SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Vermont - FRIDAY GAMEDAY

AZSIOUX

I figured its opening night so may as well get the game thread going early this Friday for the SS faithful! Let's go boys!

GAMEDAY READING via Brad. Awesome coverage as always!

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=94954

For those who aren't around here much or wondering on tv options. NO DIRECT TV OR DISH.

WEBcast only www.undsports.com for those without midco viewing.

UND 5-2

Ljohn, Tambellini, Rocco, Mac, Pattyn

I just have this feeling that they crush Vermont this weekend. Just a feeling...no evidence to back it up. :)

I have the same feeling so I'll offer up two predictions:

#1) A Sioux smack-down tonight 6-1

#2) YaneA will run into Oxbow6 at the arena and BOTH of them will have their SiouxSports.com hats on

I have the same feeling so I'll offer up two predictions:

#1) A Sioux smack-down tonight 6-1

#2) YaneA will run into Oxbow6 at the arena and BOTH of them will have their SiouxSports.com hats on

65 here in Fargo right now...don't know if the fleece lid is the proper play tonight. Remember I'm not follicly challenged like some! :whistling:;)

With all the freshmen in the lineup, I really have no idea what to expect. I would hope the talent would shine through, but with a lot of those freshmen at defense, its hard to tell what will happen. I hope that people temper their enthusiasm or pessimism from this series though. If they pummel Vermont, doesn't put them as National Championship favorites, just like if they stumble it doesn't mean they'll suck. Hopefully the NCHC teams, including the Sioux, will take care of business in non-conference play, because with how tough the league will be, they really need to have an impressive non-conference record to maximize the number of teams that make the NCAA.

UND 2 UVT 2 followed by 3 fire Hak threads after the game.

...which will lose momentum after UND FB gets drubbed by 35 on Saturday and the "Fire Muss" thread explodes...again.

A good number of UND FB fans, boosters and alums want Muss gone...period. Those that yell "Fire Hak" IMO are doing more so out of frustration at his inablilty to win a NC. Comparing those 2 coaches is apples to oranges. Hak is a very very good HC. Muss...not so much.

Now back on topic...I got Zane having a 75% chance to start tonight over Clark.

• Upvote 2

Fun fact: UND freshman forward Adam Tambellini played with Vermont goalie Michael Santaguida when they played for the Surrey Eagles of the British Columbia Hockey League.

I'm sure #10 has given the entire team his weak spots whether that be high glove, low corner, etc.

• Upvote 1

Fun fact: UND freshman forward Adam Tambellini played with Vermont goalie Michael Santaguida when they played for the Surrey Eagles of the British Columbia Hockey League.

According to Schlossman, 2 other guys are on Vermont that he played with on Surrey.