SiouxSports.com Forum

UND and the Big Sky could go FBS

SiouxVolley

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

Fact is you have been making wild predictions. Non of which included the WAC revelation of which you are now trying jump on that wagon to use as proof you were right and Some NDSU fans wrong. Your whole premise was on the NCAA making rule changes so the BSC could move up and it would be the only way NDSU could go FBS. 

You should be a politician as you tell so many whoppers you dont even realize your doing it and when you get caught you deny it.:lol:

So Big Sky schools  going FBS is a wild prediction, but somehow you consider NDSU getting an AAU vote in favor of it or NDSU getting a Big12 invite are not.  That tells anyone that you are a clueless troll that throws sausages around to gain favor, because your ideas are sausages to begin with.  

My whole premise was that Big Sky schools were strategically making FBS plans and it didn't matter how they got there, as there was a pathway known to them.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

If SV is right and Idaho's move to FCS/BSC is a ruse, NMSU's data and analysis yesterday is better than Idaho could've put out. Why?

Instead of coming out with "mea culpas" the Idaho president now can come out with something like, "In light of NMSU's recent analysis and our fans' and constituents' reactions to it, we are reconsidering our options ... " 

Boise St has said it will not play Idaho again, which puts a major dent into Idaho's ticket take.  No doubt Boise St is trying to put a stake through Idaho football politically and economically, just as NDSU has tried to do to UND football (conference affiliation and not scheduling H and H games).  With the fall game upcoming vs Montana St, that could change projections.  Idaho hasn't had many western FBS teams that will bring in fans to Moscow, except maybe Wyoming and Utah St.

A WAC FBS revival really needs two FBS teams to kick it off.

43 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

So Big Sky schools  going FBS is a wild prediction, but somehow you consider NDSU getting an AAU vote in favor of it or NDSU getting a Big12 invite are not.  That tells anyone that you are a clueless troll that throws sausages around to gain favor, because your ideas are sausages to begin with.  

My whole premise was that Big Sky schools were strategically making FBS plans and it didn't matter how they got there, as there was a pathway known to them.   

Show one post where Ive said that.  You are just making stuff up as you go along. Nice deflection. Again. Do you even know anymore when you arent telling the truth?

Sylvester.jpg

57 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Show one post where Ive said that.  You are just making stuff up as you go along. Nice deflection. Again. Do you even know anymore when you arent telling the truth?

Sylvester.jpg

On the AAU thread here, you defend Bresciani's vision for the near future as being reasonable and we don't know what's coming yet.

There is not a dissenting voice from you about how the bizon will get on Big12 invite on bozoville on the latest thread.

5 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Bizon trolls have been deranged by this thread and have been saying for more than a year and FBS Big Sky move can't happen.  But yet when it is revealed that the WAC can indeed make invitactions from FCS to FBS, which proved this thread more than legitimate, they are still in denial.

The bizon trolls always take the word of administrators at face value, as they always have taken Chapman and Bresciani at their word, and one should never do that.  The UAB president dropped football, and then intense pressure from students, alumni, and Birmingham not only brought it back, but gave it a new stadium.  UAH dropped hockey, but then it was resurrected after intense pressure.  Idaho may also be attempting to fake out the WAC schools, who may be opposed to any changes.  Stay tuned.

So this big NCAA rule change that you guaranteed was coming this summer isn't going to happen now? This rule change was just to allow BCS conference schools to make the move to FBS so now that they have this WAC avenue it is being scrapped? I didn't realize the BSC weilded that kind of power. Why didn't they just tell the !NCAA they wanted to move on their own. Why wait for Idaho to drop down? It sounds like the NCAA would have jumped at the demand of the powerful BSC.

51 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

So this big NCAA rule change that you guaranteed was coming this summer isn't going to happen now? This rule change was just to allow BCS conference schools to make the move to FBS so now that they have this WAC avenue it is being scrapped? I didn't realize the BSC weilded that kind of power. Why didn't they just tell the !NCAA they wanted to move on their own. Why wait for Idaho to drop down? It sounds like the NCAA would have jumped at the demand of the powerful BSC.

It already is a rule for the WAC and you and other bizon trolls are apparently are too dim witted to realize that.

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

I think the question in the west was answered when it was determined the WAC still has FBS football status.  I'm not sure who will take advantage but there will be a group of schools that capitalize on that.  With many people within FCS making mention of the conference gap from Idaho to the Dakotas is it a stretch to think it could happen?  With NMSU putting the numbers of what it costs to be FBS vs FCS is it a stretch some schools move up?   Montana had already publically stated it isn't financially a wise decision to stay FCS.  

I don't agree with everything SuiuxVolly has thrown out there but looking at the landscape of football in the west, preparing financially to go FBS if everything comes together is a wise move.   Either by being aggressive in trimming your athletic budget or asking for more student fees.  

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

It already is a rule for the WAC and you and other bizon trolls are apparently are too dim witted to realize that.

I am not saying it is not a rule the WAC can use. But you had rock solid information that this rule change was going to happen. Now all of a sudden it isn't necessary. Are you saying the people that were feeding you this info at the NCAA didn't know a rule change wasn't necessary? They found out from the Idaho report just like you did? Or was there never really going to be a rule change in the first place? 

13 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I think NMSU was realistic on tickets and guarantees. Their home schedule won't look the same and FCS teams don't get paid the guarantees that FBS teams get. 

I think they're fooling themselves if they don't think they'll take a hit on Donors. Maybe not immediately, but if they go anything under 8-4 in their first year in FCS the donors will punish them. 

What donors are they worried about? It looks like they get a litle over $500,000 between big donors and their clubs for supporters. They have a major problem with revenue in both FB ticket revenue and donations. 

9 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

On the AAU thread here, you defend Bresciani's vision for the near future as being reasonable and we don't know what's coming yet.

There is not a dissenting voice from you about how the bizon will get on Big12 invite on bozoville on the latest thread.

Of course I think it would be great if we were AAU. But common sense says we are a long way off. Nothing the matter with having a long term goal. Even if we dont make it we will be in a better position for trying and come up short.

For some reason you think by not replying on the B12th thread means I give tacit approval????? But I did reply---

I agree 56, we are in North Dakota man, we are never going to have resources like those in Illinois, Indiana, Missouri etc..so according to that logic we should expect Redbird or the Sycamore trees, or Penguins to be successful yet we made it, heck we did it for 5 years. So why not plan for the next level[/QUO

My reply----
How does that supposed logic---wait thats Your logic to expect the Redbirds and the trees etc to be successfull. How you got there is a mystery.

We arent going to the B12. Get used to it.

Again you come up short as usual.

7 hours ago, bison73 said:

Of course I think it would be great if we were AAU. But common sense says we are a long way off. Nothing the matter with having a long term goal. Even if we dont make it we will be in a better position for trying and come up short.

Closing the nano-research center and getting downgraded by Carnegie are two interesting steps to take to reach that goal.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

It appears the Gateway project at EWU is dead.  However, here's an article about the possibility of a whole new stadium to replace Roos Field, and a little bit about the possibility of moving up from FCS. http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/may/15/field-of-dreams-ewu-considers-farmers-land-for-new/

I can see them pandering to their fan base in the renditions of that new stadium with a red football field.  I believe that won't be allowed when they build the new field.  Small point, but I find that interesting.   

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Closing the nano-research center and getting downgraded by Carnegie are two interesting steps to take to reach that goal.

Yeah I couldnt understand that one either. Strange to say the least. Must be above my pay grade. LOL

I enjoyed the interesting perspective:

After the Eagles won the Football Championship Subdivision title in 2010 and Big Sky Conference titles in four of the last six years, the tailgating scene has dramatically increased and interest has never been higher.

Average attendance last year was 9,573, almost a thousand more than official capacity.

They're overjoyed at 9600.

What people here are failing to realize is that the NCAA FBS football community would be needed to approve the WAC's addition to the FBS.  They have not gotten involved much in single team move ups to existing conferences, but they would require an approval vote for the entire WAC addition and movement to the FBS enmass.    The FBS community would not look farvorably on a change of heart by Idaho (one of the weakest FBS members), and that community would definitely not look favorably on 8 other teams of Idaho's caliber tagging along.   A vote by the FBS community would certainly be NO.   The WAC rule suggestion is a mute point, it's not happening, it would not be supported by the NCAA and the FBS community.

1 hour ago, nodakvindy said:

What do the current WAC schools get for creating a FBS league that the would then be kicked out of?  Will they get a share of the FBS riches for making this happen?

Seattle, GCU, UVU, and Bake will get an FCS Big Sky slots, along with Dixie St and Azusa Pacific.

UMKC might be able to stay in an FBS league w/o football and host a bb tournament which was supposedly promised them.  They didn't want to be in the Slummit, as traveling in the WAC was more enticing.

UTRGV and Chicago St got a conference to play in.  UTRGV also can play in the Big Sky for football if it doesn't get a Southland slot.

10 minutes ago, Herd said:

What people here are failing to realize is that the NCAA FBS football community would be needed to approve the WAC's addition to the FBS.  They have not gotten involved much in single team move ups to existing conferences, but they would require an approval vote for the entire WAC addition and movement to the FBS enmass.    The FBS community would not look farvorably on a change of heart by Idaho (one of the weakest FBS members), and that community would definitely not look favorably on 8 other teams of Idaho's caliber tagging along.   A vote by the FBS community would certainly be NO.   The WAC rule suggestion is a mute point, it's not happening, it would not be supported by the NCAA and the FBS community.

The western FBS conferences would not be as apposed to it as you imply.   If the push continues to be strength of schedule for the postseason, they need more options than the MWC.  

11 minutes ago, Herd said:

If a league has eight FBS teams that are fully transitioned and are full members, the NCAA will declare it an FBS league.  Pretty simple, but not to someone who has never read the NCAA manual.

A new FBS  league wouldn't get a cut of the CFP though, as that contract is negotiated with the FBS leagues and not the NCAA.  A renegotiated contract is upcoming in the mid 2020's.  That may be bigger money for G5's than now.

35 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

If a league has eight FBS teams that are fully transitioned and are full members, the NCAA will declare it an FBS league.  Pretty simple, but not to someone who has never read the NCAA manual.

A new FBS  league wouldn't get a cut of the CFP though, as that contract is negotiated with the FBS leagues and not the NCAA.  A renegotiated contract is upcoming in the mid 2020's.  That may be bigger money for G5's than now.

Why wasn't the CAA allowed to move up enmass?   Why would anyone really view the WAC, a vacated FBS conference any differently than the CAA situation?  The WAC's situation is weak, no better than the CAA's previously.  What's the difference between this move and 8 CAA members declaring for FBS and moving.  Idaho?  Like Idaho really matters.    If I'm a P5 team in any league, this has the thumbs down.   Idaho is finally back to where it belongs . . . If I'm a P5 member, I'd prefer keeping it that way.  And if I'm Umass, ODU and the CAA, I'm on the NCAA's doorstep with a lawsuit at first wind of this.

As for the P5's needing more G5's, no they don't.  They can get cheaper games if these schools remain in the FCS.

49 minutes ago, Herd said:

Why wasn't the CAA allowed to move up enmass?   Why would anyone really view the WAC, a vacated FBS conference any differently than the CAA situation?  The WAC's situation is weak, no better than the CAA's previously.  What's the difference between this move and 8 CAA members declaring for FBS and moving.  Idaho?  Like Idaho really matters.    If I'm a P5 team in any league, this has the thumbs down.   Idaho is finally back to where it belongs . . . If I'm a P5 member, I'd prefer keeping it that way.  And if I'm Umass, ODU and the CAA, I'm on the NCAA's doorstep with a lawsuit at first wind of this.

As for the P5's needing more G5's, no they don't.  They can get cheaper games if these schools remain in the FCS.

again, if strength of schedule gets pushed further for post season play, you will see more schools/conferences follow the Big 10 and not schedule FCS.  The money involved in the post season is too great.  

1 hour ago, Herd said:

CAA teams never were invited to the WAC and control assume control of the WAC'scout invite mechanisms.  NMSU, Seattle, and formerly Idaho and Denver were in control and could have invited a whole conference.  WAC Commissioner Hurd, who is from Minot originally, said an FCS conference from the Midwest wanted to merge with the WAC and make a bunch of its schools FBS. But those schools would then kick out Idaho and Seattle, so they put the kabosh to any merger and the MVC is FCS to this day.

1 hour ago, Herd said:

Was the CAA ever an FBS conference?