SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MIAMI - NCHC Opener

AZSIOUX

Asking me to choose another team to hate (other than the Gophers) is as easy as telling me I can no longer love the Sioux and have to pick a different team! I love to hate the Gophers and conference rivals or not.

You can still hate the gophers, you just need to spread it around a little bit to include Miami ;)

30501544.jpg

To be clear, I never said they were DOT. I said their talent level as a line was between Frattin, Malone and Trupp and DOT. I think they are slightly better than the former and not as good as the latter.

Frattin-Malone-Trupp if still together could be an effective line in the NHL. They just had tremendous chemistry, and give them some time together and they'd still figure out a way to compete.

• Upvote 1

To be clear, I never said they were DOT. I said their talent level as a line was between Frattin, Malone and Trupp and DOT. I think they are slightly better than the former and not as good as the latter.

Are you referring to the barber line? I wouldn't say they are as good as malones line yet.

I think a split is best case scenario IMO. We showed no ability to adjust our style play to the way either game last weekend was officiated. Their PP will bury us if we take penalties like last weekend. Hak has to find another line other than Rocco's. Mark Mac is a wasted talent as he is playing with Mitch. Defensively we will struggle...too many Fr. playing. Excited to watch the game on TV Friday though.

I agree with this post 1000%!! It seems like every year there is one guy that perpetually gets in the line up that is a big head scratcher and it is usually a guy that has a game just like Mitch's.

It is apparent that the coaches like his physicality but I just don't know how they can overlook his decision making and vision challenges. When he has the puck it is an accomplishment if he does not turn it over and YES it is a waste putting Mark on the ice with him. IF they were to have the chemistry they had in the juniors they would have done it and we would SEE it. but we don't see it.

It reminds me of the Kozak NHL shot talk and how we looked for goals to come from him for four years and all we saw was shot after shot after shot into the goalies pads.(Well except the OT game in Madison. How ironic that he wasn't even on his feet for that titanic blast!!) :whistling:

Yes, we need a new rival to hate in this league. Miami---YOU'RE IT.

Miami sucks! Terrible team, terrible fans, terrible jerseys, terrible rink, terrible terrible terrible. Does Blasi like to do the dasher dance?

I still vote for Denver University (even sans Gwoz) for the NCHC rival. Lots of great WCHA series, playoff games and even those NCAA games.

The team seems ready they are there usual selves before they charter Hak was as stoic as ever and some oft he freshies didn't like the questions we asked before the bus went through the gate but they should be in flight to Cincinnati soon.

How the hell do you get to oxford anyhow? Plane then bus ride from cincy? What questions you referring to?

How the hell do you get to oxford anyhow? Plane then bus ride from cincy? What questions you referring to?

Yes its bus, they charter back from cvg on saturday/sunday morning. Security questions required for charter operations. they get the attitude of do i really have to answer this then the upper class men inform them if they don't, they stay home.

what the hell? ha. prepare to take a few shots. fun stuff

wow, 1st conference series and it's october and challeneges are being offered. making this series out to be a little more than what it is right now I'd say. heck I'd be confident too if my team was rated number one with a very young oppenent coming to town.

Is it just me - I don't get it???

What is the challenge? If Miami loses, he dresses up in a Sioux jersey, green facepaint and gets shot with paintballs by a member of the University of Miami Paintball team (they have a university paintball team?). That part makes sense - he's betting that Miami wins.

So what if Miami does win? Is he wanting U of Miami students to bet against the Redhawks and bet that UND wins?

Maybe I'm just overthinking this, but this is really dumb. Who at that school would "take this bet" and bet against Miami? Or maybe he wants to bet UND fans? Does he think that UND fans will fly out there if they lose so he can pelt them with paintballs? I must be dense...I just don't get it.

• Upvote 1

Think it's just a simple if UND wins he will take that amount of paintball shots wearing a Miami jersey with his face painted green and the paintballs will be green. Hope we hang a 5-2 one night, 3 paintballs can hurt! Ha