SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs MICHIGAN TECH - Saturday Game 2

AZSIOUX

Seniors can go out in style tonight!!

Lets GO SIOUX!!

6-2 UND

@SchlossmanGF: Danny Kristo 2 points shy of joining 50-point club. UND's 50-pt scorers in last decade: Frattin, Duncan, Oshie, Bochenski, Parise.

Will be a point of discussion all day, but I'm thinking Hak goes with Zane. Best thing for a goalie after shaky play is to get back into the net. At the same time, when you're playing for playoff position and the NCAA tourney, you can't have subpar goaltending show its ugly head at this time of the year. And as a former goalie, crap like that stays with you....

I'll trust Hak's decision tonight.

Hitch up the dog sled, tighten the lugs on the snow tires,..... the ol lady and I are skating our way from Bismarck for the last WCHA game ever at the Ralph......

LET'S GO SIOUX - LET'S GO SIOUX - LET'S GO SIOUX

Drive safe and bring them luck. Mandan Sioux Fan here

Will be a point of discussion all day, but I'm thinking Hak goes with Zane. Best thing for a goalie after shaky play is to get back into the net. At the same time, when you're playing for playoff position and the NCAA tourney, you can't have subpar goaltending show its ugly head at this time of the year. And as a former goalie, crap like that stays with you....

I would be fine either way too. For me it is a team game, so if that means Saunders, so be it.

I agree with you and will trust whatever Hak goes with and be fine with it.

Just watched the hit from last night again...just burns me up...shoulder to shoulder...Mac doesn't even skate into him. That is as clean a hockey check as you see in open ice...Johnstone even had his head up and went into the hit. Junk.

Guy got hurt. Not good. Never want to see a guy carried off. At the same time the video of the hit should be shown to young defensemen everywhere. Perfect open ice hit on a guy. Didn't jump into him, wasn't charging because he didn't stride into him, kept his elbow tucked and met him shoulder to shoulder so it created minimal chance for any type of contact to the head.

Its not easy to officiate a game with the pace of hockey. They need to review hits like this so they can come up with a lame two minute charging call or something like that instead of sending a guy down the runway when all he did was make a clean play where unfortunately a player was hurt.

Unless an apology was issued by Marco to Mac/UND prior to the game no way I would send Mac out to meet with those clown during warm ups.

I like to think our team and coaching staff have more class than that. Now is the not time for stupid retaliation for a done deal.

Absolutely brutal BS call. Gotta bring in in replay on those to decide if a major or even just a 2 min penalty. Changes the game to much to kick a player out when the call is wrong. It will be interesting if the Mich Tech player go after McWilliam? If they view the replay, they should be smart enough engineers to know it was a good, clean, hard hockey check--nothing more.

Absolutely brutal BS call. Gotta bring in in replay on those to decide if a major or even just a 2 min penalty. Changes the game to much to kick a player out when the call is wrong. It will be interesting if the Mich Tech player go after McWilliam? If they view the replay, they should be smart enough engineers to know it was a good, clean, hard hockey check--nothing more.

This is where I believe the officials made the game chippy. By calling it a major contact to the head penalty, Tech was out for blood the rest of the game. I don't blame them, I would be too. If one of their d men lights up Kristo and ends his season and the officials call it a hit to the head without me seeing a replay I'm not going to take it easy on Tech in the corners.

I like to think our team and coaching staff have more class than that. Now is the not time for stupid retaliation for a done deal.

That's why there are guys that wear the A. No reason to have an unnecessary exchange of words especially when these refs seem to like to provoke lots of situations.