SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

Well, not everyone's favorite team is talented enough to choke away a 3-0 series lead AND a 3-0 game 7 lead AT HOME, are they?

Darn it!

What's the statute of limitations on this stuff?

Can I go back to 1994???

Is 2006 fair game???

:lol:

Darn it!

What's the statute of limitations on this stuff?

Can I go back to 1994???

Is 2006 fair game???

:lol:

I would say the general rule for sports should be 5 years. The three exceptions are the Vikings, Bills, and Bill Buckner; they will be mocked for life.

I would say the general rule for sports should be 5 years. The three exceptions are the Vikings, Bills, and Bill Buckner; they will be mocked for life.

Didn't you get the memo? Bill Buckner threw out the 1st pitch at Fenway a few years ago in what was obviously a very emotional moment for him. Boston has forgiven Bill - not that he needed to apologize to anyone.

Snake, I still have nightmares of Sidney Crosby raising the Stanley Cup at JLA in 2009. I still can't believe that the Red Wings lost that game.

Didn't you get the memo? Bill Buckner threw out the 1st pitch at Fenway a few years ago in what was obviously a very emotional moment for him. Boston has forgiven Bill - not that he needed to apologize to anyone.

Snake, I still have nightmares of Sidney Crosby raising the Stanley Cup at JLA in 2009. I still can't believe that the Red Wings lost that game.

There's a blast from the past, when I was stationed at Fort Devens, MA the Locals hated Bill Buckner after he booted the ball that caused the BoSox to lose the world series. This was two years after the sox had lost in the World Series. They also hated Bob Stanley.

Then the Mets got three consecutive singles. Score: 5-4. Red Sox reliever Bob Stanley wild-pitched the tying run home. But it’s the next play that still has Red Sox fans screaming in the middle of the night.

Stanley pitched a sinker-ball, designed to produce ground balls to infielders. What was supposed to happen did happen — Mookie Wilson tapped a slow grounder at Buckner at first base. But the ball rolled between Buckner’s legs, and the Mets won in the most incredible finish to a World Series game ever.

Why? You guys know a lot more about this than I do. Do you think he will get traded after this season?

He's a UFA, so the only thing they'd really be able to trade would be his negotiating rights. Doubtful that's going to happen.

I was just looking at LA's situation - wow! For next year (2014-15) they are $13.1M UNDER the cap, and the only guys that aren't under contract are Willie Mitchell, Marian Gaborik and Greene (UFA's) and Dwight King (RFA). Unbelievable.

Looking ahead to the following year (2015-16) they only have a couple UFA's and a bunch of the young kids will be RFA's, but currently they're $28.9M under the cap for that year! I'd guess they'll get the kids locked up this offseason to take care of that, along with maybe bringing in a couple of guys, and they'll be locked in. They're going to be tough for some time to come. Dean Lombardi has done a great job building this team.

Why? You guys know a lot more about this than I do. Do you think he will get traded after this season?

Because there are 5 better all around defenseman on their team (from the coaches standpoint). Greene does a great job on the kill though.

He's a UFA, so the only thing they'd really be able to trade would be his negotiating rights. Doubtful that's going to happen.

I was just looking at LA's situation - wow! For next year (2014-15) they are $13.1M UNDER the cap, and the only guys that aren't under contract are Willie Mitchell, Marian Gaborik and Greene (UFA's) and Dwight King (RFA). Unbelievable.

Looking ahead to the following year (2015-16) they only have a couple UFA's and a bunch of the young kids will be RFA's, but currently they're $28.9M under the cap for that year! I'd guess they'll get the kids locked up this offseason to take care of that, along with maybe bringing in a couple of guys, and they'll be locked in. They're going to be tough for some time to come. Dean Lombardi has done a great job building this team.

Yup, and a guy like Greene may sign for next to nothing....same with Mitchell and king for that matter. Gabby is gone in my opinion, some team will give him too much money after this years playoff performance.

Yup, and a guy like Greene may sign for next to nothing....same with Mitchell and king for that matter. Gabby is gone in my opinion, some team will give him too much money after this years playoff performance.

Do you guys think that maybe someone else might want Greene? Looking back through Gaborik's career would anyone have really expected his playoff performance? When I don't know something I find the people that do. Hence why I am asking you guys. Considering that you guys have forgotten more about this than I know.

Do you guys think that maybe someone else might want Greene? Looking back through Gaborik's career would anyone have really expected his playoff performance? When I don't know something I find the people that do. Hence why I am asking you guys. Considering that you guys have forgotten more about this than I know.

Greene's an interesting case. He's an Alternate captain in LA, but he's also a 6th/7th D on the team. He wears the A for a reason, however, going forward if he comes back does he continue to wear a letter? As he's a UFA this season, will they bring him back? I definitely think he has a few years left in him - whether it's in LA or somewhere else.

When Gaborik got traded to the Kings, there were a ton of 'experts' who said that it was a horrible trade and a horrible fit. I think a lot of people didn't expect this playoff performance out of him. Look how that turned out!

Greene's an interesting case. He's an Alternate captain in LA, but he's also a 6th/7th D on the team. He wears the A for a reason, however, going forward if he comes back does he continue to wear a letter? As he's a UFA this season, will they bring him back? I definitely think he has a few years left in him - whether it's in LA or somewhere else.

When Gaborik got traded to the Kings, there were a ton of 'experts' who said that it was a horrible trade and a horrible fit. I think a lot of people didn't expect this playoff performance out of him. Look how that turned out!

Agreed. Greene does serve a purpose however LA is so loaded at that position and they have more guys coming up potentially. Even Reaghr who isn't playing is solid. Also, Doughty is getting a letter next year for sure.