SiouxSports.com Forum

The next coach of UND football is....

darell1976

I love Brooks and would love to see him come to UND, but as a OC. Using Richard Petino is a poor example. Richard Petino was a head coach that had succuss, not a position coach with 2 years of experience. I am sure that Brooks would do a incredible job recruiting, but for him to take over a entire program, hire a new staff, recruit and sign players all within the next 60-80 days and without any experience? I am all about a getting someone on the way up, but this might be a bit more than he is ready for at this point in his coaching career.

How do we even know this yet? People are coming to a lot of conclusions off of a very limited sample size. Plus, didn't I just read Pitt just lost an offered recruit, from Wisconsin, to the ac?

Outside of Tibesar, which I think is unrealistic, Klieman is my favorite potential candidate amongst all the names that have been thrown out there. He has many years of experience as a DC at two different schools that have always been known for solid defensive play. He has head coaching experience. He has experience as an assistant at several FCS schools, and an FBS school. He has spent the majority of his coaching career in North Dakota's traditional recruiting territory. He has spent the majority of his coaching career at winning programs such as Northern Iowa and NDSU.

It will definately be excruciating as a fan over the next several weeks with all of the speculation, at least until we get list of finalists.

Outside of Tibesar, which I think is unrealistic, Klieman is my favorite potential candidate amongst all the names that have been thrown out there. He has many years of experience as a DC at two different schools that have always been known for solid defensive play. He has head coaching experience. He has experience as an assistant at several FCS schools, and an FBS school. He has spent the majority of his coaching career in North Dakota's traditional recruiting territory. He has spent the majority of his coaching career at winning programs such as Northern Iowa and NDSU.

It will definately be excruciating as a fan over the next several weeks with all of the speculation, at least until we get list of finalists.

He is a great guy as well. Have met him numerous times and was impressed

Have no idea how credible this is, but a UNI fan over at ChampionshipSubdivision.com is saying that Chris Klieman is interviewing for the job as soon as is convenient. Apparently his wife is from Grand Forks, and has family there.............................

Hope there is truth to this. Could be Cap'n Cat just floating BS out there...not sure.

Have no idea how credible this is, but a UNI fan over at ChampionshipSubdivision.com is saying that Chris Klieman is interviewing for the job as soon as is convenient. Apparently his wife is from Grand Forks, and has family there.............................

:lol::whistling::lol::whistling::lol:

Bohl isn't leaving.

Brooks isn't coming.

Glenn doesn't want this job.

Stop......just stop with these ridiculous ideas.

Not sure what you're talking about here. There is a very good chance Bohl will be leaving Fargo for a job paying him millions at an FBS school, which would open up the NDSU job and potentially impact who might be a candidate at UND. And nobody has mentioned Glenn for the UND job. His name has only come up in terms of how long it took USD to hire him after Meierkort was fired, and how many of Meierkort's assistants he retained. As for Brooks, obviously people have very different opinions, but it's hardly a ridiculous notion that he could be either an FBS offensive coordinator or an FCS head coach in the very near future.

Not sure what you're talking about here. There is a very good chance Bohl will be leaving Fargo for a job paying him millions at an FBS school, which would open up the NDSU job and potentially impact who might be a candidate at UND. And nobody has mentioned Glenn for the UND job. His name has only come in terms of how long it took USD to hire him after Meierkort was fired, and how many of Meierkort's assistants he retained. As for Brooks, obviously people have very different opinions, but it's hardly a ridiculous notion that he could be either an FBS offensive coordinator or an FCS head coach in the very near future.

I think he meant Caruso.

I really don't see why Tibesar is so unrealistic. If the job had been open a year ago he would've been leaving Purdue to come to UND. He's in his first season as an NFL assistant and he got the job largely because of his history with Trestman. If Trestman hadn't gotten the Bears job Tim could just as easily be at another college job. The job posting seems to describe Bollinger but it could just as easily be describing Tibesar. I'm gonna continue to have my hopes up for Tibesar.

If it is true that Klieman has interest in the job, and North Dakota has interest in him, how would that work, logistically, for the rest of this FCS season? Same question for any potential candidate that still has part of a season to coach.

In the case of Klieman, or any other current coach that may be playoff bound, the rest of his season could likely go into January. If someone like Klieman were hired on December 10, would he be done at his current job, leaving them without one of their top assistants for the playoff run? Would he keep his job, and not take over until his current team is done with the playoffs?

I really don't see why Tibesar is so unrealistic.

Maybe it isn't, I don't know. I'm just not sure it would work financially. Tibesar has held some very high profile positions in the Big 12 and Big 10, and is now in the NFL. He seems to be on an upward path at the moment that I think may not include a stop in the FCS ranks................

If it is true that Klieman has interest in the job, and North Dakota has interest in him, how would that work, logistically, for the rest of this FCS season? Same question for any potential candidate that still has part of a season to coach.

In the case of Klieman, or any other current coach that may be playoff bound, the rest of his season could likely go into January. If someone like Klieman were hired on December 10, would he be done at his current job, leaving them without one of their top assistants for the playoff run? Would he keep his job, and not take over until his current team is done with the playoffs?

I know I have heard of coaches from schools playing in bowls games leaving prior to the bowl game to start working for their new schools. They probably have to work something out between the schools to allow this though. I'm guessing it would be a little easier for a coordinator/position coach to miss a bowl game than the head coach, which is what I remember seeing before.

I really don't see why Tibesar is so unrealistic. If the job had been open a year ago he would've been leaving Purdue to come to UND. He's in his first season as an NFL assistant and he got the job largely because of his history with Trestman. If Trestman hadn't gotten the Bears job Tim could just as easily be at another college job. The job posting seems to describe Bollinger but it could just as easily be describing Tibesar. I'm gonna continue to have my hopes up for Tibesar.

Especially since the linebackers aren't doing very well in Chicago right now, although most of that can be attributed to injuries.

It's certainly a concern. I suspect such a coach would stay with his current team through the playoffs or bowl. Which would presumably mean his newly-hired staff would have to be doing all the recruiting until the post-season was over. I recall both Muss and Bubba being interviewed for the UMD job during UND's 2003 post season run. But the final decision wasn't made until after the national championship game. Of course, that was early December rather than early January.

Especially since the linebackers aren't doing very well in Chicago right now, although most of that can be attributed to injuries.

Yeah, losing Urlacher to retirement after last year and Briggs to injury most of this year, sure put a dent in Chicago's linebacking core that had been a strength for years.

Interesting question to say the least. The conflict of interest would be massive if Klieman stayed on staff for the remainder of the season, which I presume he would. Specifically for recruiting.