SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @/vs. Bemidji State

AZSIOUX

CHN does not appear to be using the new formula yet. USCHO, Reilly Hamilton (on the USCHO forums), and I arrived at pretty much identical (Reilly has one slight difference) tables through independent development based on the NCAA's memo. It's possible that we all misinterpreted something, but USCHO generally has reasonably good connections to the committee, which increases my confidence.

They never sell out unless the Sioux are there. The last Sioux game there I had a 70?? Year old guy in front of me get carded for buying a beer! Then my turn and I asked if he thought he needed to card that old guy, he said "we are suppose to card everyone" Where has common sense gone?

I'm assuming they card everyone so they can look at the back and see if they're are any restrictions. My mom is over 60 and got carded at TGI Fridays but the server immediatley looked at the back of the card and clearly wasn't checking the age.

They don't usually sell out? If not, that surprises me.

The first year of the Sanford/WCHA, most games were full. Year two, only the Gopher series was full and decent (maybe 3/4 full) crowds for DU, UNO, SCSU and UMD. This year, it's about 1/2 full for the likes of Lake Superior, Alaska, Mankato, etc. It get's very stale in the building for a lot of series with light crowds and there hasn't been much to cheer about lately on home ice.

In my opinion, it's a higher end version of the Scheel Arena. I like it. I got a tour when it opened and it's got a lot of amenities.

Any idea how the ice quality is in comparison to the old arena? I played there once in high school, and it was the softest, most miserable ice I've ever played on. I always felt bad for the boys when they had to play there.

Any idea how the ice quality is in comparison to the old arena? I played there once in high school, and it was the softest, most miserable ice I've ever played on. I always felt bad for the boys when they had to play there.

Ice is still soft. High school used to play there and complained about the ice - same as other teams.

Define "played." The tires the team throws on the ice for practice just to skate around don't get to claim they played, do they? :lol:

snapback.pngjimdahl, on 13 January 2014 - 01:23 PM, said:

CHN does not appear to be using the new formula yet. USCHO, Reilly Hamilton (on the USCHO forums), and I arrived at pretty much identical (Reilly has one slight difference) tables through independent development based on the NCAA's memo. It's possible that we all misinterpreted something, but USCHO generally has reasonably good connections to the committee, which increases my confidence.

Thanks!

You guys have any idea why USCHO and CHN have two different PWR rankings? USCHO says t19 for UND and CHN says 15... I vote for 15 :lol:

http://www.collegeho...gs/ncaapwcr.php

http://www.uscho.com...nkings/d-i-men/

If it really is the case that CHN has not updated for the new rankings, I wish it was still the old way. We'd be T-14 rather than T-19! I thought someone said the new way wouldn't make a huge difference but it appears that it does, at least in our case.

If it really is the case that CHN has not updated for the new rankings, I wish it was still the old way. We'd be T-14 rather than T-19! I thought someone said the new way wouldn't make a huge difference but it appears that it does, at least in our case.

They are updated as they are showing the new category if you look at the chart, but the "Quality Win Bonus" is just not calculated into the RPI if I'm reading the footnotes right.

Define "played." The tires the team throws on the ice for practice just to skate around don't get to claim they played, do they? :lol:

Hey, I actually played against the crappy teams (which included Bemidji). Though I was quite a phenomenal bench door opener against teams like Warroad and Hibbing.

At least I didn't quit hockey after 4th grade. :)