SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Practices

WeAreNorthDakota

Defense looked pretty good today. Seems like the scheme was more simple but guys were just playing. They were hitting and getting after the O.

Someone mentioned it earlier but I thought Butler played well at safety today. He is athletic enough to provide coverage but is physical and seems to enjoy filling the running lanes. Hopefully he keeps progressing and stays elgible.

WR's looked real, real good today. Everyone contributed.

QBs appeared to be as good as advertised. Another week of spring ball, this summer passing game and next fall and I'm confident with either Bartels or Molberg. I just hope the coaches don't have a quick hook with whomever starts cause they will make mistakes as a freshmen.

I agree, Shaugby was our best running back today. Still think the O-line needs to have a big summer, need to get more physical.

Overall- fun day today. I'm glad I made the drive from Fargo to check it out.

This entire team needs to stick around this summer. We need to get stronger and continue to develop as a team. This has to be the message from teh coaches starting the day spring ball is over.

Golladay is going to be something special. One heck of an athlete who makes tough catches look easy. It was good to see Townsend getting some balls also.

Both QBs had good days. Bartels TD was a perfect pass. When they let the QBs go live I think you will see Mollberg move the ball very effectively with his feet. I would not want to be a 175 lb CB facing him as he comes around the corner. He also threw some absolute bullets. Bartels seems to be more of a pocket passer, while I liked what they did with Mollberg on the roll-outs. Either way UND has two very solid, and what appears to be, good young men, leading them at QB.

I still think the defense is going to give up a ton of points this year.

Was anyone else pleased with the attendance today? It was a good turnout. Much better than last year. It was good to see and everyone got to see some good ball.

I thought it was better than last year for attendance, but I didn't get a good look at the upper part. I was surprised at how few vendors were giving out food. Was there at noon and only 5 or 6 were which was strange because the list put out by und athletics had probably double that.

Just watched the highlight package put together at undsports.com. Wow did #19 have himself a day. We've been hearing all day about how he amazed today, and those highlights back it up every bit. They need to get that young man the football as much as possible.

I think it's a good thing that Robertson didn't get much action today. It means that the wr position is at the point where it takes more than talent to get a major role. It will make him work harder and the team better in the long run. He'll keep busting his ass and once he learns the play book he'll be a huge factor.

I didn't see too many missed tackles today...

That was something that I was looking for as well. It was refreshing to see them wrap up.

Otherwise I thought the team in general looked much better than last year. Let's hope they stick around GF and bust their asses this summer.

From the highlights as well saw some good poise from the QBs. Although it may be easy to have more poise when you know you're not going to get hit at all.

Hanson looks so small on the video. Glad they've got a Grafton kid on the roster, but probably won't see the field with who is ahead of him.

That was something that I was looking for as well. It was refreshing to see them wrap up.

Otherwise I thought the team in general looked much better than last year. Let's hope they stick around GF and bust their asses this summer.

Are scholarship players required to stay in GF or is it a choice?

Just from what I've read in the media it sounds like our young QB's are showing some real potential and promise. That was good to hear.

Mollberg looked really good. Bartels only incompletion was a drop by Hardin. Even in a spring game with only 10 throws that is impressive. If Bartels can throw a nice ball consistently he could win this job. That's the major advantage that Mollberg has on him right now is that all of his throws are tight and he doesn't float an ducks out there.

For as long as Bohl has been coach. All are here for summer work outs. It's just part of the deal.

Hmmm....I wonder why they have so much success? Bohl does such a remarkable job of having such a united team. A former student of mine plays for him and just beams about him. They truly all play for the one greater cause than themselves.

I'd like to see that become a policy for the UND football team as well. Part of you being on the football team is staying around with the group in the summer time to get better together.

• Upvote 1

Not sure it's been mentioned here, but on top of the spring game being available online for free they are also offering it on demand for the week after. Great for me as I won't be able to watch live.

Where can you find the replay of the full game? I can only find the highlights on demand

Edit: found it

Hmmm....I wonder why they have so much success? Bohl does such a remarkable job of having such a united team. A former student of mine plays for him and just beams about him. They truly all play for the one greater cause than themselves.

I'd like to see that become a policy for the UND football team as well. Part of you being on the football team is staying around with the group in the summer time to get better together.

Thier summer participation is due more to Coach Kramer than Bohl. From my understanding since after 2009 they get about 90% summer participation from returning players after mid-June. We generally have a lot of guys stick around but need it to be everyone.

When I was a college student I went home every summer, and basically did nothing but work, drink, and softball. I had some friends that were on the UND football team that went home and basically lifted on their own with a team prescribed plan, but didn't get back to GF until fall ball started.

Would like to see a united group stick in Grand Forks for the summer, and come August be well ahead of where they started last year.