Donnell-Grimaldi-Johnson tonight. Of course Mark Mac, Parks, and Caggiula need to stay together.

I also thought that Panzerella brought something that was missing with Mitch MacMillan in the lineup, so I guess he can stay with Chyzyk and St. Clair.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'll be happy if we see tonight's lines again on Friday night.

Any thoughts?

Dave

I think these lines work well. Panzarella brought hustle and physical play on a level above Mitch. But can somebody have a couple of words with Luke?? And LaDue? What is it with Luke taking a stupid penalty every game? And LaDue - most of the time plays great but nearly cost the team the season - freshman mistakes I guess.

I thought to LaDue's credit that he turned in a solid third period after his giveaway late in the 2nd period. Wasn't his best weekend by any stretch, but I think he's got to be in the lineup and hopefully he'll learn to play the puck off the glass in those spots.

Dave

It appears that the NCHC is not selling single game tickets at this point. DO NOT LIKE. I'm trying to work in some appearances at the UND games around a wedding here...

You'll likely be able to get them on the street for a song. Street buyers beware. Single ticket for both games each day. Target Center allows folks to leave and re-enter between games. I suspect that that might involve a scan out/scan in procedure. There could be some trouble on re-entry. Perhaps. They sure as heck are not going to allow an unchecked re-entry.

You'll likely be able to get them on the street for a song. Street buyers beware. Single ticket for both games each day. Target Center allows folks to leave and re-enter between games. I suspect that that might involve a scan out/scan in procedure. There could be some trouble on re-entry. Perhaps. They sure as heck are not going to allow an unchecked re-entry.

Would guess that you get stamped with an invisible stamp like the did at the XCel, but you may still need your ticket stub.

And anyone want to weigh in on Keaton Thompson vs. Gage Ausmus playing on the blue line with Troy Stecher? My money's on Thompson, but I'm fine either way.

Dave

I'm fine with either, Ausmus brings the physical presence while Thompson brings more offensive upside and is a better puck mover. I think it would be fine if they keep going Friday with Ausmus and Saturday with Thompson although I think the coaches may look a little more at matchups and decide which style of play is more needed at this time of the season depending on the opponent.

Now we get to see how well WM and Miami fans travel. Distance is comparable to mine (Miami-50 miles more, WM-50 miles less). Get a bus, everyone get on at Chicago. CU all at the Hogg

at the west regional a couple of years ago western had a small base there, not enough to fill a corner section though. also und plays the late game fri

at the west regional a couple of years ago western had a small base there, not enough to fill a corner section though. also und plays the late game fri

Western Michigan is in the NCAA basketball tournament as well, so that could affect attendance to a small degree, but doubt there would have been many regardless.

The only reason this might bring some more Miami and Western Michigan fans is that this tournament isn't the CCHA-fest in Detroit. Perhaps because it's something new and different. I guess we'll find out on Friday, right?

While not a fan of the Target Center itself, I do think keeping the tournament in the same location year after year will hopefully give it a feel like St Paul and the WCHA Final Five.

at the west regional a couple of years ago western had a small base there, not enough to fill a corner section though.

Uh oh...we're in trouble if this was the regional in Grand Rapids at Van Andel...that's only a 45 minute drive from Kalamazoo.

I'm hoping for a large Sioux following at the first Friday game! Assuming the Sioux play the 2nd game?

Would be great, like at the final five when Sioux fans are at the early game, the two teams playing have somewhat quiet fans during the game, then there's a UND commercial on the big screen or Parise talks on it and the place is ten times louder than during the game that is being played!

This time of year is great!!!

Proud to be a Fighting Sioux fan!

The Sioux somehow have to find the level that they had against Denver and Duluth. Don't think we've seen that the last few weekends, and hopefully we won't be pointing at those games as their peaking point of the season.

win on fri and depending how things shake out across the country sat might just be for the icing on the cake.

Respectfully disagree. Anytime you can add a year to the "Playoff Championships" banner is a good thing - and in this case, it's a brand new banner!