SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2013-2014 (Non-UND hockey)

Snake

What?!? I thought the Goofs thought that playing for third place was a waste of time and means nothing? They showed up?

Well of course they did. The game-time was moved to 7:00 pm to accomodate the local fans and so the players would still FEEL like it was a championship game. Win-win situation. :)

• Upvote 2

Per twitter, Maine received a verbal commitment from a 7th grader ('00 born.) Wow.

That's just silly. My 7th grade daughter verbally committed to the UND soccer team. And volleyball, too, now that I think about it. Should I have done a press release? She won't change her mind in the next 4.5 years, right? She couldn't just have been dreaming about her future, could she? SMH at Maine kid's parents...

That's just silly. My 7th grade daughter verbally committed to the UND soccer team. And volleyball, too, now that I think about it. Should I have done a press release? She won't change her mind in the next 4.5 years, right? She couldn't just have been dreaming about her future, could she? SMH at Maine kid's parents...

Where did she commit for basketball? :lol:

Just watched the end of the Air Force/Army game. Interesting that both teams joined together at the end of the game for the traditional 'circle of sticks.' Pretty cool.

We win tomorrow and Dan hammer can announce the long standing tradition of the 'circle of sticks' once again...I miss Sweeney...

Just watched the end of the Air Force/Army game. Interesting that both teams joined together at the end of the game for the traditional 'circle of sticks.' Pretty cool.

It has been a tradition between these two teams. Both schools do the stick salute after every game, win or lose. If you could hear the crowd after the AF goals, you could tell there was a decent number of Air Force people in attendance. The same is true in Colorado Springs with Army and Fort Carson right here. Great tradition and respect between the two schools, and Navy in other sports.

In football, each school's players line up in front of their band/student section to sing their alma mater. At AF football, both teams line up for the Army/Navy song and then both teams move over to the Air Force section and do the same. It's pretty awesome to see several times a year.

If anyone is interested Alaska anchorage is stuck in MSP after their delayed flight from Madison made them miss the ANC flight. There are no seats until Wednesday and Mankato is already up there.

Mankato is up there already? Seems a bit early.

I have no idea, when I saw the game it was 5-0 Maine at the start of the third.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/01/11/sports/hockey-east/weather-delay-um-leads-boston-university-1-0-in-frozen-fenway-event/

Check out the photos here...especially the slush under the slap shot on #9.

And, yes, lightning apparently was an issue as well as the rain.

Enough with the outdoor games already!

If anyone is interested Alaska anchorage is stuck in MSP after their delayed flight from Madison made them miss the ANC flight. There are no seats until Wednesday and Mankato is already up there.

They're in MSP. Sun Country is based in MSP. Time to charter your way home. Which really is what they should have done to start with.

Most championship games follow the third place contest. It wouldn't surprise me if it came out that Minnesota actually lobbied the WCHA to have the tournament third place game on Saturday night if they were in it instead of Saturday afternoon at the X in order to "boost attendance."

That would never have happened as Minnesota was the one school in the WCHA that was against the "Minnesota Rule." Not to mention that rule was put in place for TV ratings, not attendance.

The championship game is always supposed to be the "showpiece" game, hence the most desirable time frame for the game... classy move by the goofer athletic dept :silly: .

In a typical tournament setting(neutral ice) you would be correct. But these are simply home games for the Gophers with the times already decided. It's OUR home schedule. Of course we should get the 7pm time slot.

• Upvote 1