SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 Recruiting

Hambone

Heidlebaugh is a great athlete, one of the best in the state without a doubt. I actually haven't seen him through a fb, so I can't speak for his talents as a QB but on being a pure athlete he is a great pick up. He is 6'5 as well so lots of opportunity to grow in a college weight program. Could look back on him in a few years as a really really good pick up. If you get the chance check him out playing basketball this winter, he plays like a football player on the b-ball court kind of like Kleinsasser used too. Not comparing him to Jim by any means, but thats how he plays basketball......big time competitor. 

Another ND kid Anthony Olson just gave a verbal to Tommy Dosch at Northern State. Thought UND was maybe interested and really surprised he is not going to end up at either UND or NDSU. I kind of liked him better than Ty Brooks at South, but I guess that is why i'm not a college scout. He was Northern's first verbal so I'm guessing he might've gotten a pretty good offer and was probably one of their top targets. 

Refed a few of Heidlebaugh's games over the past couple years.  Throws a nice deep ball.  Good touch. Tough kid.  Great size.  He's going to have to get really study the game as he hasn't seen a whole lot of defenses with the teams he was going against.  Nice to get a local kid though.

Good character kid too.  Always nice to have.

He's on scholarship. I don't know if he'll be a quarterback or athlete (I think tight end maybe a good fit).

I feel a litte wierd saying too much about him, as I was his sports acceleration trainer when he was in junior high and his dad was my basketball coach. I will say he has a great attitude, effort is never an issue, and the kid LOVES sports. His mom would get mad at him for hanging around the wellness center too late when I was training.

He's on scholarship. I don't know if he'll be a quarterback or athlete (I think tight end maybe a good fit).

I feel a litte wierd saying too much about him, as I was his sports acceleration trainer when he was in junior high and his dad was my basketball coach. I will say he has a great attitude, effort is never an issue, and the kid LOVES sports. His mom would get mad at him for hanging around the wellness center too late when I was training.

Based on what I heard he will get a shot at QB first and WR will be his secondary position.

• Upvote 1

carson wentz called and he said to say bullshiiit

The best part of this is that his brother zach was a better athlete than him and probably even a better qb had he pursued it.  But on that note, get off this site and stop trying to troll people.  Worry about Moo U and how we are going to beat you in bball this weekend for the sweep in Fargo.