SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

I guess I see if differently between the two...Pflu was backing his player and was later vindicated after losing his job while Bleil looks like he knowingly violated NCAA recruiting rules...

I don't believe that's an entirely accurate portrayal of the situation, but I guess we'll see what Faison thinks. Based exclusively on merit, Pflugrad clearly warrants an interview. If he doesn't get one, I don't think we will need to speculate too much as to the reason. That's not to say it's necessarily fair. There's just a good chance things will go down that way.

Agreed, but he was fired. Fired after a horrible loss to UND a few years back too.

I don't think out of the list of names that have applied he's in my top ten. Not that I'm going to make that list. Just hire Pflugrad and move on.

Having a hard time believing this unless it was someone who's application was turned in a while ago. I would assume a formal interview would be required and I doubt that can be done unless an official application has been submitted. But Faison knows the process better than the rest of us and a "formal" interview could be done over the phone.

I am sure that Faison has had discussions/interviews (formal or otherwise) with a few potential candidates that haven't applied. He wasn't going to wait to see who showed up on the list. I am sure he was busy trying to "recruit" guys who were on the top of his list. I don't think a formal interview will be necessary. That said, you would think that a coach who isn't overly familiar with our program and facilities would want to visit campus before saying "yes"!

I am sure that Faison has had discussions/interviews (formal or otherwise) with a few potential candidates that haven't applied. He wasn't going to wait to see who showed up on the list. I am sure he was busy trying to "recruit" guys who were on the top of his list. I don't think a formal interview will be necessary. That said, you would think that a coach who isn't overly familiar with our program and facilities would want to visit campus before saying "yes"!

I agree but for HR purposes, usually there has to be a "formal" interview and those usually can't happen until an application has been submitted. No doubt he was in contact with multiple people before they did or didn't submit their application.

With some of the names off the grid we are seeing...they could have already been in for a visit and nobody would have been the wiser.