SiouxSports.com Forum

Hammerisms

sprig

Sorry hammer still sucks imo

Not only for his horrendous hockey knowledge but for years and years of terrible godawful sports radio, and other ventures he failed so miserably at .

Just my opinion but I don't like pathetic failure associated with the team or tradition of excellence.

Bring back Sweeney

He's our Sweeney and Sweeney is Sioux hockey

Sorry hammer still sucks imo

Not only for his horrendous hockey knowledge but for years and years of terrible godawful sports radio, and other ventures he failed so miserably at .

Just my opinion but I don't like pathetic failure associated with the team or tradition of excellence.

Bring back Sweeney

He's our Sweeney and Sweeney is Sioux hockey

If his career was/is so awful why does he keep getting bigger and better jobs?

No sorry! You've made it clear only total perfection is expected for this program. This is not perfection +++ SWEENEY=FAILURE!

Can't have it both ways.

IMG_8838.jpg

Did you see that game ....that may be a true stat of how many times they !@#$ the bed on offensive chances !

Btw......... :). Thats a joke, ....not a trolling gfhokey thing

So, he made a mistake...big deal! The news here had that "achool" was closed one day instead of a school. It happens especially when you are typing as fast as they do to put it on the screen.

Hammer doesn't seem to get that same break - in fact a good part of this entire thread bitches about him making very small mistakes too. My point is if you're going to SH*T (notice how I brought it back to the original post there :) ) all over Hammer for the smallest of things because these guys are representing the "best, most storied college hockey program in the US" - you also have to acknowledge the person some consider the TV GOD of UND Hockey also isn't perfect - and never was and made WWAAAYYYY TOO MANY bad pun/old TV references that you all forget...so put that in your pipe and smoke it!

The OTHER POINT is Sweeney is a UND media figure now in THE PAST and will never return as long as Midco has the contract- period. He had a shot and they decided to go in a different direction - end of story! Holy crap - anyone ever watch UND Sports Extra or the Hakstol show during the week? If not, I suggest you look them up. Hammer does a TON of work to help produce 2 quality 30 minute sports shows a week before he ever begins prepping for the upcoming live broadcasts - and that's not easy. Anyone who thinks he's not working his ass off to represent UND is a positive and proactive way has NO IDEA at all what it takes to pull this off - also PERIOD. (Yeah - I'm looking RIGHT AT YOU f4s :glare:)

rant over

• Upvote 2

Hammer doesn't seem to get that same break - in fact a good part of this entire thread bitches about him making very small mistakes too. My point is if you're going to SH*T (notice how I brought it back to the original post there :) ) all over Hammer for the smallest of things because these guys are representing the "best, most storied college hockey program in the US" - you also have to acknowledge the person some consider the TV GOD of UND Hockey also isn't perfect - and never was and made WWAAAYYYY TOO MANY bad pun/old TV references that you all forget...so put that in your pipe and smoke it!

The OTHER POINT is Sweeney is a UND media figure now in THE PAST and will never return as long as Midco has the contract- period. He had a shot and they decided to go in a different direction - end of story! Holy crap - anyone ever watch UND Sports Extra or the Hakstol show during the week? If not, I suggest you look them up. Hammer does a TON of work to help produce 2 quality 30 minute sports shows a week before he ever begins prepping for the upcoming live broadcasts - and that's not easy. Anyone who thinks he's not working his ass off to represent UND is a positive and proactive way has NO IDEA at all what it takes to pull this off - also PERIOD. (Yeah - I'm looking RIGHT AT YOU f4s :glare:)

rant over

Maybe it is simply many of us just do not like his style.

Did you see that game ....that may be a true stat of how many times they !@#$ the bed on offensive chances !

Btw......... :). Thats a joke, ....not a trolling gfhokey thing

Naw, that's just proof that UND actually gave more than two sh*ts about the game!

rant over

Thanks for the input Dan. ;)

But a hamster works real hard too...doesn't mean it knows what it's doing either.

Glarey McGlaring slightly less menacingly Glare. :{)

Maybe it is simply many of us just do not like his style.

all I'm saying is get used to it and quit this stupid "I'm an idiot living in my parents basement at 35 bitching about EVERYTHING because it's the internet" attitude! THAT'S WHY BISONVILLE EXISTS! :silly:

Seriously, Midco doesn't give 2 SH*TS (DING DING!!! :lol: - HOME AGAIN) about facebook or twitter hashtags or ss.com posters to be totally honest. Hammer is the TV guy now - deal with it. You might have a positive impact and be able to effect real change if you just quit this cry-baby negative complaining and whining and suggest ideas or features he might do or positive ways to make coverage better. Know a player who's going to be in town or know a good story? They'd love to hear about it!

Here's another thought! Midco showed their commitment going full HD in year 2 of their contract when they didn't have to technically until year 3 - with a multi-million dollar investment in a new truck - what does that say? Sweeneys' company wouldn't even pay $8000 to get the pay for a penalty clock for the first 10 YEARS they had the broadcast! They could have sold the rights to that for 10X that amount in a few years but they wouldn't FRONT the money to pay for it...what does that tell you about them? I'll say it....losers

Thanks for the input Dan. ;)

But a hamster works real hard too...doesn't mean it knows what it's doing either.

Glarey McGlaring slightly less menacingly Glare. :{)

I'm not Dan but nice to finally meet you PAT! :whistling: Apparently you have a lot more time on your hands these days to rally your 100 facebook friends - hows that social networking effort going? :lol: :lol:

:whistling: Whistling Dixie although my name is not DIXIE - in your face :hypocrite:

all I'm saying is get used to it and quit this stupid "I'm an idiot living in my parents basement at 35 bitching about EVERYTHING because it's the internet" attitude! THAT'S WHY BISONVILLE EXISTS! :silly:

Seriously, Midco doesn't give 2 SH*TS (DING DING!!! :lol: - HOME AGAIN) about facebook or twitter hashtags or ss.com posters to be totally honest. Hammer is the TV guy now - deal with it. You might have a positive impact and be able to effect real change if you just quit this cry-baby negative complaining and whining and suggest ideas or features he might do or positive ways to make coverage better. Know a player who's going to be in town or know a good story? They'd love to hear about it!

Here's another thought! Midco showed their commitment going full HD in year 2 of their contract when they didn't have to technically until year 3 - with a multi-million dollar investment in a new truck - what does that say? Sweeneys' company wouldn't even pay $8000 to get the pay for a penalty clock for the first 10 YEARS they had the broadcast! They could have sold the rights to that for 10X that amount in a few years but they wouldn't FRONT the money to pay for it...what does that tell you about them? I'll say it....losers

"Seriously, Midco doesn't give 2 SH*TS ("

having been a customer of Midco for many years we definitely agree on this!!

They've proven that again and again and again.

I've encountered that attitude from many of their other employees too.

"all I'm saying is get used to it and quit this stupid "I'm an idiot living in my parents basement at 35 bitching about EVERYTHING because it's the internet" attitude!" you are yelling at this guy for bitching about Hammer, yet you bitch about WDAZ not having a penalty clock for 10 yrs, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black!

You really have no Idea what stuff costs do you? Midco is a PAY FOR SERVICE PROVIDER, while WDAZ is an OVER THE AIR PROVIDER who relies on advertisers to pay the bills. Have you ever noticed that there are not that many ads in the hockey games or the other sports they air? That's because they don't care about advertising dollars, they care about subscribers! Those subscribers will offset any losses they occur during the hockey deal. If Midco operated the same way WDAZ did (no paid subcribers and use only advertising) they would be losing money hand over fist with all the upgrades they have been doing, and that's fact!

Hammer sucks, Sweeny sucks. I want Doc Emeric, an island of Costa Rica, a fairy godmother, and a toy poodle that poops gold.

Seriously I don't care for the announcing as the play by play guys (Hammer and Sweeny) are usually way off the mark anyway. As much as I love Kober being a former player and all, I don't think he is a good fit, but improving. Some of the repetitive stories get a little old, but I can always watch the game rather than listening to the announcers. As long as I get to hear we had a circle of sticks they can have Bert & Ernie on the program.

Hammer sucks, Sweeny sucks. I want Doc Emeric, an island of Costa Rica, a fairy godmother, and a toy poodle that poops gold.

Seriously I don't care for the announcing as the play by play guys (Hammer and Sweeny) are usually way off the mark anyway. As much as I love Kober being a former player and all, I don't think he is a good fit, but improving. Some of the repetitive stories get a little old, but I can always watch the game rather than listening to the announcers. As long as I get to hear we had a circle of sticks they can have Bert & Ernie on the program.

Whatever happens, the traditional circle of sticks has to stay from here on out.

• Upvote 1

Exactly! There was a time not all that long ago where the only means I had to check on Sioux hockey was to call the radio station after the game. Then came the internet and I thought how great that was to be able to listen to the games. To be able to get the games on Midco is fantastic and be able to see the Dave Hasktol show is a bonus. Some people need to complain for the sake of complaining and ramble on about meaningless things such as "a program that is as successful as the Story of Sioux hockey...blah..blah..blah". I stand behind that I feel fortunate to be able to watch Sioux hockey on Mido regardless of commentators.....maybe not bert and ernie unless they included the cookie monster!!!!! I know enough about hockey that I do not need it explained to me.

• Upvote 2

Exactly! There was a time not all that long ago where the only means I had to check on Sioux hockey was to call the radio station after the game. Then came the internet and I thought how great that was to be able to listen to the games. To be able to get the games on Midco is fantastic and be able to see the Dave Hasktol show is a bonus. Some people need to complain for the sake of complaining and ramble on about meaningless things such as "a program that is as successful as the Story of Sioux hockey...blah..blah..blah". I stand behind that I feel fortunate to be able to watch Sioux hockey on Mido regardless of commentators.....maybe not bert and ernie unless they included the cookie monster!!!!! I know enough about hockey that I do not need it explained to me.

Cookie Monster between the benchs would be epic as the young kids say. Of course in the tradition of Kermit the frog maybe characters from the Muppets would be more appropriate :)

rant over

You are posting in a thread that is using sarcasm to make fun of Hammer or that was the original intent. Also, if you care to look, my previous post was the first post in this thread. I never said that Hammer shouldn't get the same break or that he doesn't work hard. Sweeney worked incredibly hard when he was our tv guy and Hammer does as well. My point being people make mistakes and I really don't give a rat's a$$ if it is Sweeney or Hammer, people need to get over it and get out of their glass houses.