SiouxSports.com Forum

Stanley Cup Finals

Speez

I gotta think Leafs fans are viewing this as karma.

I was watching the CBC opening and they were showing fans coming into the arena and one of them looks in the cameral and yells either "Thanks Toronto: or "Thanks Maple Leafs" and I couldn't help but laugh.

What was the point of that rant, you knew what I meant.

Actually I didn't.

If JT was traded to the Boston Bruins before midnight tonight, 2/3 of the Blackhawk 'fans' on this board would be sporting #19 black, yellow, and white Boston jerseys by noon tomorrow.

• Upvote 3

Actually I didn't.

If JT was traded to the Boston Bruins before midnight tonight, 2/3 of the Blackhawk 'fans' on this board would be sporting #19 black, yellow, and white Boston jerseys by noon tomorrow.

Filler statement. Red Wings are old.

• Upvote 2

Actually I didn't.

Maybe some would but I'm a Hawks fan and just enjoy that Toews is a part of it. I follow all the Sioux players around the NHL but I'm definitely not a fan of some of the teams, definitely won't be a Kings fan even though I really like Frattin.

• Upvote 2

Actually I didn't.

Why would they get a Tyler Seguin jersey?

Bergeron played with a broken rib, torn cartilage and a separated shoulder...wow!

And $20M/yr Mauer has missed significant time in the past for "tired legs".

Pretty amazing how NHL players will themselves to play.

Don't know if there is a better 8 week stretch to watch sports than during the chase for the Cup.

Actually I didn't.

You may be right however, there is a relationship between Blackhawk fans and Fighting Sioux hockey unlike any other NHL team. I've been to 12 different NHL arenas, some multiple times, and its Blackhawk fans that stop me the most and want to talk about the Sioux jersey I'm wearing. They talk about Murray, Belfour, and Toews knowing were they all came from. Hawk fans will pass by in the concourse and yell "Go Sioux". The two games I've attended in Chicago were ridiculous the number of times people yelled "Go Sioux". It almost got annoying. I had a Hawks fan stop me in restaurant in Anehiem before a Ducks game and told me "I can't tell you how much I love that jersey". Another reason Sioux fans cheer for the Hawks is they have the best logo in all of sports.

• Upvote 3

And $20M/yr Mauer has missed significant time in the past for "tired legs".

Pretty amazing how NHL players will themselves to play.

While at Target Field a few weeks ago, when the 'not in the line-up' players were announced, a buddy of mine jumps up and yells out "Mauer out with split ends!". I guess the whole section burst out in laughter.

While at Target Field a few weeks ago, when the 'not in the line-up' players were announced, a buddy of mine jumps up and yells out "Mauer out with split ends!". I guess the whole section burst out in laughter.

We were there a couple weeks ago and both Justin and Joe played...guess Gardie had 2 short straws in his hand that day!!!

You may be right however, there is a relationship between Blackhawk fans and Fighting Sioux hockey unlike any other NHL team. I've been to 12 different NHL arenas, some multiple times, and its Blackhawk fans that stop me the most and want to talk about the Sioux jersey I'm wearing. They talk about Murray, Belfour, and Toews knowing were they all came from. Hawk fans will pass by in the concourse and yell "Go Sioux". The two games I've attended in Chicago were ridiculous the number of times people yelled "Go Sioux". It almost got annoying. I had a Hawks fan stop me in restaurant in Aneheim before a Ducks game and told me "I can't tell you how much I love that jersey". Another reason Sioux fans cheer for the Hawks is they have the second best logo in all of sports, right behind the Red Wings.

I concede that the Blackhawks and Fighting Sioux have kind of a shared history with respect to players like Troy Murray, Ed Belfour, and Toews, not to mention the logo connection going back several decades. What jersey is it that you've been wearing that gets you noticed? Is it a Blackhawk-style from the 1970's or 1980's?

Fixed the last sentence of your post, too...

Filler statement. Red Wings are old.

Interesting statement of your own since both teams have 8 players who are over 30 on their roster. Obviously I'd trade Datsyuk and Zetterberg and their age straight up for Kane and Toews and their youth but the best Red Wings in the Chicago series were younger guys like Jimmy Howard and Gustav Nyquist. Given that this was supposed to be a 'rebuilding' year in Detroit, I think most Red Wings fans would say the results this playoff run give fans optimism heading into 2013-2014.

Hawks really need at least one stay at home, physical shut D-man IMO.

Although with Chara on ice for 10 of last 12 Hawk's goals...maybe not.

I know Kane was a pretty worthy choice as playoff MVP, but I thought Chara was really the best player on the ice in this series...for Chicago, not Boston, that is. :lol:

I concede that the Blackhawks and Fighting Sioux have kind of a shared history with respect to players like Troy Murray, Ed Belfour, and Toews, not to mention the logo connection going back several decades. What jersey is it that you've been wearing that gets you noticed? Is it a Blackhawk-style from the 1970's or 1980's?

Fixed the last sentence of your post, too...

The jerseys from 2001-09. I'll also add that with my experiences at NHL games, Redwings are great fans that rarely talk smack and travel well. Same can be said about the Bruins. I was at a game in Florida when they played the Panthers in February and the Bruins fan were in large numbers and were loud, but extremely respectful to Panther fans. I was impressed.

Hawks really need at least one stay at home, physical shut D-man IMO.

Although with Chara on ice for 10 of last 12 Hawk's goals...maybe not.

I heard last night on NHL Network that Chara was probably hurt as well.