SiouxSports.com Forum

Turgeon Vs. Pattyn

watchmaker49

From Schloss's blog:

Speaking of Turgeon, there’s plenty of buzz out there that he’s willing to fight UND’s Stephane Pattyn in the series finale. We’ll see if it actually happens.

Willing? I'll give 4-1 that Turgeon kicks Pattyn's ass. I'll also give 4-1 that Turgeon's aunt would kick Pattyn's ass. GeauxSioux also knows Turgeon's uncle and I think he would agree that if Tony is half as tough as his uncle the odds are right. It is not just their strength. It is their mind set also. Tony's uncle is about the same size as Virgil Hill, maybe 10 pounds heavier or so. But in a bar fight I would bet on Tony's uncle over Virgil. Even when Virgil was the title holder. I am not exaggerating at all.

Nothing worse in hockey than a pre-arranged fight. If Turgeon fights again (rememeber Lamoureux last year) it's going to look like nothing more than bitterness towards UND (my opinion). Did he want to play there and not get an offer?

From Schloss's blog:

Speaking of Turgeon, there’s plenty of buzz out there that he’s willing to fight UND’s Stephane Pattyn in the series finale. We’ll see if it actually happens.

Willing? I'll give 4-1 that Turgeon kicks Pattyn's ass. I'll also give 4-1 that Turgeon's aunt would kick Pattyn's ass. GeauxSioux also knows Turgeon's uncle and I think he would agree that if Tony is half as tough as his uncle the odds are right. It is not just their strength. It is their mind set also. Tony's uncle is about the same size as Virgil Hill, maybe 10 pounds heavier or so. But in a bar fight I would bet on Tony's uncle over Virgil. Even when Virgil was the title holder. I am not exaggerating at all.

Are you sure it's not Bill Bradski you're thinking of?

• Upvote 2

From Schloss's blog:

Thanks for the laugh.

From Schloss's blog:

lame... i bet my friend's brother's other brother could take him in a street brawl! actually, i've got some pretty good close quarters combat skills... excellent weapons ksa's as well. i'll take both of them on.

Turgeon is a tough kid. I would have to bet on him. We don't really have anyone in his weight class as a fighter, maybe MacWilliam but why trade our top dman for their 6th or 7th...Panzarella has alot of experience but he is giving up 40 pounds. I remember being in college and Mike Turgeon would make his way back to Forks for the weekend. You pretty much steered clear of him when you saw him out at the antique because he was a tough sob and also was a complete jackass. I don't think I ever saw him out where he didn't try and pick a fight.....he was one of those guys who would walk through the bar that was 100 people over fire code with his shoulders square and rigid and would try and pick a fight with anyone who bumped into him....like I said a complete jackass.

Turgeon is a tough kid. I would have to bet on him. We don't really have anyone in his weight class as a fighter, maybe MacWilliam but why trade our top dman for their 6th or 7th...Panzarella has alot of experience but he is giving up 40 pounds. I remember being in college and Mike Turgeon would make his way back to Forks for the weekend. You pretty much steered clear of him when you saw him out at the antique because he was a tough sob and also was a complete jackass. I don't think I ever saw him out where he didn't try and pick a fight.....he was one of those guys who would walk through the bar that was 100 people over fire code with his shoulders square and rigid and would try and pick a fight with anyone who bumped into him....like I said a complete jackass.

True that.

Pattyn seems spoiling for a fight the last few games. He may be willing to go with Turgeon but that's one big guy. I also am not big on pre-arranged fights so like the Sicatoka I hope the refs nip it in the bud. However, if they wanted to let Mersch and Pattyn go last week that would have been fine with me.

Pattyn seems spoiling for a fight the last few games. He may be willing to go with Turgeon but that's one big guy. I also am not big on pre-arranged fights so like the Sicatoka I hope the refs nip it in the bud. However, if they wanted to let Mersch and Pattyn go last week that would have been fine with me.

Looks like Pattyn will have to back it up tonight. According to Goon's blog Turgeon on the 4th line tonight.