SiouxSports.com Forum

Stanley Cup Finals

Speez

Blackhawks get called for two too-many-men calls in the OTs; I saw the Bruins get a stick up in the face of a defenseman and at least one hold (on Toews) and a trip uncalled.

I shake my head at how the NHL game changes (is called differently) in the post-season.

Blackhawks get called for two too-many-men calls in the OTs; I saw the Bruins get a stick up in the face of a defenseman and at least one hold (on Toews) and a trip uncalled.

I shake my head at how the NHL game changes (is called differently) in the post-season.

Wow. 4 of 6 Chicago players standing right by the boards in a pack and the puck shoots out from right in the middle of them...that was an obvious call, Stanley Cup final, regular season game, or pre-season game.

Well, the refs missed a third too-many-men on Chicago in OT, but who's counting?

Overall I thought the players did a hell of a job of keeping it clean throughout the OTs and not really giving us a whole lot of reason to talk about the refs swallowing their whistles.

Coming from a Hawks fan, it was pretty obvious.

Guys, I was pointing out that 'the marble' didn't go pocket to pocket in OT like it normally does.

but the hawks too many men calls were correct and other than that they let everything else go on both sides. I'm pretty sure that if boston would have had an obvious too many men onthe ice it would have been called as well. no need to play even up calls on dumb mental lapses by the hawks including one by toews.

I'm a hawks fan and I thought the game was called pretty good unless I missed something. I actually thought the first interference call on boston was weak, Im glad chicago didn't score on on that pp that got turned into a 5 on 3. I think this is going to be an exciting series watch!

Anyone see the issed too many men on the ice call by the hawks in the second OT I believe.....they had 6 guys on the ice for like 40 seconds!

Yep, I referenced it above...they even broke it down on the postgame or in the 2nd OT intermission. It was the worst offense of the three.

This series certainly has the possibility of going 7, doesn't it? Why, oh why does the NBA generate so much hype when the NHL playoffs are infinitely superior?

Because ABC/ESPN owns the broadcast rights and they marketing (ESPN) what they are producing (on ABC).

if the hawks can't find a way to solve rask this series will be over next saturday. i'd be shocked if the bruins don't win the next two.

I disagree Hawks need to clean up the turnovers but they completely dominated the 1st half of the game yesterday. Right now this series has some of the same feeling as the Hawks/Detroit series to me where Howard really just kept Detroit in it but eventually they started to get to him. I think it is very beneficial to Chicago that there isn't an extra day of rest between game 2 and 3 and think the Hawks will take game 3 on Monday.