SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring time for Bubba and UND

geaux_sioux

Heck let's try to get both of the Tennessee players that left the team, OL and the WR..

Dallas is also suppose to be a dynamic kick returner too. A good kick returner in the SEC in the Big Sky could be a great deal for us.

The Gophers improved but they still sucked. 8-5, 4-4 in a down year for the Big Ten. 50% of BCS teams go to a Bowl Game. They had 2 wins vs teams with winning records and that includes a win over a bad Western Illinois team. High school rankings are silly. Tim Brewsters teams according to the experts at rivals had a top 20 recruiting class! :rofl:

Not saying he's going to be a bad player. I'm saying to expect him to be an NFL guy is silly

Long shot, yes, it is for anyone, even the ones who play for the best FBS teams. "Silly," no. Any player on any Division 1 football team has a good chance of getting noticed by NFL scouts if they stand out. If Hinojosa thinks he can stand out with his performance, there is nobody stopping him.

Not saying we have a chance or anything but Tennessee has a receiver that might be looking at dropping down. Based on the losses at the position might be worth a look. Maurice is also following him on twitter and vice versa.

http://m.govolsxtra....essee-football/

UND is in fact talking to this individual. Whether or not anything pans out I don't know.

So anyone able to confirm or deny that Aeron Carr is leaving? I really hope he doesn't but like I have said before it would not be a shock.

As of right now Carr is still with the team based on what I've heard. That, of course, could change.

report from the club is he is gone

we hope we are wrong though

As of right now Carr is still with the team based on what I've heard. That, of course, could change.

Well Hambone's never been one to provide reliable info, so I'm gonna have to trust gfhockey on this one.......

;)

• Upvote 3

In Bubba I trust

Overheard this conversation over the weekend. Bison fan talking about upcoming seasons to someone who knows Bubba. Person in the know asks Bison fan about how he thinks Sioux will do. Bison fan says Sioux aren't even on the radar they are so bad. Person in the know says just a matter of time before Bubba turns things around. Bison fan changes topic. Bison fan is very vocal so this shows what we all know - Bubba will turn this thing around and glory days are ahead!

In Bubba I trust

Overheard this conversation over the weekend. Bison fan talking about upcoming seasons to someone who knows Bubba. Person in the know asks Bison fan about how he thinks Sioux will do. Bison fan says Sioux aren't even on the radar they are so bad. Person in the know says just a matter of time before Bubba turns things around. Bison fan changes topic.

Once UND can win "key" games (UM, MSU, EWU, CP) especially on the road then teams will take us seriously. If we continue to struggle against bottom teams (ISU, UNC, WSU) no one will put us on the radar.

We're not that bad. We do have a ton of improving to do though. We'll be competitive next year.

From what I've read on Gopher Hole, it sounds like the kid we got from Minnesota could be a real difference maker on defense the next three seasons. Could be a great get.

In light of the NFL draft, let it be known that the Big Sky Conference has a history of producing NFL players if you play at a high level. That means Hinojosa will have an opportunity to make it to the next level if he performs well. Something all potential FBS drop downs should consider if they're thinking about going FCS and which school to go to. The Big Sky can get it done for you.

NDSU has shown you can jump up from D2 and be a back up safety on a very good FCS Missouri Valley FC team and get a shot at the NFL. I wonder how many back ups at the FCS level get a FA contract on an NFL team?

From what I've read on Gopher Hole, it sounds like the kid we got from Minnesota could be a real difference maker on defense the next three seasons. Could be a great get.

I honestly expect great things from him. Talent-wise, he may be the best d-lineman we've had since going DI. Hopefully everything falls together just right.

I just watched some highlights and it looks as though this kid can drop the hammer. It appears Bubba is living up to his word about always recruiting.

This kid was the one who was also here when Hinojosa and Tillman were here. Very nice pickup.

This kid was the one who was also here when Hinojosa and Tillman were here. Very nice pickup.

Am I may be wrong about this but it seems as though we are going to have a surplus at outside LB and be short at inside LB. Am I missing something?

Am I may be wrong about this but it seems as though we are going to have a surplus at outside LB and be short at inside LB. Am I missing something?

I believe he will be playing ILB for us.

Also, he did have an offer from Stony Brook according to SFI.

At ILB we have Norberg and Rattelle and Peters. Apparently add Bakker in there. I think Peters is going to be pushed by Bakker and Norberg.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have an idea as to how many guys stuck around for the summer?

Not sure about the current players that stuck around, but a lot of the freshman/transfers I believe are in Grand Forks already. The ones I know are:

• Dylan Harmston
  • Dev Ferguson
  • Reid Taubenheim
  • Drew Greeley
  • Tank Harris
  • Tahje Hartley
  • Chris Carter
  • Brandon Walker
  • Luke Fiedler
  • Cedric Simmons
  • Colton Boas
  • Dylan Bakker
  • Demon Taylor

Also, it appears that they are playing 7 on 7 a lot and the QB's are there, so it would appear that a decent group is there.