SiouxSports.com Forum

Vikings

Fetch

22 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Now watch all this geniuses in social media try to blame this on Teddy.???

I think we should have went for the TD at the end and put all doubt to rest.

But we'll be back next year with a team that is one more year old and wiser.

Now we just need the Redskins to beat the Packers so Fox Sports can't slobber over Aaron Rodgers anymore.

You expect your kicker to hit a 27 yard field goal. Going for a TD and getting stopped would be stupid in that situation. Even if the Vikings score, they have to go for 2 to even make it a 7 point game. 

40 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Now watch all this geniuses in social media try to blame this on Teddy.???

I think we should have went for the TD at the end and put all doubt to rest.

But we'll be back next year with a team that is one more year old and wiser.

Now we just need the Redskins to beat the Packers so Fox Sports can't slobber over Aaron Rodgers anymore.

I was saying to go for the TD on 1st down there too rather than just running to set up a FG just because I didn't trust Walsh but would have kicked the FG when it got to 4th down. It was a short kick that Walsh gets paid to make and has to make no excuses. Game changed with the scramble play and then Wilson being able to pick on Robinson who is a horrible CB because Newman and Waynes were both hurt. You follow that up with Peterson fumbling on the next drive and all the momentum is gone from the Vikes.

Vikings had lots of other plays that coulda have been made too like the weird play when Wilson missed the snap and then hit the guy downfield to give them life, Peterson fumble, Sendejo not coming up with the interception when he got the chance, letting Wilson escape 3-4 guys a couple times to throw the ball away rather than get him for a 10 yd sack. Couple other tougher plays that they had a chance at to with McKinnon not being able to make the grab in the 1st half down the seam after being held by Chancellor and Diggs not coming up with the jump ball deep shot.

This team should have won today and who knows how far they would have went but it definitely wasn't a perfect team. Lots of areas that need to be improved in the offseason like a safety to pair with Smith, the OL, and a good WR that you can pair with Diggs.

• Upvote 1

That was one of the key differences in the game: Wilson is able to escape or throw the ball away. Teddy seems to take a sack, which is partly to blame on how good that one dude on the defensive line for the Seahawks seems to be and how good Wilson is at escaping/getting rid of the ball. 

I certainly wouldn't blame the loss on Teddy. 

Game was probably lost in the trenches.

I know it's water over the bridge but didn't the replay show that Wilson's knee was down before he got up and threw that broken play pass? How is the knee touching there different from the quarterback taking a knee behind center and play stops?  I assume that is not a reviewable play? 

4 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

I know it's water over the bridge but didn't the replay show that Wilson's knee was down before he got up and threw that broken play pass? How is the knee touching there different from the quarterback taking a knee behind center and play stops?  I assume that is not a reviewable play? 

I quarterback has to immediately drop to a knee for it to be considered a "quarterback kneel."

3 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

I was saying to go for the TD on 1st down there too rather than just running to set up a FG just because I didn't trust Walsh but would have kicked the FG when it got to 4th down. It was a short kick that Walsh gets paid to make and has to make no excuses. Game changed with the scramble play and then Wilson being able to pick on Robinson who is a horrible CB because Newman and Waynes were both hurt. You follow that up with Peterson fumbling on the next drive and all the momentum is gone from the Vikes.

Vikings had lots of other plays that coulda have been made too like the weird play when Wilson missed the snap and then hit the guy downfield to give them life, Peterson fumble, Sendejo not coming up with the interception when he got the chance, letting Wilson escape 3-4 guys a couple times to throw the ball away rather than get him for a 10 yd sack. Couple other tougher plays that they had a chance at to with McKinnon not being able to make the grab in the 1st half down the seam after being held by Chancellor and Diggs not coming up with the jump ball deep shot.

This team should have won today and who knows how far they would have went but it definitely wasn't a perfect team. Lots of areas that need to be improved in the offseason like a safety to pair with Smith, the OL, and a good WR that you can pair with Diggs.

Speaking of Waynes, that guy is going to be a phenomenal CB in this league for a long time. He and Xavier Rhodes should be a solid 1-2 punch for us next year and beyond.

Every dog has his day and our time will come!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!

Walsh shanked one but don't let AP off the hook. Bad fumble late and in a bad weather game when the Vikings needed him badly to be a top tier NFL RB he was not good when he did hang onto the ball. 

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Well, you'll be able to watch it on the Packer Television Network....oops, I mean Fox Sports. :p

No I won't........ I'll be at the Ralph!

NFL Mobile will do it though.