SiouxSports.com Forum

Nickname for the fourth line.

geaux_sioux

From what I saw last night they've earned it. They set one hell of a standard for their level of play.

We've said it before that if they don't play the grinding, hard to play against game, you might as well put people in the lineup like O'Donnell, Chyzyk, and Gaarder because they have a better offensive upside. The fact that it stood out last night tells me that they haven't been as adept at fulfilling that role as they need to be on a consistent basis. Hopefully this was a precursor for things to come.

I'm confused, does a nickname mean they are better or something? How does one "deserve" a nickname?

They absolutely kicked ass last night and were the reason Wisconsin lost focus on winning and started taking stupid penalties. They also cycled the puck Porter style and finished every check and then some all night. Everyone was questioning the toughness of this team and last night they played with major grit which is infectious. They could be a reason this team goes far.

They absolutely kicked ass last night and were the reason Wisconsin lost focus on winning and started taking stupid penalties. They also cycled the puck Porter style and finished every check and then some all night. Everyone was questioning the toughness of this team and last night they played with major grit which is infectious. They could be a reason this team goes far.

Great, I love that. But why do they need/deserve a nickname? Why can't they just be themselves and kick some tail?

• Upvote 1

Cause it's fun and something to talk about. It's not a very serious discussion. Maybe we could dub them the buzzkill line?

Really.......can't people just have fun with it and not knock a guy trying to start a convo because the boys looked good and that line gave us all a sense of butt kickin time is starting just in time.....