SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

looking back at it i'm sure faison was ready to pull the trigger and get rid of muss after the usd game but anderson had to catch that damn touchdown pass!

I fully agree with you - winning that game was great at the time but I immediately thought that it may have been a very bad thing in the long haul!

If he said it was easy we could all question where it's been the last few years. It could be from the Spirit Campaign, so it would make sense we didn't have it in the past. Or gfhockey's buddies really did pony up.

Meh. He said there would be an announcement Wednesday and then by the end of the week. No surprise that his "sources" were wrong on both accounts.

Talked to my "source" from within the athletic dept. last night at hockey game...as of now he "feels" it is Bubba's job. Pflu not the guy. :( And app requirements were taylored for Tibs who wants to stay an NFL coach. It was Tibs job from the start if he wanted it. But my guy probably knows as much as gfhockey's guys but that what I got last night.

Talked to my "source" from within the athletic dept. last night at hockey game...as of now he "feels" it is Bubba's job. Pflu not the guy. :( And app requirements were taylored for Tibs who wants to stay an NFL coach. It was Tibs job from the start if he wanted it. But my guy probably knows as much as gfhockey's guys but that what I got last night.

Also heard about Pflug's not making the final nine. If that is the case, then they really, really did not want to deal with any issues he had at MT. There are not nine better coaches than him on list. Maybe 2-3.

Also heard about Pflug's not making the final nine. If that is the case, then they really, really did not want to deal with any issues he had at MT. There are not nine better coaches than him on list. Maybe 2-3.

On Pflu it that's the case I don't feel Faison did his due diligence... he just took the easy way out. No way Pflu was not a top 9 guy especially with the f-d up "points" system they are using!

No way Bubba is a better candidate than Pflu...

I think the 9 were forwarded to Faison so it wasn't his choice to not include Pflugrad if that is true

If that is the case this "process" is a disaster. Faison is the frickin' AD...he trumps the wizards in the HR dept. On face value he should be able to recognize Pflu is 1 of the top 3 candidates. Total joke IMO.

DeWitt is still the coach that interests me the most. The comments in articles from the players after he took over as d cord. make me believe he knows how to motivate.

He is an upper Midwest guy growing up in WI.

Hiring an EVP at a Fortune 500 is less bureaucratic than this. Good Lord. Interesting that the posting requirement is 20 days external at NDSU, yet Brad Salem's name was leaking out yesterday.

BTW...my "source" said "zero" chance new FB coach hired by years end. Said not a bigger cluster **** at UND than the HR dept...and payroll.

Absolutely ridiculous...

BTW...my "source" said "zero" chance new FB coach hired by years end. Said not a bigger cluster **** at UND than the HR dept...and payroll.

Absolutely ridiculous...

Inexcusable if true. If it was my son home for the holidays without a coach I'd be quite concerned...

BTW...my "source" said "zero" chance new FB coach hired by years end.

Absolutely ridiculous...

Hey, just have "trust and faith" in Faison that he is taking his time and doing things "the right way".

Everything has gone just as planned and everything will be fine....

And then we will have to hire the assistants and go through HR protocol and deal with the UND open records laws again with all of them because "football coaches aren't considered emergency hires" right?

If they are considered emergency hires, then why didn't they do it with the most important hire of all?

Just sad.

This turning into major cluster%#€£. Can't UND get anything right with our football program? I know some on here will say relax, let the process play out, better times are ahead, etc. but I am starting to have some serious doubts. How many DI schools have a similar hiring process as ours?

Hey, just have "trust and faith" in Faison that he is taking his time and doing things "the right way".

And then we will have to hire the assistants and go through HR protocol and deal with the UND open records laws again with all of them because "football coaches aren't considered emergency hires" right?

If they are considered emergency hires, then why didn't they do it with the most important hire of all?

Just sad.

I don't get why the wait is a big deal anymore, we can't recruit for a month now anyway so it really doesn't matter. Everyone just needs to take a minute and relax.

I don't get why the wait is a big deal anymore, we can't recruit for a month now anyway so it really doesn't matter. Everyone just needs to take a minute and relax.

Right on cue. Unfortunately I think a lot of the damage has already been done. This point system is a load of BS. Faison is the AD for a reason...to make the tough decisions. No need for HR to have a point system and get in the way of the AD making a decision.

Just sad.

Spot on, like I said last week. Also, the new coach can recruit during dead period over phone lining up visits for January, which are going to be huge just to get a few players.

Right on cue. Unfortunately I think a lot of the damage has already been done. This point system is a load of BS. Faison is the AD for a reason...to make the tough decisions. No need for HR to have a point system and get in the way of the AD making a decision.

Yet people continue to complain about things like it's Brians fault. I have been a part of the hiring process for over 5 years for a worldwide fortune 500 company and it is similar to this. There are things you can do to get through certain loopholes but you must abide by the process. Trust me when I say Brian is just as frustrated as we are right now.

The folks at FU have been talking about the "it" factor with a coach. Admittedly, Bohl has the "it" factor. Kind of a leadership/knowledge/ability/etc. all wrapped into one. That won't show up with the HR department. Let's hope they don't handcuff our AD by taking those resumes of the coaches with the "it" factor from getting his desk.

Yet people continue to complain about things like it's Brians fault. I have been a part of the hiring process for over 5 years for a worldwide fortune 500 company and it is similar to this. There are things you can do to get through certain loopholes but you must abide by the process. Trust me when I say Brian is just as frustrated as we are right now.

I never said it was Faisons fault. Just that the process is a joke. I'm really curious how many other DI schools follow a similar HR point policy when it comes to hiring a coach? From the open records policy to the point system, the whole process comes off as a joke. It will be interesting to see how the FU coaching hire plays out in comparison to ours.