SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Bemidji State - Friday

AZSIOUX

Some thoughts:

~They controlled the entire game, but got lucky as hell that Illo didn't score in overtime there.....lucky bounce.

~Have to find ways to score. Plenty of chances to put BSU away, but didn't.

~I'll give credit to Walsh. Might have been the best game he's played in his college career. But sick of watching goalies get the best of UND.

~Zane was pretty good again. The one goal came off a bad play by Pattyn and Ausmus.

Unbeaten streak now to 8 games, but a huge huge game tomorrow night in Grand Forks.

Some thoughts:

~They controlled the entire game, but got lucky as hell that Illo didn't score in overtime there.....lucky bounce.

~Have to find ways to score. Plenty of chances to put BSU away, but didn't.

~I'll give credit to Walsh. Might have been the best game he's played in his college career. But sick of watching goalies get the best of UND.

~Zane was pretty good again. The one goal came off a bad play by Pattyn and Ausmus.

Unbeaten streak now to 8 games, but a huge huge game tomorrow night in Grand Forks.

Was wondering who that forward was and never did see a number, Pattyn really put Ausmus in a tough spot on that one and there wasn't much for him to do with the puck there. Agree with everything you said and think Zane might have been a little surprised on the goal and was thinking the BSU player was gonna make some kind of move with the puck and instead he just snapped the shot off right away

Yeah it is. The season doesn't end tomorrow and as mentioned, these ratings are volatile as hell. We do well the rest of the season and we'll be a tournament team whether we win in Minneapolis or not.

As to your very last comment I'll disagree.... I'll go out on a limb and say UND will win tonight...for sure. So that is 8-0-1 in last 9 and still sitting at 18+/- in Pairwise come midnight. This team can not sustain winning without offense as they rarely play a full 60, last night they did though, and goaltending has been suspect at times. Their out of conference record and that of the NCHC overall won't help them much at all the rest of the season...period.

Last night's overall play was another step forward but to think this team can come anywhere close to getting to 12-13 in the Pairwise prior to the NCHC tournament is a big stretch.

BSU was able to hold UND to the perimeter. It was the best game I've seen Walsh play, but he didn't have to stand on his head - he was just very well positioned for the perimeter shots. Most shots he had good looks.

No question the Sioux controlled play about 70% of the time with BSU having a good second period. It was frustrating watching the Sioux control play but not being able finish.

If u guys think theres something wrong with und tieing bemidji u can get out!

All hail hakstol

18thIn in the pairwise is ba!

The problem with the rest of us, gf, is that we don't hold ourselves and others to high standards like you do.

BSU was able to hold UND to the perimeter. It was the best game I've seen Walsh play, but he didn't have to stand on his head - he was just very well positioned for the perimeter shots. Most shots he had good looks.

No question the Sioux controlled play about 70% of the time with BSU having a good second period. It was frustrating watching the Sioux control play but not being able finish.

Haha this made me laugh.

With how much the PWR fluctuates week to week, nothing is a certainty as of yet.

According to Jim's PWR forecast post, 1 win this weekend (if UND can win tomorrow) puts UND around 19-20 in the PWR rankings.

Hardly out of the picture entirely. Still 2 months worth of games to be played, lots can happen.

So 2 months of "hot" goalies:/

As to your very last comment I'll disagree.... I'll go out on a limb and say UND will win tonight...for sure. So that is 8-0-1 in last 9 and still sitting at 18+/- in Pairwise come midnight. This team can not sustain winning without offense as they rarely play a full 60, last night they did though, and goaltending has been suspect at times. Their out of conference record and that of the NCHC overall won't help them much at all the rest of the season...period.

Last night's overall play was another step forward but to think this team can come anywhere close to getting to 12-13 in the Pairwise prior to the NCHC tournament is a big stretch.

At 19 this morning.