SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Pairwise rankings

jimdahl

To clarify, then bracket I described can happen...AND it would be epic!

The NCAA doesn't want conference opponents facing off in the first round... I believe it wouldn't happen unless the B1G had 5 or more entries in the tourney. The one year that DU and Wisconsin faced off in the NCAA Tourney, I think the WCHA had 5 or 6 teams make the tourney.

The NCAA doesn't want conference opponents facing off in the first round... I believe it wouldn't happen unless the B1G had 5 or more entries in the tourney. The one year that DU and Wisconsin faced off in the NCAA Tourney, I think the WCHA had 5 or 6 teams make the tourney.

What I am describing is

1 seed MN playing team X

2 seed UW playing 3 seed UND

No intraconference issues here

Good chance teams like North Dakota and/or Wisconsin has a better chance heading to Cincinnati for attendance purposes since they travel better than most. The Gophers will insure there are no attendance problems in the Twin Cities.

Actually they have gone out of their way to set up these very matchups....what they don't want is 2005 again.

UND/Minny(had yale not got inthe way) 2013

Union/QU 2013

UNH/UMass-Lowell 2013

UND/Minny 2012

UND/Denver 2011

Miami/Michigan 2010

Wisc/SCSU 2010

UNH/BU 2009

UND/Wisc 2008

UND/Minny 2007

Just to name a few

Actually they have gone out of their way to set up these very matchups....what they don't want is 2005 again.

This is dead on. As long as there are at least three teams from one conference in the tourney two of those teams will be in the same regional.

The committee definitely tries to avoid creating the potential that more than two teams make the FF from one conference.

The only way a conference will be represented in three regionals is if that conference gets five or more teams in the tourney.