SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MANKATO - Saturday WCHA finale

AZSIOUX

With prick fans like Mariucci on this site representing Minnesota, I hope Bruce McLeod asks Don Lucia for it back while still on the ice for the Broadmoor Trophy presentation!

I don't think they should make plans of showing it at any summer picnics, Bruce will probably swing through Minnesota on his way home from Pittsburgh and be knocking on doors.

The only year I really minded the Minnesota rule is when UND had the quick turnaround against Denver because of it (The Bina game).

No team that ever won on Thursday night, won on Friday afternoon. Plenty came close, but just didn't have the legs to get over the hump. Duluth came close against CC one year, same for the Sioux against Denver that day.

The only year I really minded the Minnesota rule is when UND had the quick turnaround against Denver because of it (The Bina game).

No team that ever won on Thursday night, won on Friday afternoon. Plenty came close, but just didn't have the legs to get over the hump. Duluth came close against CC one year, same for the Sioux against Denver that day.

Yea, playing at 7pm on Thursday and then 2pm on Friday really is bogus.

Back in my college days, I would get pretty ticked after any loss by the team. After a few seasons I realized that was a pretty rough way to spend my weekends if the team didn't manage a sweep.

Now, while I still get disappointed by losses (some more than others), I only truly am upset/ticked with one that ends our season.

I don't think that I am any less of a fan because of that. I roll with this team through thick and thin, wins and losses (sometimes a buttload of ties), good performances and bad performances. I don't normally bash the athletes or the coaches, mainly because they know a heck of a lot more about hockey than I do and because it won't do a darn bit of good anyway.

I bleed Fighting Sioux green and I believe that this team can win a national title. Will they? Who knows, I'll enjoy the ride either way. But maybe they can surprise some people in April and bring the big trophy back to GF.

• Upvote 4

Was at both games this weekend. The Saturday night game was a tremendous game, a real barn burner. The Sioux transition game was really flying at times, especially in the first period. Both goalies played outstanding. From what I have seen this year, Williams for MSU is as good a goalie as anyone in the WCHA. He made some incredible saves both nights. Gothberg played great tonight too. Twice I thought Grimaldi was going to win the game from point blank up the middle and both times Williams made the save. MSU is a very good team. They skate and pass very well and they have outstanding goaltending. I would guess their primary weakness is lack of experience at being this good. While it is disappointing the Sioux lost the game, they had their chances to win this game and MSU rose to the occasion. It was great skating, and not the junk that BSU and WI play.

I had several different MSU fan groups comment to me after the Saturday night game that UND and the program are a class act.

If anything, the last two weekends have shown how much this team misses Brock Nelson. While Grimaldi fits well on the top line, it is putting all your eggs in one basket and Bemidji showed it is possible to shut down that line, especially if the officiating cooperates. Rocco fit in very well with the Rowney line and made it a threat. The problem is there needs to be someone to play with Kristo and Knight. Nelson would have filled that nicely and UND would be a powerhouse. The best solution would be to leave Grimaldi with Rowney if someone else can be found that can mesh with the top line. It is a hell of a situation to be in heading into the playoffs.

Well we have to get lucky in the playoffs...this team is not very consistent but can play great at times. I was also at both games and msu did play better than the Sioux for much of both games. The Sioux definitely had their moments but overall I have seen them play better. A splits a split but I thought the Sioux should have gotten up for last nights game, I'm not saying they weren't trying but they didn't play their best hockey. Another typical weekend from this team.

We needed help to get the 2nd seed even with a win. Just means we get to watch em an extra time at the X!

Danny and Corbin each have 1 point in last 3 games. Has to change if this team as a legit shot in NCAA. Get Rocco back up there...it's March time to lock it in.

I watched Bemidji and Minny again tonight, siouxvikes. The game was 2-1 late in the second and Goldy picked up a cheap late one. Even Gopher homer announcers pointed out that Minnesota was dominated un the 2nd period, yet still somehow led by 2. In the 3rd, the Beavers had SEVERAL great chances but Wilcox made some great saves. Minny picked up two cheapies late in the game to make the final 5-1.

Lol. This post is fairly ridiculous. MN out shot them 23-10 in the 2nd where they were apparently "dominated". And to call an upper corner water bottle shot of Paretua's a "cheapie" is pretty rich. You don't see a lot of 5-1 games where the winner was outplayed and got a cheap win. Let me guess...it was the refs giving it to us right?

Lol. This post is fairly ridiculous. MN out shot them 23-10 in the 2nd where they were apparently "dominated". And to call an upper corner water bottle shot of Paretua's a "cheapie" is pretty rich. You don't see a lot of 5-1 games where the winner was outplayed and got a cheap win. Let me guess...it was the refs giving it to us right?

Go back to GPL and stay there. Ridiculous post or not, if you care enough about your team, then you you shouldn't care one bit about what's being said here.

Isakson's goal came at the 19:59 mark of the 3rd period. But, go ahead, just look at the box score and call it an a$$-kicking.

Using the same logic, UND outshot BSU last Saturday 30-18 and yet the entire team should be bag-skated til they puke because they embarrassed Fighting Sioux tradition with their play that night?

Using the same logic, UND outshot BSU last Saturday 30-18 and yet the entire team should be bag-skated til they puke because they embarrassed Fighting Sioux tradition with their play that night?

The game was probably worse than a post game bag skate, given they had to drag Bemidji players around with them for most of the game.

Back in my college days, I would get pretty ticked after any loss by the team. After a few seasons I realized that was a pretty rough way to spend my weekends if the team didn't manage a sweep.

Now, while I still get disappointed by losses (some more than others), I only truly am upset/ticked with one that ends our season.

I don't think that I am any less of a fan because of that. I roll with this team through thick and thin, wins and losses (sometimes a buttload of ties), good performances and bad performances. I don't normally bash the athletes or the coaches, mainly because they know a heck of a lot more about hockey than I do and because it won't do a darn bit of good anyway.

I bleed Fighting Sioux green and I believe that this team can win a national title. Will they? Who knows, I'll enjoy the ride either way. But maybe they can surprise some people in April and bring the big trophy back to GF.

This almost describes me to a tee as well.

• Upvote 1

I'm a hard-core fan that is one of the worst losers you'll ever find. I expect UND to win every game. I put way way way too much emotion in college hockey, and my wife won't talk to me when I watch games.

I've only missed the final five once in the last 11 years. In the middle of gopher fans for the Potulny game winner, and the Wheeler game winner. What gets me is when supposed fans of my favorite team CONSTANTLY rag on them. I question coaching decisions, I question certain guys ability to play for them. But in the end, I'll back them.

A poster said it best a few days ago....If this team is so disappointing to some, why follow them? I want to throw the TV out the window, and throw somebody under the bus.....But I don't know if a true fan would constantly do that. Maybe I'm wrong....

We just haven't been able to find an answer for that. D break downs have really killed us. There just hasn't been much improvement there and overall in the last few years the d had been sub par. The only thing different this year is the tender is a little more solid able to bail them out. I hope they find it cause this time of the year one sloppy goal sends you home.

Its been an interesting year highs and lows. High light Omaha outdoor game. Joining in with the mob in the stands cheering the team as they walked through the tunnel. Priceless.

Haha I know, no way minny loses even a period to bsu