SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ BU - Friday

AZSIOUX

I keep tuning in hoping for a different result, and what keeps happening is that I end up turning off the TV because we are so bad and so not playing fighting sioux hockey this year...i have never been this disappointed with the performances. I actually let my son change the game to the Gopher Bulldog game.

This team has zero team offense. It is a coaching embarrassment. I don't get to fire Dave and his merry men, but I can stop watching.

• Upvote 2

I'll leave the complaining about everything up to you and everyone else here.

I won't be demonized for calling out a team that is underperforming. UND has become the dirty rodents of the 2009 era, with tons of draft picks that can't perform. I, and many others, don't accept this. It's total crap.

BY the way, how about that eastern bias commentary announcement.

I really wish we had a team to make him eat crow.

Which players on our team, based on their performances so far this year would make any team in the league...

Grimaldi- likely a top six on any team in NCAA

Jewels- certainly top nine on any team in NCAA

Parks- makes lineup on any team in NCAA

Mark Mac- makes lineup on any team in NCAA

Simpson- makes lineup on any team in NCAA

Schmaltz- makes lineup

Stecher- makes lineup

7 of 19 positions we have covered

BY the way, how about that eastern bias commentary announcement.

I really wish we had a team to make him eat crow.

Which players on our team, based on their performances so far this year would make any team in the league...

Grimaldi- likely a top six on any team in NCAA

Jewels- certainly top nine on any team in NCAA

Parks- makes lineup on any team in NCAA

Mark Mac- makes lineup on any team in NCAA

Simpson- makes lineup on any team in NCAA

Schmaltz- makes lineup

Stecher- makes lineup

7 of 19 positions we have covered

I'm a bit concerned with lack of production from some of the newcomers. Not necessarily defensively. I think Stecher, LaDue, and Ausmus have been good defensively, but outside of Johnson creating some chances we haven't seen much from Tambellini or Murphy. As of right now LaDue and Stecher have more points than Murphy and Tambellini.

My idea for a light a fire give the boys a spark moment: Throw the Freshman in the net.

Hello from Boston! Wow, the officiating was awful tonight. Even the BU fans around me were joking about it. I guess they consider Miller the "Head Clown." It is hard to go back to college hockey when you see officiating like that. UND needs to try longer than three minutes though.

• Upvote 2

Simply there is no creativity or confidence with the puck.

Not one bit. Worst I've seen in over ten years. Not even close. No chance at even making the game close tonight wow. Has nothing to do with the refs. We are bad right now. Pretty obvious. Hope we can approve. And yes mafia man I said we. Ha Go sioux go!

Thoughts from the game (in person):

1) the Sioux applied good pressure for the first five minutes. After that, it definitely dropped off, which I guess is expected when you're constantly a man down.

2) Some of the penalties called on the Sioux were borderline. And that's fine if you want to call borderline penalties, you just have to do it on both teams. There was a tripping no call just moments before BU's second goal (among many other non-calls).

3) the Sioux lost a lot of 1 on 1 battles. While I certainly don't think this game was nearly as bad as many on this board are making it out to be, that was frustrating to see.

4) I missed Jake Marto tonight; he was the one defenseman I would trust more than any other to handle a 2 on 1. Mattson...not so much.

5) This team is not good enough offensively to have average goaltending.

6) Schmaltz took a dumb penalty with an offensive zone slash, but his steady improvement is still apparent. He also almost killed me tonight. With about five minutes left, he sent the puck into the stands, and it missed my head by just a few inches. Some other guy earlier wasn't so lucky, as a puck deflected off his head.

7) Drake and Rocco have so much chemistry and talent. That didn't show a ton tonight, but when it was 4 on 4, the two of them had some impressive puck possession going in the offensive zone.

8) I tend to find Boston sports fans (any Boston based sports team) to be ridiculously obnoxious. This opinion was reaffirmed many times tonight. If you think I complained about calls, you should go to a CC game.

9) I met a ton of Sioux fans, all of whom were incredibly friendly. While chatting with one woman, I asked if she lived out here or came out from North Dakota. When she said she lived in Maine, I told her I did too. Then she asked if I was 'keikla on Siouxsports.' I was simultaneously proud and totally weirded out that she knew who I was!

10) The BU student section rocks. The band was excellent, and the students were lively with good cheers. Even though I wish the Sioux had silenced them early, it was fun to watch them from an objective standpoint.

11) I missed the third BU goal (the one called off) because I got stuck in the slowest beer line ever. The arena was great, but they definitely need some TVs in the concourse.

The sun will rise, but we will not make the NCAAs this year...mark my words. if I am wrong, I will eat crow. If I am right, well, I get to be right.

Hak and co need to go.

You are correct that this team, most likely, will not do anything this year however because Hak has one bad season doesn't mean he should go. I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic. They look pretty bad however. The Gophs are just as young and they are on a whole different level.