SiouxSports.com Forum

Fall Camp 2013

geaux_sioux

I doubt anyone would see this on Volleyball, so I decide to ask here. I will be moved in early to Swanson this fall due to my job training on campus, and I was wondering if fans show up at all for the Alum Volleyball game. I would love to get practice getting the student section cheering. Is it the current vs. the older, or intermixed?

Last I heard was that he was having some academic issues during the spring. Sounded like he needed to get his !@$! figured out quickly or he was out.

He was on the Spring Football Prospectus and I am pretty sure I saw him play in the spring game. Not sure on much else though.

He was on the Spring Football Prospectus and I am pretty sure I saw him play in the spring game. Not sure on much else though.

Yeah he did play but during the game when Mussman was in the press box being the color guy, if I remember correctly he was talking about him needing to focus more on acedemics, etc.

Yeah he did play but during the game when Mussman was in the press box being the color guy, if I remember correctly he was talking about him needing to focus more on acedemics, etc.

I believe he was taking online classes back home this summer. I would assume that means he plans on coming back. Hopefully he does and is ready to go.

The fall Media Day guide includes the roster - Robertson is not listed. At a glance, I don't see any other "no-shows" - will check closer a little later....

Disappointed to see that Mike Edwards isn't back. Taylor Grant is also not back.

The fall Media Day guide includes the roster - Robertson is not listed. At a glance, I don't see any other "no-shows" - will check closer a little later....

Disappointed to see that Mike Edwards isn't back. Taylor Grant is also not back.

It looks to me that Mike Edwards is back...listed with jersey #65.

It looks to me that Mike Edwards is back...listed with jersey #65.

I hope that is correct. He is listed as a "loss" under DL summary. But now I see that he is also listed as a returnee. It would appear he is back. Good news - I think he can be a good player for us.

I hope that is correct. He is listed as a "loss" under DL summary. But now I see that he is also listed as a returnee. It would appear he is back. Good news - I think he can be a good player for us.

Yea, I saw that too and figured the "loss" was a typo since he was listed as a "returner" and was listed on the roster. Plus I figure we would have heard from Geaux_Sioux already if he wasn't returning! Edwards definitely has some potential...

Any predictions on what shirts will/could be pulled? I think the obvious guesses are Cole Reyes and Aeron Carr. Although it will be tough for Carr with the depth at WR.

Also just curious about the numbers situation. I realize that incoming freshman usually have seniors numbers but what about in the case of Dan Konowalski and RJ McGill having the same number. Can they both play with that number? I believe Notre Dame had Te'o and Gholdson with the same number.

JJ Robertson is also listed under newcomers for WRs in the Media Day guide. on page 8.

UNDSports is doing a daily report for call camp called Brick by Brick. First installment. features Garrison Goodman.

Robertson is not listed on the roster, but is listed under "WR Newcomers" and as a RFr in the class breakdown. Under Newcomers, it lists his number as 6, which is the same as Bartels. If Robertson is on the team and plays, not sure how those two could have the same number.

Robertson is not listed on the roster, but is listed under "WR Newcomers" and as a RFr in the class breakdown. Under Newcomers, it lists his number as 6, which is the same as Bartels. If Robertson is on the team and plays, not sure how those two could have the same number.

Grades.

I assumed so. That mean he won't be playing at all this year? Is he working on getting them back up so he can join the team when eligible?

From what I understand, yes. He will not be on the field this fall but will be trying to get eligible or whatever he needs to do.

From what I understand, yes. He will not be on the field this fall but will be trying to get eligible or whatever he needs to do.

Could be a blessing as we could definitely use his speed next year to replace the loss of Hardin. Will he still be eligible to practice with the team? I can't remember how academic ineligibility works for practice

Any predictions on what shirts will/could be pulled? I think the obvious guesses are Cole Reyes and Aeron Carr. Although it will be tough for Carr with the depth at WR.

Also just curious about the numbers situation. I realize that incoming freshman usually have seniors numbers but what about in the case of Dan Konowalski and RJ McGill having the same number. Can they both play with that number? I believe Notre Dame had Te'o and Gholdson with the same number.

Cole Reyes, Brandon Miller, AJ Stockwell, Marcus Cheatom, Mitch Meindel, and Kyle Norberg, are my candidates without seeing a practice or hearing anything.