SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MINNESOTA - Friday

AZSIOUX

Seriously wondering about that Kristo deal to. He could have EASILY prevented this goal

Danny is reading the trailer and looking to clear out a rebound to turn it back up ice. Possibly creating a 3-2 the other way.

Joe didn't check him effectively, but still pushed Condon pretty wide.

Let's not blame Joe or Clarke or Danny and call it like it is...that was just a beautiful snipe of the far-side upper from a tough angle.

Danny is reading the trailer and looking to clear out a rebound to turn it back up ice. Possibly creating a 3-2 the other way.

Let's not blame Joe or Clarke or Danny and call it like it is...that was just a beautiful snipe of the far-side upper from a tough angle.

I agree, Danny made the right play, if he helps out Joe initially the trailer is wide open. He did glide a little bit at the end and maybe could've gotten a stick on Condon. Clarke normally stops that but like you said, heck of a shot by Condon, and great awareness to go right at the defenseman with no stick.

Wondering if you could find the third goal for Minny, thought i saw an interference right before they scored. Thanks

I saw that right away too and was screaming for a call there, I believe Mitch MacMillan was headed to the boards to catch the wraparound and got picked off in the faceoff circle by a Gopher and never got to the puck.

Observations ...

No team had a territorial advantage - fairly even zone time.

UMTC converted their chances and we did not - might be a tell on who has more finishers.

When you play against a team with that much skill, our D won't be perfect - calm down.

What to improve on tonight:

-Defend the front of our net better - UMTC packed it in last night, didn't allow 2nd chances. We had 2 D behind the goal line on their 2nd goal.

- Get to scoring areas - we need to take advantage of the big rink and get open on the weakside of the rink. We got to the paint but Wilcox was strong low. We need room to snipe.

I think we will see a few lineup changes tonight and would guess the lineup will look something like this. I thought Schmaltz showed some good glimpses last night but also had a few bad lapses and wonder if Hak won't try to send him a message tonight.

Grimaldi-Knight-Kristo

Mark Mac.-Rowney-Parks

Caggiula-Gaarder-St.Clair

Mitch Mac.-Pattyn-Rodwell

Mac-Mattson

Simpson-Gleason

Forbort-Panzerella

Gothberg

Saunders

Those line combos are to good to happen, I don't know why he wont put rocco on the first line.

I agree, Danny made the right play, if he helps out Joe initially the trailer is wide open. He did glide a little bit at the end and maybe could've gotten a stick on Condon. Clarke normally stops that but like you said, heck of a shot by Condon, and great awareness to go right at the defenseman with no stick.

That's stretchng to find an excuse if you ask me. It's simple...if Kristo skates and gets back, Condon cannot cut around that side past Gleason. If he does, Gleason lets him go and Kristo picks him up as they switch and Gleason takes the trailor. But Kristo wasn't in place to support him so Gleason makes a pretty weak effort to try and push Condon as wide as he can and it wasn't wide enough. If Kristo goes to Condon and Condon drops it to the trailor...the only way the trailor is "wide open" is if both Gleason and Kristo stay with Condon...which would be idiotic team D. Again...in that case Gleason picks up the trailor after releasing Condon to Kristo...if Kristo would have been in place; which he wasn't because he hung a guy without a stick out to dry. It's team defense 101. Kristo didn't get back...period.

Can't blame Kristo on that one. He didn't play flies on !@#$ hockey. He had F2 coming into the zone and with or without a stick F1 is Gleason's guy.

Nice play by Condon. I'm not throwing Kristo under the bus for doing what he's supposed to do.

• Upvote 1

It was a nice snipe. But you are being too generous on Danny's effort. He was lazy on that one. As a teammate, you can't expect your defenseman with no stick to effectively stop a rushing player in a one on one situation. Joe did the best he could but Danny should have been busting his butt on the backcheck to support his teammate. He didn't even turn his head to locate the trailer after the puck entered the blue line so I don't buy that reasoning.

I agree, I think Danny didn't take the guy with the puck because he was doing his responsibility on that scenario...