SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey Tournament

darell1976

Ask a lot of players over the years from Minot about that. We were tied with Central 1-1 in the third period when they had a little freshman named Phil in the net. Two turnovers.....two goals. We choked too.

Long time coming for Minot.

phil wouldn't have been a freshman in 2005.

what has happened is some ring leaders in town made the supras and blues quit

they want it all park board

this is the effects

Didn't USA Hockey decide that they only wanted 1 affiliate in town? They didn't want to keep dealing with multiple groups in different towns. Being affiliated with USA Hockey is pretty important. I'm pretty sure that's why they put all of hockey under the Park Board.

Didn't USA Hockey decide that they only wanted 1 affiliate in town? They didn't want to keep dealing with multiple groups in different towns. Being affiliated with USA Hockey is pretty important. I'm pretty sure that's why they put all of hockey under the Park Board.

Fire USA Hockey

It had nothing to do with the Blues/Supras...that just happened 2 years ago now. The reason they shut the doors was because of USA Hockey rules and couldn't get insurance. It's an ok thing though...the Blues had 1 team per age and the Supras had 2 teams, not enough for everyone.

RR is down this year and The west just has some players but like someone said if Christian and Benson were there it would have been different but that's all over....Fargo's missing Mari and at least 4-5 others. Bismarck will be hard to beat as they've got a Mandan kid and Dickinson kid they imported plus maybe 8 seniors. Kids are leaving. Hard to believe Johnson lasted until his senior year.

It had nothing to do with the Blues/Supras...that just happened 2 years ago now. The reason they shut the doors was because of USA Hockey rules and couldn't get insurance. It's an ok thing though...the Blues had 1 team per age and the Supras had 2 teams, not enough for everyone.

RR is down this year and The west just has some players but like someone said if Christian and Benson were there it would have been different but that's all over....Fargo's missing Mari and at least 4-5 others. Bismarck will be hard to beat as they've got a Mandan kid and Dickinson kid they imported plus maybe 8 seniors. Kids are leaving. Hard to believe Johnson lasted until his senior year.

Bismarck also has a kid from Colorado who stayed in town after being cut from the Bobcats. Bismarck is getting to be the Warroad of North Dakota.

Ask a lot of players over the years from Minot about that. We were tied with Central 1-1 in the third period when they had a little freshman named Phil in the net. Two turnovers.....two goals. We choked too.

Long time coming for Minot.

Phil left after the '01 season (his soph year) for Lincoln .....???

Phil left after the '01 season (his soph year) for Lincoln ..... ???

Wilbur already explained. He was talking in general about how Minot has choked over the years, and you could ask a lot of players from a lot of different Minot teams about choking.

Then, he went into his personal experience from 2000 when Minot was playing Central with Phil as their goalie (and Wilbur as Minot's goalie, IIRC).

I'm very happy for Minot. Hopefully they can keep the magic alive for at least one more night.

• Upvote 1

That's what happened with the Mandan kid I think!

Yep his name is Tre Kautzman. Played for Alexandria and wasn't getting enough ice time so quit. His uncle has a residence in Bismarck so that is how he is able to play for them since he couldn't go back to Mandan. Peluso has him playing more disciplined as he was in the box often for Mandan. He just happened to have a hatty last night.

I coached a AAA summer team 8 years ago and 4 of the Minot kids were on it and 3 Bismarck kids. One reason I would love to see both teams in the championship game.

I believe he is talking about recruiting which Warroad does often.

I heard that they changed the enrollment rules for students so that kids wouldn't transfer just to play on a particular team. A kid can transfer to a different school, but then are ineligible to play athletics for that school. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I heard that they changed the enrollment rules for students so that kids wouldn't transfer just to play on a particular team. The rule is a kid can transfer to a different school, but then are ineligible to play athletics for that school. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Warroad gets kids and give a parent a job at Marvin Windows. Been going on for years.

Wilbur already explained. He was talking in general about how Minot has choked over the years, and you could ask a lot of players from a lot of different Minot teams about choking.

Then, he went into his personal experience from 2000 when Minot was playing Central with Phil as their goalie (and Wilbur as Minot's goalie, IIRC).

I'm very happy for Minot. Hopefully they can keep the magic alive for at least one more night.

Thanks for helping to explain. Yes, I got outplayed by a little French Canadian freshman named Phil.... :lol:

On a side note, that was when the tournament was still at the old Ralph, and Central's student section was EPIC. Wish the crowds were close to what they used to be.