SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

I just heard a rumor that there may be a divide in the locker room about Bubba. Apparently some players think that he doesn't follow up on what he says he is going to do. I am assuming that this is among some veteran players from the old regime, but it was the first I have heard of this. I won't divulge my source but close ties to a couple of players.

I've heard nothing but good things by people I trust. I know Bubba is pushing them all very hard, some people don't like to be pushed.

I was told some players are unhappy as he will promise them something and then not follow through. The player wouldn't really divulge anymore so the rest is speculation .

Please do a better job of fact gathering before bringing something like this to the public domain. Especially right before signing day.

Please do a better job of fact gathering before bringing something like this to the public domain. Especially right before signing day.

I have deleted it because of signing day, but it remains interesting. I would consider it a positive that players are keeping things with in the locker room. just thought maybe some other people may have heard similar things as I saw it come out of no where. I won't apologize for posting it however

I have deleted it because of signing day, but it remains interesting. I would consider it a positive that players are keeping things with in the locker room. just thought maybe some other people may have heard similar things as I saw it come out of no where. I won't apologize for posting it however

Not everyone can handle a new set of rules and a new direction, in which every coach and player is held to the same standard.  Those accustomed to special treatment and their own self interest will squeak, but this staff won't allow that person to get the grease.  Disappointing speculative post........  Every source I have says things are really really good with a little discussion point on individualizing position/player workouts based on needed areas of improvement, and that's something the staff isn't blind to, and players will always speculate about.

When turning a program around toes are always stepped on. People always have their own views on how things should go. Like I said, I've heard the people that matter are all in.

I would be shocked if there wasn't a veteran player that was unhappy. I am sure they look at the talent of some of the players coming into the program and they realize it might affect their playing time. Transition isn't going to make everyone happy. I have heard nothing but positive from my sources about what is going on within the program.

I have no sources and won't pretend too. I'm wondering what this has to do recruiting and why you put it here.

If you want to speculate, start a new thread and also put a name to it. Sounds line someone's feelings got hurt and they should probably address it internally instead of running to a message board to whine about it.

My opinion is move it to another thread or delete it out of the recruiting thread.

I have no sources and won't pretend too. I'm wondering what this has to do recruiting and why you put it here.

If you want to speculate, start a new thread and also put a name to it. Sounds line someone's feelings got hurt and they should probably address it internally instead of running to a message board to whine about it.

My opinion is move it to another thread or delete it out of the recruiting thread.

It has been deleted and I have dropped the subject. Didn't mean to throw off the thread, just was surprised to hear from the source I did.

Back to topic though, do we have anyone coming in this weekend?

I saw that too. Does anyone know what's up with this? Legitimate story? Dad was able to fork up enough to the journalist? It just smells wierd

I saw that too. Does anyone know what's up with this? Legitimate story? Dad was able to fork up enough to the journalist? It just smells wierd

This is my gut feeling as well.   No legit kid flys that far under the radar and we've all seen too many can't miss kids turn into flops.

This is my gut feeling as well.   No legit kid flys that far under the radar and we've all seen too many can't miss kids turn into flops.

The one thing I did notice is that he releases the ball at a very low angle. I feel like he would get half of his passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage. Seems to be good enough to at least get some offers though, something is off.

First, I don't think anything in recruiting can be a can't miss but I am surprised he hasn't got some offered from FCS or D2 schools.  I didn't watch his video but I would think he has to be good enough for someone to take a shot on him. 

The one thing I did notice is that he releases the ball at a very low angle. I feel like he would get half of his passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage. Seems to be good enough to at least get some offers though, something is off.

He may of dreamed big and alienated some of the FCS or mid level schools chasing him. Like everyone has said something doesn't fit.
  • Upvote 1

Trey Anderson is 10x the player and local. I'll pass on Jeff George Jr.

Kind of a crappy stat here (and I am not a negative Nancy) but only 16 players out of probably 120 could

muster a 3.2 GPA last semester?

Anyone else read that????

Not liking that statistic.....Have to do better than that....

Kind of a crappy stat here (and I am not a negative Nancy) but only 16 players out of probably 120 could

muster a 3.2 GPA last semester?

Anyone else read that????

Not liking that statistic.....Have to do better than that....

Once again. This is the RECRUITING thread. Find another thread.

Also they only had about 90 guys last fall, if that.

• Upvote 2