SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Looking at the Bart Andrus wiki page... he looks like he checks the experience boxes of the job posting very well - NFL, NFL Europe head coach and won World Bowl XII, CFL head coach, DI experience, knows the Big Sky, and was someone no one brought up until today. Was HC at Amsterdam until NFL Europe folded.

Still prefer Pflugrad among those whose names have been released. Would like to see Hoffner get a break at OC.

Wish I could be a fly on the wall in Faison's office tonight.

I still feel the new coach will be hired by the end of the week. It makes little sense for Faison to wait an extra week to make the decision. During the necessary 21-day posting period, he likely was communicating with several coaches across the country and gauging their interest. I'd have to think by now he has a top 3 list, if he hasn't already picked one.

With that said, Wayne Nelson expects another week to go by so who really knows. For recruiting purposes, I hope it's sooner rather than later.

I think Bubba is a hell of a defensive coach and all, but who does he bring in as a recruiter/assistant coach? I know a couple guys who had him their living room back when he was at UND and to put it nicely, it was awkward according to them.

That is a very nice way to put it. Bubba's ability to recruit is questionable at best. We need new blood, not more inbreeding, which is what got UND to this point.

Fortunately, gfhockey has no idea what he is talking about.

That is a very nice way to put it. Bubba's ability to recruit is questionable at best. We need new blood, not more inbreeding, which is what got UND to this point.

Couldn't agree more. I don't see hiring Schweigart as a great solution. He has had limited DI success. Pflugrad, Cummings, and DeWitt top my list, in that order. Schweigart would probably be fourth, though.

How did he build such good teams at Duluth? Who was his recruiting coordinator their?

Of course I'm totally spit-balling here, but I wonder if anybody would have an interest in this guy: http://www.tulsahurr...son_greg00.html

Impressive resume. I see in 2010 he spent time at Northern Colorado and was highly successful. Like you inferred total shot in the dark but someone like this would be nice to find. His resume kind of reads like Bohl's pre-NDSU.
  • Upvote 1