SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp 2013

geaux_sioux

I was informed there is going to be a dinning service meeting during the fan fest. Is there anywhere I can get the Sioux Poster for free or even at a small cost? I really wish I could be attending tonight.

They will likely have the posters at all the games. Yard signs will probably be available at the athletics office in the Hyslop. No real information on either of those, just going off of what has happened in the past.

Sounds like true freshman QB Sam Riddle is leaving the team, from what I undstood from twitter. I always had a bad feeling he wasn't going to stay here. The other freshman are wishing him luck and hoping he keeps in touch. I wish him all the best and am sure he will do great at that Linfield (assuming that's where he goes).

Sounds like true freshman QB Sam Riddle is leaving the team from twitter. I always had a bad feeling he wasn't going to stay here. The other freshman are wishing him luck and hoping he keeps in touch. I wish him all the best and am sure he will do great at that Linfield (assuming that's where he goes).

Not surprising but still disappointing! I just hope Palendech stays - he is apparently quite talented but with Mollberg and Bartels only one year ahead of him, he may want to find a school where he is more likely to see the field sooner.

Didn't Riddle have a newborn kid with his GF back on the West Coast? I'm sure that played into it.

Yes. That was 100% the reason why. I give the kid credit for sticking to his commitment and at least trying to see if it would work. Not a bad decision on his part at all.

I believe Mussman will announce Bartels as starting QB. Must have played better this fall than last spring. I heard he has been more consistent in fall camp than Molberg. I don't believe either QB will stay in program if they are back-ups. If one emerges as clear starter, the other will likely leave at end of the year. Both are good enough to start. I think Molberg has the bigger upside. I don't believe either of these guys want to spend fours years as back-up. Hope our Freshmen QB's are good enough to play early.

Ira, you always have awesome insight, so when you speak, I listen. You are usually right on the money. I hope whoever does not get named the starter doesn't bail at the end of the year. On the other hand, a 4 year long QB controversy probably wouldn't do anybody any good.

I haven't seen either guy play, other than in the spring game, but given all the hype surrounding Molberg (which as been down right exhausting over the last year), if Bartels beats him out in camp then I assume he must be really impressing the coaching staff.

After watching the new Opening Drive, I wonder if Aeron Carr is getting his shirt pulled. He mentioned that he has been playing with the 1s and 2s lately.

He's talented enough for sure. But given our depth at WR, there isn't sound reasoning for them to do that. (edit: unless there is some injury we aren't aware of)

He's probably just been giving the upperclassmen some breaks on their reps.

IMO, no chance they pull his redshirt.

Ira, you always have awesome insight, so when you speak, I listen. You are usually right on the money. I hope whoever does not get named the starter doesn't bail at the end of the year. On the other hand, a 4 year long QB controversy probably wouldn't do anybody any good.

I'm in the same camp. It is interesting that the SFI guys are leaning Molberg as they seem to be plugged in and pretty accurate as well.

He's talented enough for sure. But given our depth at WR, there isn't sound reasoning for them to do that.

He's probably just been giving the upperclassmen some breaks on their reps.

IMO, no chance they pull his redshirt.

I tend to agree with this as well. He'd probably be able to contribute but there is a logjam of WR's and Carr's specialty, especially his first year or two, is going to be in the return game. I see Hardin taking a lot of those reps on kickoff for sure, the punt returner job may still be up in the air. But I don't see Carr's shirt getting pulled.

Was at Fanfest for a bit yesterday, I can confirm that Golladay is still a beast.

Unless injuries arise to force their hand, I hope they both redshirt.

I agree, there is a lot of depth other than the obvious 4. Bridges seems to be progressing well and Young is no slouch, rather a victim of the depth chart. I almost forgot about Fletcher as well.

if RJ is not good to go redshirting may be a great decision. Not an easy one because any competitor wants to compete.

I have never played college football so I was just wondering do players get upset if they get redshirted or do they understand why they do get redshirted.

It's different for every player for different reasons. Needing a year of lifting. Making that connection and graduating with your class. School. Est.

I agree, there is a lot of depth other than the obvious 4. Bridges seems to be progressing well and Young is no slouch, rather a victim of the depth chart. I almost forgot about Fletcher as well.

if RJ is not good to go redshirting may be a great decision. Not an easy one because any competitor wants to compete.

I'm pretty confident that RJ is going to redshirt. I hope Bridges makes his mark as that waterbug in the slot this year. He's a little jitterbug with a big mans strength.

• Upvote 1

I thought I saw it somewhere, but when did they say the new depth chart was going to be released (unless I'm completely making up the fact that one would be released)?

My understanding is that the SID's from each athletic department are required to produce and submit a weekly depth chart to their opponents.

I would imagine the "Valpo week" UND depth chart should be released on undsports.com in the next couple of days.

I'm in the same camp. It is interesting that the SFI guys are leaning Molberg as they seem to be plugged in and pretty accurate as well.

I tend to agree with this as well. He'd probably be able to contribute but there is a logjam of WR's and Carr's specialty, especially his first year or two, is going to be in the return game. I see Hardin taking a lot of those reps on kickoff for sure, the punt returner job may still be up in the air. But I don't see Carr's shirt getting pulled.

Was at Fanfest for a bit yesterday, I can confirm that Golladay is still a beast.

I would not pull the redshirt on a freshman receiver this year unless it is the only way to keep the kid here. We made that mistake pulling Golladay's redshirt last year. Miller's freshman year was wasted and he should have been redshirted. when we had no chance to make the playoffs that year. Carr may be good enough to play but we have 5 excellent receivers that collectively are probably the best we have ever had. They have earned playing time and we need to keep that year of eligibility for him.

Bartels will start and he has had an excellent fall camp. I understand he has been more consistent and reading defenses better. Mollberg has a better upside and can make plays with his arm and his feet. Neither Bartels nor Mollberg will stay four years to be a backup and I don't blame either of them. They both need the opportyunity to play this year in games when they are with the starters and the game is on the line.If one out plays the other, then it is settled. Mollberg was the better QB in the spring game and the better athlete. Time will tell.

I