SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs MICHIGAN TECH - Sunday Game 3

AZSIOUX

Last night was pathetic. So little effort, determination or fire...

Mattson looked especially awful to me

Mattson looked rusty. There were a lot of guys with really good effort. Just a couple that were a bit passive. Insert Jim on the 4th line and get the cycle rolling on all lines and steamroll the rest of the way.

Few thoughts

Would go with Zane, hell both goalies have has multiple chances to grab the keys to this bus but haven't.

Cag in over odonnell then do whatever with the lines I guess. Not saying cags on first line :) no way...

Panz may be useful in a physical series like this. He could easily replace Gleason or Mattson. My money would be on Mattson the Hak has been doing things.

I'm sure chyzk/cagg would be ready to fly around if asked upon. Couldn't be any more un noticeable than OD has been this entire season. That's not a good sign for cags or chyzk

These thoughts just aren't from last night. More as a whole. Whoever plays tonight has to bring it or there is a chance they could slip off the NCAA tourney bubble.

UND 4-2 go sioux

Hopefully the boys had a great night sleep dreaming about jumping skates, snicking passes, and holding cups aloft.

Yeah, it would have been nice to get the stick salute in our last WCHA home series, but it ain't happening, and we need to lace up the skates, get out there and get the job done.

We have the horses. Our goaltending is fine. We need our d-men to play with some purpose, and by that I don't mean getting skated past and then dragging down the attacker. And our goal scorers need to start goal scoring. Our passing really needs to improve. I am used to seeing sloppy or poorly timed passing with Sioux squads, but not after the break. That has been Hak's MO - come out hard and tough after the break.

Finally, the officiating is really disgraceful. The WCHA should be absolutely embarrassed by this ref crew's performance. The fact that it is happening in the playoffs is really troubling. But it is what it is, and we need to get out there and play OUR game, and win this series. That means playing smart as well as hard.

How is the weather up there. Tempted to hop in car and make 5 1/2 trip to GF from Southern MN!

Regarding the weather Ice Arena Man, very cold for mid Mar (was -13 about 3 hours ago, just cracked 0). Fairly clear/calm right now I think but winter weather/storm warning starting today/eve, with 4 - 6 inches snow expected overnight and strong wind & more nd snow on Mon. If you can stay overnight Mon (good chance might need to) then you could make it up now for tonight's game.

How is the weather up there. Tempted to hop in car and make 5 1/2 trip to GF from Southern MN!

The forecast is lousy. Most of the area is under a winter storm warning until 7 pm Monday night. If you drive up you will likely get there for a nice couple of days in Grand Forks. Good luck. Me, I am unfortunately staying home. I caught a nasty cold, and my wife has stuff on Monday and we can't risk getting stranded in GF.

Nice to see you in Mankato.

It will be the same crew. I looked back to the last time it went three games and it was the same crew for all three.

Yes that's correct but I believe the coaches may have a say. I'm guessing most of the time they roll with the same guys but after Friday I wouldn't be supposed if it was changed if possible

I think Clark should be back in there. The goaltending wasn't the issue last night.

This is my lineup for tonight, take it for what its worth:

Kristo-Knight-Rocco

Mark-Rowney-Parks

Mitch-Gaarder-St. Clair

Rodwell-Pattyn-Jim or Chyzyk

I have no clue with what to do with the d pairings, but you have to find a way to get Panzarella into the lineup for his physicality.

• Upvote 1