SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

Guy has as many national championships as a head coach as he has loses. Pretty impressive no matter the level.

yeah in the naia that doesn't even follow ncca rules

its like street ball in the hoods!

what a fricken mess!

how does he gt 150k when he has little to no expeirnce at d1 level

long live fighting Sioux football

While I didn't want to see Bubba as the next Head Coach, I can't believe Faison thinks a guy with NAIA head coaching experience and mediocre results as an FCS coordinator was the answer.

Once again, UND is content to be irrelevant in a sport that isn't hockey. Do you think for a minute that a hockey head coaching search would be handled this way? This would be like hiring a guy who won a couple club hockey national championships as a coach. If I was one of the applicants that didn't get the job, I'd be happy right now. I wouldn't want to be part of a program that clearly isn't serious about winning at the FCS level.

That being said, I'll support the new coach and the team, but I don't see this going well.

While I didn't want to see Bubba as the next Head Coach, I can't believe Faison thinks a guy with NAIA head coaching experience and mediocre results as an FCS coordinator was the answer.

Once again, UND is content to be irrelevant in a sport that isn't hockey. Do you think for a minute that a hockey head coaching search would be handled this way? This would be like hiring a guy who won a couple club hockey national championships as a coach.

Yes.

You realize Dean Blais was coaching HIGH SCHOOL hockey when he was hired at UND right?

If it is DeBoer, I'm happy he can come put back together what he helped destroy (from the opposing sideline).

His head coaching record speaks for itself, I don't care what level it was at. You don't end up with as many national championships as total losses and not know how to coach. His results as an OC were a mixed bag, it is what it is but that is not what he's being hired to do. Bring in a strong assistant staff and get the ship turned around.