SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MINNESOTA - Friday

AZSIOUX

Keep the faith, folks.

Hak is a solid coach. We lost this match-up in a humiliating way.

Hak has a way of motivating player. A split would not be bad. A sweep would not be the end of the world either. But it would probably kill some Sioux-fan liver cells.

It will be interesting to see if the gophers continue to stay hot once they have to play on the road. They have been the benefactors of a long home stretch. I still think they are peaking to early.

Would you be saying the same thing if it were UND?

I'm just impressed with how Minnesota's defensemen and overall play in their own end has taken such a dramatic turn over the past two seasons. Mike Guentzel needs to be a head coach somewhere. Their defensemen are so hard to play against. Sticks in lanes, blocked shots, moving bodies in front of the net, and great gap play.

The right team won tonight. The effort was there by the Green and White, but it didn't fall their way. Need to get back to work and get a w tomorrow.

I thought we played decently and they took advantage of every one of our miscues. Saunders was very shaky tonight and I wouldn't be suprised to see Zane tomorrow. We need to do a better job of taking advantage of our opportunities and I thought Wilcox was really the difference tonight. I thought the reffing was very inconsistent but I probably should of expected that. Gophers really got away with a lot of stickwork and holding all over the ice and on Minnesota's 3rd goal there was a huge missed interference call where we would have had the puck and been going out of the zone but instead our guy gets hit to the ice and the puck gets to the Gopher d-man and ends up in the back of the net. We still need to do a better job in front of the net and in our zone. I trust in Hak and believe he will get the boys ready to go and get a win tomorrow night.

Wish I could beleive that UND will be much better tomorrow, but this is 4 straight where our defense has been terrible, the goaltending has been average, and the forwards have been anything but impressive.

Woog put it best: especially toward the end of the game, UND's defense was poor, the goalie was not making many saves, and their "big guns" did not do much of anything.

The refs were about as even as possible. Complete non-factor in the outcome of the game.

Yup, did a good job. Thought the Minnesota penalty that lead to the only UND goal was weak as could be. Pretty soft.

Did a good job of not falling for the fall down and hold my head and act hurt play too. Well done by the stripes.