SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Awards- Who do you pick?

yzerman19

So, here goes my selections for awards:

POTY- Ryan Walters (UNO)

ROTY- Stephon Williams (MSUM)

DOTY- Nate Schmidt (Minn)

COTY- Bobby Motzko (SCSU)

First Team- Walters, Kristo (UND), Haula (Minn), Schmidt, Jensen (SCSU), Williams

Second Team- Knight (UND), LeBlanc (SCSU), Archibald (UNO), Boivin (CC), LeLeggia (DU), Peterson (WI)

Third Team- Schwartz (CC), Leitner (MSUM), Krushelneski (CC), Prochno (SCSU), MacWilliam (UND), Wilcox (Minn)

Rookie Team- Petan (MTU), Cameranesi (UMD), Grimaldi (UND), Welinski (UMD), Zajac (DU), Williams

POTY- Ryan Walters (UNO)

First Team- Walters, Kristo (UND), Haula (Minn), Schmidt, Jensen (SCSU), Williams

Second Team- Knight (UND), LeBlanc (SCSU), Archibald (UNO), Boivin (CC), LeLeggia (DU), Peterson (WI)

Third Team- Schwartz (CC), Leitner (MSUM), Krushelneski (CC), Prochno (SCSU), MacWilliam (UND), Wilcox (Minn)

Rookie Team- Petan (MTU), Cameranesi (UMD), Grimaldi (UND), Welinski (UMD), Zajac (DU), Williams

Much better than that clown Bruce Ciskie. Good God, that guy has no clue.

• Upvote 1

Much better than that clown Bruce Ciskie. Good God, that guy has no clue.

http://ciskie.blogspot.com/2013/03/one-mans-all-wcha-ballot.html

Knight on the 3rd team is laughable. He has Hayes from MSUM on the 1st team. In WCHA games, Hayes has scored 11 less points than Knight (in one more game than Knight as well). Not to mention the intangibles that Knight brings with his strong defensive game and faceoff domination.

POTY- Ryan Walters (UNO)

Looks good to me. Do to my work schedule this winter, I wasn't able to watch as many other games as I'd have liked, but I doubt Mac will get third team. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, but these votes definitely tend to favor the offensive defenseman.

My Selections

POTY- Danny Kristo (UND)

DOTY- Nate Schmidt (MINN)

COTY- Mike Hastings (MSUM)

1st Team- Ryan Walters(UNO)- Eric Haula(MINN)- Danny Kristo(UND)- Nate Schmidt(MINN)- Nick Jensen(SCSU)- Stephon Wiliams(MSUM)

2nd Team- Nick Bjugstad(MINN)- Corban Knight(UND)- Drew LeBlanc(SCSU)- Joey LaLeggia(DU)- Andrew Prochno(SCSU)- Adam Wilcox (MINN)

3rd Team- Matt Leitner(MSUM)- Alexander Krushelnyski(CC)- Rylan Schwartz(CC)- Mike Bovin(CC)- Dillon Simpson (UND)- Ryan Faragher (SCSU)

Rookie Team- Alex Petan(Tech)- Rocco Grimaldi (UND)- Jonny Brodzinski(SCSU)- Nolan Zajac(DU)- Mike Reilly (MINN)- Stephon Williams(MSUM)

My Selections

POTY- Danny Kristo (UND)

1st Team- Ryan Walters(UNO)- Eric Haula(MINN)- Danny Kristo(UND)- Nate Schmidt(MINN)- Nick Jensen(SCSU)- Stephon Wiliams(MSUM)

2nd Team- Nick Bjugstad(MINN)- Corban Knight(UND)- Drew LeBlanc(SCSU)- Joey LaLeggia(DU)- Andrew Prochno(SCSU)- Adam Wilcox (MINN)

3rd Team- Matt Leitner(MSUM)- Alexander Krushelnyski(CC)- Rylan Schwartz(CC)- Mike Bovin(CC)- Dillon Simpson (UND)- Ryan Faragher (SCSU)

Rookie Team- Alex Petan(Tech)- Rocco Grimaldi (UND)- Jonny Brodzinski(SCSU)- Nolan Zajac(DU)- Mike Reilly (MINN)- Stephon Williams(MSUM)

We're pretty closely aligned. I put Archie in due to the fact that he led the conference in goal scoring. I thought Bjugstad was kind of a disappointment this year in terms of production- although he was a menace every time he took the ice.

We're pretty closely aligned. I put Archie in due to the fact that he led the conference in goal scoring. I thought Bjugstad was kind of a disappointment this year in terms of production- although he was a menace every time he took the ice.

Yeah I just noticed Bjugstad much more on the ice and making plays when I watched Minnesota games than I did Archibald watching UNO games. Some very tough picks as always with the teams and especially the all rookie team forwards.

http://ciskie.blogsp...cha-ballot.html

Knight on the 3rd team is laughable. He has Hayes from MSUM on the 1st team. In WCHA games, Hayes has scored 11 less points than Knight (in one more game than Knight as well). Not to mention the intangibles that Knight brings with his strong defensive game and faceoff domination.

I'm of the belief that he selects his ballot just to get a rise out of UND fans. Guess he is good at that.

• Upvote 1

My Selections

POTY- Danny Kristo (UND)

These look real good to me. Ciskie putting Knight third team is a joke. Should be interesting to see who wins DOTY between Schmidt and Jensen.

If I made picks, Bjugstad likely wouldn't be on mine. Maybe 3rd team.

No love for Rocco....sigh.

Bury your chances Rocco....bury em!!!! :lol:

Of all the Freshman listed I don't know if I trade Rocco for any of them? No green goggles, homer crap, etc. Who do you trade Rocco for of all the great Freshman in the league? Maybe Stephon, but thats because I'm a biased former goaltender.

I agree with Andy except I'd put LeBlanc on the first team and Haula on the second.

I'd also put Williams on the first or second team goalie. He is the reason Mankato is where they are.

Best defenseman I've seen this year is Jensen.

Don't understand his comments though on Knight and Bjugstad in faceoffs. Also if Bjugstad is the most dominat player in the league then why isn't he on the first team?

Ciskie is the ultimate homer and Sioux hater. Knight on the third team? Joke. Eriah Hayes on the first team? Joke. three Duluth players on the rookie team? Really? He'd have an all Duluth team if they hadn't been so bad in the beginning of the season.

How is the most dominant player in the league fifteen points back of the league leader in points?

Ciskie is the ultimate homer and Sioux hater. Knight on the third team? Joke. Eriah Hayes on the first team? Joke. three Duluth players on the rookie team? Really? He'd have an all Duluth team if they hadn't been so bad in the beginning of the season.

Never took too much stock in Zitskies opinions but I guess he is entitled to them. I was surprised he had Marco Peluso on his honorable mention list...:)

I agree with Andy except I'd put LeBlanc on the first team and Haula on the second.

I'd also put Williams on the first or second team goalie. He is the reason Mankato is where they are.

Best defenseman I've seen this year is Jensen.

Don't understand his comments though on Knight and Bjugstad in faceoffs. Also if Bjugstad is the most dominat player in the league then why isn't he on the first team?

Bjustad can, and has been the most dominant player in the league for long stretches. But that doesn't always translate to points. If the choices were made on straight points, a ballot wouldn't be necessary. He's a top 9 forward in the league, regardless of his point totals.

Bjustad can, and has been the most dominant player in the league for long stretches. But that doesn't always translate to points. If the choices were made on straight points, a ballot wouldn't be necessary. He's a top 9 forward in the league, regardless of his point totals.

Best talent in the WCHA and can be the most dominant when he decides to play hard which isn't as often as it should be.

Best talent in the WCHA and can be the most dominant when he decides to play hard which isn't as often as it should be.

I've watched almost every game of Bjugstad's Gopher career and I couldn't disagree more with you. This isn't Jordan Schroeder were talking about here. His effort has never once been a problem.

I've watched almost every game of Bjugstad's Gopher career and I couldn't disagree more with you. This isn't Jordan Schroeder were talking about here. His effort has never once been a problem.

Fair enough as I have only seen a handful of his games on TV this season...then he just isn't as good as we all think then. At some point his supposed talent and actual numbers produced need to match up. If he plays hard and his talent is the best in the WCHA his production should be near the top of the league and it isn't.