SiouxSports.com Forum

Stanley Cup Finals

Speez

exactly, and that is why their power absolutely stinks right now is because they are trying to make the perfect play to have the perfect shot. instead of just shooting the puck they are trying to be perfect.

There are a lot of problems with their powerplay and it has been pretty bad the whole postseason. One of there biggest problems is their spacing is really bad right now, they also seem to be overhandling the puck and really not making the simple play. I agree with you it is probably best to simplify things and just get traffic in fron of Rask and get shots through which has been a lot easier said then actually done.

One of there biggest problems is their spacing is really bad right now, they also seem to be overhandling the puck and really not making the simple play.

It's funny, because you'd think something as simple as proper spacing would be very, very easy to fix - if it was completely under Chicago's control. I think credit has to go to Boston for denying Chicago the areas of the ice they want to be on. Also, I haven't seen a team better with their sticks on the kill (or in the defensive zone, period) as Boston is right now.

• Upvote 1

It's funny, because you'd think something as simple as proper spacing would be very, very easy to fix - if it was completely under Chicago's control. I think credit has to go to Boston for denying Chicago the areas of the ice they want to be on. Also, I haven't seen a team better with their sticks on the kill (or in the defensive zone, period) as Boston is right now.

Boston deserves a lot of credit for taking away lanes but Chicago also deserves a lot of blame for not adjusting. The other thing that Boston has done a good job of is making it very tough for the Hawks to gain the zone and get control, biggest thing the Hawks need to do is simplify their game.

Chicago needs to dumb-down simplify their game if they want to compete against the defensive juggernaut that is the Bruins. The Hawks couldn't get to the net last night and they better find a solution tomorrow night. Also, it would help to have Hossa.

Chicago needs to dumb-down simplify their game if they want to compete against the defensive juggernaut that is the Bruins. The Hawks couldn't get to the net last night and they better find a solution tomorrow night. Also, it would help to have Hossa.

What's the beer count up to now? :lol: Also, were you not the guy that was telling me that this series wasn't going to be close... I am getting thirsty... :) Now that being said, this is far from over...

What's the beer count up to now? :lol: Also, were you not the guy that was telling me that this series wasn't going to be close... I am getting thirsty... :) Now that being said, this is far from over...

hey now, i never said this was going to be easy. although, if Boston wins tomorrow, the fat lady start clearing her throat. the beer count is 10.... or 20 Bud Light Limes since it's not really beer. :lol:

• Upvote 1

hey now, i never said this was going to be easy. although, if Boston wins tomorrow, the fat lady start clearing her throat. the beer count is 10.... or 20 Bud Light Limes since it's not really beer. :lol:

I drink all kinds of different kinds of beer. Not just Bud Light Lime. You should know from Tom Reids, that I had no problem with other kinds as well. :)

Edited by Goon

Sounds like Bickell, Toews, and Kane will be together again as top line and that line looked very good in the LA series. I think they could be very dangerous tonight and gotta believe the Hawks will come out flying right away.

Big guns & muscle together should make a big change to the game.

Sounds like Hossa should be playing.

I'll go Hawks 3-1 again Goon.

GO HAWKS!!!

Pretty good 1st for Hawks up until the bad clear attempt and weak goal and that seems to have given the Bruins life. Thought that early interference call on the Hawks was pretty weak and why did the ref wait so long to make the call on the trip on Keith towards the end of the period?

I have never seen a team get this many fortunate bounces. Not only are they a good team playing well, but they get so many good bounces. The one game the Hawks start putting the puck in the net....Boston gets all these flukey bounces right on their tape. Hawks still look good tonight though.

Wow Hawks get lucky there. I'm finally glad Bergeron is getting the recognition he has deserved over the last 4-5 years. I have been a huge fan since he was in GF and nobody but real hockey fans understand how good this guy actually is. In my book he's top 5 forward in the game. No doubt in my mind. He would probably have even more accolades had he not had his brain mashed a few years back.

Hawks look pretty good but a bad goal for Boston and a really flukey bounce have the Bruins right in it and with all the momentum again. Some might look at the Hawks having 4 goals and think Rask wasn't that great tonight but they would be wrong as he has been very good again and he came up huge on a couple great chances.

Without Crawford reverting to past seasons form this game is over. Hawks have played pretty well aside from the goaltending position but with the sudden death situation and the way Crawford has played tonight it has got to be a scarry situation for them.