SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UMD Bulldogs

AZSIOUX

Unfortunately, you're out of luck in Denver. Schell's only distributes to Minnesota, the Dakotas, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. I stock up everytime I go visit family in Minnesota....

So basically if I ever have to move it's going to have to be one of those states...

Sandelin has a 217-210-58 record and has made a whopping 4 NCAA tournaments in his ten years as head coach. You can fight all you want about the Sioux having more talented players during that time, but that's not a trade I would make for 1 national championship. I can only imagine how unbearable SiouxSports and the game chats would be if the Sioux only made the tournament once every few years.

I see there is no internet video for either game this weekend. I would like to be wrong on this, but I cannot find any info on that happening. I also have a question regarding the magical appearance of a NCHC matchup on a Fox Sports station. We were told that that could not happen due to the NCHC "agreement" with CBS Sports Network. My only guess is that this is considered a "local" or "Regional" Fox Sports station similar to Root Sports, so it is allowed. I am not sure how that can be the case because you can get these Fox Sports stations on satellite such as Direct TV, so to me that makes it nationally available.

I see there is no internet video for either game this weekend. I would like to be wrong on this, but I cannot find any info on that happening. I also have a question regarding the magical appearance of a NCHC matchup on a Fox Sports station. We were told that that could not happen due to the NCHC "agreement" with CBS Sports Network. My only guess is that this is considered a "local" or "Regional" Fox Sports station similar to Root Sports, so it is allowed. I am not sure how that can be the case because you can get these Fox Sports stations on satellite such as Direct TV, so to me that makes it nationally available.

Duluth uses American ONE Sports; you can purchase the video feed from them.

The games are available on americaonesports.com for $8 per game. America One Sports is the video provider for UMD.

The regional Fox Sports stations like Fox Sports North are considered regional networks. They are not available on cable systems outside their region. That is the best way to define regional versus national. CBS Sports, Fox College Sports and other national networks are available on a variety of cable systems around the country, regional networks only available on cable systems in their region.

So I hate to interrupt all of the coach bashing, but I heard there was a game this weekend. Anyone got any predictions for the game?

I was surprised that UMD is below .500 in their shiny, new building. Makes me think the home-ice advantage isn't much to worry about as I'm sure UND fans(including myself) will show up in droves. I'd like a win on Friday night to put my mind at ease then see what happens from there. Maybe a win and tie would be a decent showing for the pairwise.

I really wish the 'dogs could have pulled out a win at Cloud last weekend - they will be even more hungry this weekend as a result. I feel UND has the edge talent-wise and the venue does not concern me as UND's road record in February in recent years is solid.

2-2 tie, resulting in a shootout loss on Friday night

4-1 UND win on Saturday night - I'm predicting a big night out of the GFC kids in the lineup the same night GFC wins a state title over Bismarck back at the Ralph.