SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

The most disappointing part of that interview was Brian said there was no legal way to hire someone who didn't apply. It kinda of looks like the list we have is it. Removes an element of suspense.

It's not closed though. People can still apply can't they? Wasn't this just the end of the mandatory period that we had to wait?

The most disappointing part of that interview was Brian said there was no legal way to hire someone who didn't apply. It kinda of looks like the list we have is it. Removes an element of suspense.

I didn't see the interview, but you may have misunderstood him. There is no way to hire someone without them putting in an application. But, according to the listing, they will continue to take applications until someone is hired. The applications that were sent in by 5 pm today got first priority. They can still interview and hire someone that sends in an application at any time up to the time a new coach is hired.

The problem that some people have is the North Dakota open records law which doesn't allow people to keep their names secret. Other states allow the schools to keep the list of applicants secret. Not everyone wants their employer to know that they are looking for a new job. This issue has been discussed when UND and NDSUAAS were hiring new presidents. Some people believe that well qualified candidates decided not to apply because they didn't want people to know in case they didn't get the job. But it is part of the transparency that North Dakota has tried to put in government.

Submit application after the soft deadline. Interview via phone. 30 minutes later, we have a new head coach that Faison has been talking with the whole time.

Submit application after the soft deadline. Interview via phone. 30 minutes later, we have a new head coach that Faison has been talking with the whole time.

Probably not quite that simple, but that is the basic idea. The beauty of the soft deadline is that the media may not be as diligent about doing information requests so someone could slip their application in without the name getting released before they want it released.

Didn't he allow his players to vandalize the locker room at the Alerus after USD lost to UND in 2011...yeah that's the coach we need.

Isn't it ironic the baggage that players can hang on their coaches - I'm would like to assume he didn't have a part in the vandalism but it probably contributed to his firing and it's an albatross he will carry. Same with Pflugrad and his player's actions.

Spin

Maybe these applicants have met with Faison and have said "um no thanks"!!!

That for all of u who continue to be hypocrits and the narcissists that UND fan are.

Think POS CMSioux for his response to my post.

A hypocrite is someone who says one thing and does another - FU trolls say they hate UND and have left UND behind yet they still continue to troll the UND fan board and spend time reading about UND. Even on the cusp of a national championship they are spending time here posting about UND. A narcissist is someone who is in love with their own image - FU trolls are constrantly finding the need to come here and remind us how much better FU is than UND.

Posting positive comments about your own school and teams on its own fan site is what fan boards are about. Going to other fan boards and posting about your team is hypocriical and narcsistic.

Spin this as narcisism - UND grads make the news as astronauts, doctors, judges and business owners, FU makes the news when the police have been called, its president leaves in disgrace or when the president disses student organizations in his emails. All you got is football and it's obvious that isn't enough to keep your attention even during a national championship run - plus guess what history shows even that won't last forever. Another FU team goes down this weekend - let the excuses begin. You won't find me posting on Bison-swille - not my teams, not my school - I can't even root for them in their playoff run the trolls have poisoned the water too much.

(Now in reality do I really believe that my ranting about FU - no, but it is sure fun to be able to post it on a UND Fan site.)

• Upvote 2

I think it is going to be Bollinger. And, BB would be a fantastic hire.

Not disagreeing about BB as a potential hire but Pflu only decent name in the hat. This fan base needs an answer...before SU names their new HC.

Faison should realize this...I would hope. Again after visiting with my Griz connections in Missoula I am all in for Pflu.

Not disagreeing about BB as a potential hire but Pflu only decent name in the hat. This fan base needs an answer...before SU names their new HC.

Faison should realize this...I would hope. Again after visiting with my Griz connections in Missoula I am all in for Pflu.

I think Pflu was made a scapegoat in MT.

Then why not name him head coach today? Why wait? I think BF is going to pass on him.

Someone we haven't thought of.

Who???

In Pflu you have a coach who has won a NC, has been named BS coach of the year, has had significant success in the BS, is a proven top notch recruiter and has something to prove after being thrown under the bus by his president at Montana.

What am I missing???