SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. Bemidji State

AZSIOUX

I'm hoping for 6/8 pts to finish the season and we'll be in great shape going into the WCHA tourney. Anyone below the top 3 are in for a really tough series even at home.

The goal is top 3 going into the tourney, ideally 8/8 and a WCHA crown, but I'm trying to be realistic. It's hard to make up 3 pts when SCSU has MT this weekend....

I think in the past for Sr night that someone who wasn't a starting goalie started until the first whistle. At worst we give up a quick goal. I would like to see Tater start and then if we get a big lead he can come back in.

I don't see that happening, Hak has made reference inthe past to that's is not how they do things here or something along those lines. these points are too precious to be starting tate for a game. now if we are up by four goals entering the third on sat night, that might be a different story.

According to a tweet, both games this weekend are on FOX College Sports Central. Hopefully I can find a place in the ATL to watch both games.

I would think a nice tip to a bartender should do the trick. As for FCSC they are scheduled which as we all know is subject to change. Which I sure hope they don't change.

I think in the past for Sr night that someone who wasn't a starting goalie started until the first whistle. At worst we give up a quick goal. I would like to see Tater start and then if we get a big lead he can come back in.

There is no way we see Tate, unless we have a 3+ goal lead in the 3rd. In the WCHA you don't just give away a goal even if it's senior night. But I do feel for him, its not easy being a backup for 4 years. Then again he's playing D-1 hockey, that happens, the best players play.

Tate came here knowing full well he was a practice goalie. That is not a knock on him AT ALL. I would love to see him get some ice time, but he knows what his job is, that's why he takes it in stride and has a great time doing what he can to help the team. I'm sure he would love to get on the ice, but things are still too tight. I think the boys are going to try hard and get a nice lead for Tate to come in, but if it doesn't happen, I don't think Mr. Maris will be upset.

• Upvote 2

Tate came here knowing full well he was a practice goalie. That is not a knock on him AT ALL. I would love to see him get some ice time, but he knows what his job is, that's why he takes it in stride and has a great time doing what he can to help the team. I'm sure he would love to get on the ice, but things are still too tight. I think the boys are going to try hard and get a nice lead for Tate to come in, but if it doesn't happen, I don't think Mr. Maris will be upset.

I doubt he will score on himself and flip off the coaches as he skates of the ice. :) When they go to a regional will Tate get to go with, as he should?

Well said! He's a great teammate that knows his role pretty much like every 3rd string in his shoes across the nation does

I think in those instances, it was the second-string goalie in question, not the third. I don't think Tate will start, but I hope the boys play their butts off so the coaches have little reason not to give him a couple minutes.

I agree with Big A HG...I don't think Tate would be upset if he doesn't get ice time; he knows his role and does it to perfection. I just think it's something that we as fans and his teammates want as a way to reward him for being such a character guy.

Tate actually came here not thinking he would play for UND. He was given an opportunity to try out because of a shortage in goalies and he has stuck with the team ever since!

Just took a look at BSUs schedule. Tough season for them as a whole. My 2nd fav team and sure hope they can make a run at a WCHA title someday soon!

6 total wins this season. Wins @ UNO, vs Lake Superior, Uaa, Umd home and away.

BSU has played on 9 overtimes with 6 ties and 3 ot looses.

1-9-4 since new year. Been a rough ride for BSU

Surprised he wasn't in Denver!

Rodwell, general and jimmer on the 4th and st Clair with the mc's. that's my 3rd and 4th. Would rather see odonnell on the 3rd but I think he's hanging on by a thin string right now for any spot

Surprised he wasn't in Denver!

Rodwell, general and jimmer on the 4th and st Clair with the mc's. that's my 3rd and 4th. Would rather see odonnell on the 3rd but I think he's hanging on by a thin string right now for any spot

I'd much rather have Odonnel instead of Mitch on the 3rd line.

And I'm not sure what I'llthink if the 4th line isnt Pattyn Rodwell and Jim on Friday.

I'd much rather have Odonnel instead of Mitch on the 3rd line.

And I'm not sure what I'llthink if the 4th line isnt Pattyn Rodwell and Jim on Friday.

Mitch has been just ok. Neither have done much but the way the lineups have been i don't see Mitch sitting so its a toss between st Clair, gaarder and odonnell for that 3rd line spot if Rodwell does return to the lineup

just win and nobody will care about which 11th and 12th guy is in or out :)

• Upvote 1

This is the next biggest series of the year. I am thinking 4 pts this weekend will place us in a top 3 lock. MSUM will take a beating in CC and DU will take at least 2 pts from Minnesota. Omaha is not looking good at all. Lets make hay when the sun shines.

While we are on Cliche's lets strike while the iron is hot.

I would think a nice tip to a bartender should do the trick. As for FCSC they are scheduled which as we all know is subject to change. Which I sure hope they don't change.

The FCS schedule never changes. Fox College Sports has aired every home game this season. Sometimes DirecTV just cancels their showing of the game, but its still on FCS.