SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

It's been released already, I guess 4 new got added today...but they didn't even say who they were, all they said was "no local flare"...so best guess is that they are of same quality as majority already on list. Pflu hands down front runner now, according to most on here.

It closes tomorrow at midnight though correct, or did I remember that wrong?

Former Mankato coach Todd Hoffner has applied per WDAZ. Has some distant ties to UND, was a Grad Asst Coach, I assume while he got his master's here.

And many of you thought Pflu would bring baggage if hired...

Are you talking about the charges against him that were dropped? That was such a joke.

Same could be said of those ragging on Pflu. Just saying...

Who cares about being better than some. He isn't the best candidate as of right now.

Tom Miller reports Jeff Mills, former DC at New Mexico has applied as well. Resume below. Becomes one of the more experienced candidates, though no head coaching experience.

2012-present: New Mexico (Defensive Coordinator/Secondary)

2009-11 Washington (Secondary)

2007-09 Youngstown State (Defensive Coordinator/Secondary)

2006 Idaho (Defensive Coordinator/Safeties)

2004-05 Idaho (Assistant Head Coach/Safeties)

2000-03 Nevada (Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers)

1999 Idaho (Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Line)

1998 Idaho (Defensive Coordinator/Secondary)

1995-97 Idaho (Secondary)

1992-94 Montana State (Secondary)

1990-91 Washington (Graduate Assistant)

1989 Drake (Defensive Assistant)

1988 Western Washington (Defensive Assistant)

Not that I think he's the best person for the UND head coaching job, but I feel like it was a travesty what happened to him. He deserves to get back into coaching. I would have no problem if whomever the new coach is hires him as an assistant.

Agreed, it was a real shame what happened to him and his family.
  • Upvote 1

Not that I think he's the best person for the UND head coaching job, but I feel like it was a travesty what happened to him. He deserves to get back into coaching. I would have no problem if whomever the new coach is hires him as an assistant.

Totally agree.

I've obviously not been a big Pflu proponent, but I'd take a chance on him over Mills. I don't mind an assistant coach who lost his job because of a total housecleaning, but not one who was apparently forced out of his most recent job due to being in charge of a bad defense. I'm hoping there are other viable candidates who apply last minute.

Both Pflu and Hoffner got bad deals at their former universities. I feel really bad for Hoffner, as being called a child sex offender is a tough rap to leave behind, even though the charges were absolutely ridiculous. I would fully support the hiring of Hoffner as an assistant/coordinator.

• Upvote 3