SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Change

SIOUXELEVENS

If you knew anything about how he's running centrals program you'd realize that the entire post was sarcasm. Maybe leading off with Melrose wasn't sarcastic enough. Should I have gone with don cherry?

Actualy I'm a little confused. You used a double negative to describe Bina's tenure at GFC which threw me off. I'm well aware of the Central program and it's status.

I'm new to this board but not a new Fighting Sioux hockey fan and it's unbelievable how many people don't want to call out the head coach when he should be called out. Season after season when we don't win the Frozen Four people make excuses for him and he makes excuses for the team. He hasn't won a National Title and he s**t canned and tried to make a scapegoat out of the one coach who has won a National Title as a player and a coach.

The book "One Goal" is a perfect example of how this team is run because the book is more about Hakstol than anything else. Coach Jackson wasn't mentioned once, Coach Eades only once and we got a whole lot of pictures of behind the scenes looks at Hakstol and his family. The book was a disappointment and so is the performance of the Head Coach who year after year can't win a title with teams, that on paper, are the most talented.

Well that's interesting. The book is supposed to be about the Malone, Frattin and Trupp team that went to the frozen four, right? Hmmm

The book "One Goal" is a perfect example of how this team is run because the book is more about Hakstol than anything else. Coach Jackson wasn't mentioned once, Coach Eades only once and we got a whole lot of pictures of behind the scenes looks at Hakstol and his family. The book was a disappointment and so is the performance of the Head Coach who year after year can't win a title with teams, that on paper, are the most talented.

Funny you should mention the book "One Goal." College hockey news re-published my interview that I did with the author of the book.

You might find this question and answer interesting.

EB: How were you received by the UND assistant coaches?

O'Keefe: Coach (Dane) Jackson is hilarious – at one of the Thursday night steak dinners I mentioned how much I enjoyed the HBO series leading up to the Winter Classic and how much I admired the access they got. Jackson picked up on my not-too-subtle hint and said, “Alli, what do you want? Let’s do it.”

I was busted. They all knew why I had brought it up (keep in mind I had to make sure to watch SportsCenter just to know what the heck they were always talking about) but from that point forward, I didn’t really ask to go in the locker room; I just did.

So far BC has 11 in the NHL this year and UND has 8. Last year it was 22 for BC and 17 for UND. The year before that I believe it was 17 for BC and 16 for UND. I don't know where everyone gets this false impression that BC doesn't have NHL caliber players. BC has been successful for the last 10-12 years because they have had very talented players and a good coach. UND has been successful during that same time period for the same reasons. UND has been to 10 straight NCAA tournaments and 5 Frozen Fours out of those 10 tournament appearances. That isn't exactly the record of a mediocre program. The only real differences between the programs have been the National titles won by BC.

Well i didn't say he was right. :whistling:

Anybody care to elaborate on the definition of "unlawful delivery to certain persons"? or why there are 5 players in an on going legal process involving "unlawful delivery to certain persons". maybe that's why the team has been playing so poorly as of late.

for reference, the case numbers

18-2012-CR-03075

18-2012-CR-03084

18-2012-CR-03085

18-2012-CR-03086

18-2012-CR-03087

Anybody care to elaborate on the definition of "unlawful delivery to certain persons"? or why there are 5 players in an on going legal process involving "unlawful delivery to certain persons". maybe that's why the team has been playing so poorly as of late.

18-2012-CR-03075

18-2012-CR-03084

18-2012-CR-03085

18-2012-CR-03086

18-2012-CR-03087

Why not list their names? It is public record on the charges. Did it really take two months to charge them? Where was the Herald on this? It use to be called contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

18-2012-CR-03075=Kristo

18-2012-CR-03084=MacWilliam

18-2012-CR-03085=Rowney

18-2012-CR-03086=Knight

18-2012-CR-03087=Gleason

Fixed your post. All class A misdemeanors.

North Dakota Criminal Mischief Penalties - ND Criminal Mischief Laws

www.criminalpropertydamage.com/north-dakota/Cached - Similar

In North Dakota, Class A misdemeanors carry a potential sentence of up to 1 year in jail and $2,000 in fines.

why would schlossman do his job and report a big storey about the hockey team when it could run his relationship with the undsid who also thinks hes king

Umm, maybe because he already wrote an article on it way back when it happened before the season.

If you recall, all those players had to sit a game (Kristo sat two) during the season opener.

Shows how slowly the judicial system works that the hearing isn't until March...

Umm, maybe because he already wrote an article on it way back when it happened before the season.

If you recall, all those players had to sit a game (Kristo sat two) during the season opener.

Shows how slowly the judicial system works that the hearing isn't until March...

More like how far the defense attorney wants to stretch it out for. This could have been settled before the charges were even filed with a plea bargain. Though he did write an article before the charges were filed there was no follow up after the charges were laid. That is poor journalism or simply homer journalism. As was asked with the cow school players who is paying Sandberg? Not that a lawyer who only was admitted to the bar 3 years ago gets much per hour. Better question is how good is he at bargaining? Cow players get a good defense attorney and these guys get a newbie?

Though he did write an article before the charges were filed there was no follow up after the charges were laid. That is poor journalism or simply homer journalism. As was asked with the cow school players who is paying Sandberg?

He didn't need to write another article. He knew that all the Sioux Sleuths here on ss.com would uncover the truth and report it to the masses!!

:)

• Upvote 1

Funny you should mention the book "One Goal." College hockey news re-published my interview that I did with the author of the book.

You might find this question and answer interesting.

I read that article when it came out. It doesn't make it ok to leave him out of a book that's supposed to be about the teams journey to the Frozen Four. Now if she titled the book "One Man" than the book would be appropriately named. I think Coach Jackson, Coach Eades and the players deserved a little more than they got.

Whatever goon..

ur brown noser too from what ive heard

There is no excuse as to why he did not report on this. It is his responsibility as a journalist. Report and the chips fall where they fall. By not reporting on this he went from being a journalist to being public relations. This strongly takes away from his objectivity in future articles. In the future will he be looked as a writer or a Pravda story teller? My suggestion for him is to grow a pair.

There is no excuse as to why he did not report on this. It is his responsibility as a journalist. Report and the chips fall where they fall. By not reporting on this he went from being a journalist to being public relations. This strongly takes away from his objectivity in future articles. In the future will he be looked as a writer or a Pravda story teller? My suggestion for him is to grow a pair.

From his original story at the beginning of the year, we knew:

1) there was a huge party

2) a lot of the underage freshman were wasted

3) the cops were involved

It's not his fault if people can't add this up to realize that some of the upper classman would probably get hit with charges for supplying alcohol to minors.

As much as I like to criticize Schlossman for ignoring this type of stuff as much as possible, which in this case seems quite possible, I will say a little bit. He's not an investigative reporter, so in reality he may have just never even thought of looking back at it. Or maybe he kept looking but they took so long to file he just stopped looking and never thought of looking back. I had no idea the charges were actually filed until it was posted on here, just that they said there "might" be charges right after it happened. So like I said, it is quite possible that he just didn't know. However, it's also very possible that he chose to ignore it as long as it wasn't in the publics eye so that he can keep in the good graces of the hockey program. I wouldn't doubt the SID telling him to ignore it unless the public takes notice of it one bit. I also wouldn't doubt him just deciding not to follow up on it because its a bad mark on the program and a distraction that may not appeal to his readers. Although a story like that would probably be quite easily the most read story of his for the year because it will be more than just UND hockey fans reading it.

Then again, one would have to assume he was just pushing it off as long as the public didn't really know about it, because its guaranteed that he's known since the files were charged. I say that because he's far to close to the athletic department and the SID not to know about it.

Not a big deal, though. Now that people are starting to talk about it I'm sure we'll be seeing a story on it soon.