SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Valpo

GeauxSioux

I'm thinking Cheatom for sure. The other could be Stockwell. Carr is good enough to play right away but I'm not sure they want to. Who knows though, if he made enough plays in practice he can force the issue like Golladay did last year. Sharp is in the same boat as Carr with alot of older players at his position.

I'm thinking Cheatom for sure. The other could be Stockwell. Carr is good enough to play right away but I'm not sure they want to. Who knows though, if he made enough plays in practice he can force the issue like Golladay did last year. Sharp is in the same boat as Carr with alot of older players at his position.

Granted there are a lot of older players at his position, but are there a lot of better players at the position, as there are at WR? I am not in the know (obviously), I'm just asking.

Another couple things to note - Cory McKesson (RB from Cali) who is a walkon has been added to the roster. Also Tanner Vesladahl is back on the roster (must have went from PWO to regular walkon, as I don't believe he was on the roster through fall camp).

Looking at the two deep, I'm a bit disappointed to not see Butler in the two-deep at safety. He has all the physical tools you could want, just must not have the mental down yet.

Give him time he's only a soph he could earn playingtime by killing it on special teams like Dan Hendrickson did. The season is still young not all starting spots are set in stone.

Only time I saw highlights of Valpo or anything was when they came to Fargo years ago and got murdered by NDSU. Undersized, under talented, and no football scholarships.

UND 52

Valp 14

Come out of it healthy....come out of it healthy.

UND - 51

Valpo - 10

Game is in hand by halftime. Offense has a few bumps along the way, but both QB's perform well extending the QB battle (which gives SDSU something to think about). Defense shows some improvement but still leaves fans shaking their head once or twice while the game is still close.

In 2004, NDSU beat Valpo 52-0 in Fargo. (That season, SDSU beat NDSU in Brookings.)

In 2005, SDSU beat Valpo 69-6 in Brookings (and NDSU beat SDSU in Fargo).

After the SDSU game, the Valpo coach said he would never again schedule a scholarship team. I think he lasted just one or two seasons after that.

I remember when Valpo came out on the field before the 2005 game in Brookings. They looked big, stocky, well proportioned. And then the Jackrabbits came on to the field and one could observe the Valpo players side-by-side with the SDSU players: The average size difference was remarkable...it seemed like an average of two inches in height difference along with a comparable difference in muscle and weight. Valpo's guy were just proportionally smaller.

The NDSU and SDSU games vs Valpo were a long time ago and I think not much can be learned from those games.

Both QBs will see considerable playing time. Whoever plays the best, should be named the starter for the rest of the season. If the SDSU game is set-up as a QB audition and both are rotating, neither player will get into a rhythm and SDSU will win handily. Also, it's important either Bartels or Mollberg plays the majority/all of the SDSU and Montana games so that they are best prepared for the conference schedule. So, nobody should be alarmed when both QBs play a ton in this game vs. Valpo, but if Mollberg and Bartels are still splitting time against SDSU, UND will lose.

• Upvote 3